page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you for providing us with your UNBIASED perspective

That;s all I've been asking for.... [b,{for YEARS}
edit on 18-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I've been reading and participating in many threads over the years here at ATS. I've been often accused of being Islamiphobic, Warmonger and or a brainwashed Zionist stooge etc and whatever else they have in their pocket.

The Iranian Government IMHO has {to the best of their ability in my understanding} tried to maintain order over their population just like any other country {I'll give them that as a right} But, Let's be honest here. There seems to be a fair amount of over the top rhetoric coming from Tehran. No, I'm not ANTI-Iran but rather Anti-BS.

What I've witnessed {I'm sure I'm not alone} over the years here is that when the US and or Israel get's mentioned in any thread, it's usually all hands on deck in denouncement. Meanwhile, when any of similar rhetoric is openly pronounce out of some Iranian official it get's defended or dispelled as "Just rhetoric" for internal Iranian consumption.

Personally and for the record. I'd like to see Iran and Israel put down their penis extensions and come to a face to face at a discussion table {Like the USSR and the US did} and talk it out! Who here can disagree with this proposition?

This isn't a case of one attempting to force their views on another, but rather, it's an open request for an unbiased and objective look and discussion. Does Iran have a right to Nuclear energy? Yes!, IMHO. Should Iran have Nukes? No! Not as long as they continue with the over the top Rhetoric, threats of closing the Straits and funding of certain Covert groups and activities.

Conversely,

Should the US/West take military action against them?

Hell no IMO!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Mach mood ammo demo jad

Priceless !!!

Edit to add: Now before ANYONE says something, inflammatory, I just thought it was funny !!!!

edit on 18-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Personally and for the record. I'd like to see Iran and Israel put down their penis extensions and come to a face to face at a discussion table {Like the USSR and the US did} and talk it out! Who here can disagree with this proposition?

I'd like to see that, too. I'd also like to see the USA withdraw all their troops from everywhere, and facilitate such discussions, rather than "choosing sides" and acting like a schoolyard bully.

The only persons I can think who would disagree would be the military/industrial complex and the egomaniacal warmongers who are just itching for a fight to start.

It's asinine. That grownups behave like gossipy bullies or vindictive "mean girls", poking and poking....jabbing and dissing....

really? The human race seems so adolescent as a whole. Thank God for those who are truly peace-keepers and peace-seekers, rare as they are.

I also don't get the "USA must never abandon Israel as an ally" thing....my mom does, though...maybe it's a generational thing. I don't remember Israel becoming a sovereign nation, but I know it had to do with Britian after WW2.

I'm just sick to my soul about all the destruction of beautiful, historical places and art, of the rich legacy of ancient cultures, of innocent lives, of the Earth -- our home! -- and of what tenuous peace has ever been established.... based on dogma, or greed, or blind hatred.

I wish there was a way to open the minds of those in charge -- those with all that might and say-so; whether the UN, world leaders, or insane terrorist cells; we need -- desperately -- a change of direction. A new trajectory. Sadly, I'm beginning to doubt it will happen in my lifetime (which is "only" half over at best), if ever.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Seems I always get the "other" type of Iranian, when it comes to talking about Iran's regime. The ones that don't know that even the opposition groups,are hand picked by the Supreme Leader. The one that has nothing bad to say about Irans current leadership. I find it highly dubious, when one cant find anything bad to say about their Government, or its policy's, when I have a boatload to say, about my own Government, and they also have a boatload to say about "my" Government !

No doubt. I run into my share as well. ATS has an inordinate impact on public opinion, and you'll find the damndest things out there in public that you've seen here first. I know that, you know that, but more to the point Iran, China, Israel, the US, etc. all know that, too. Every one of them has their cheerleaders here, volunteer of otherwise, trying to do their part to sway opinions.

Meanwhile, when those other voices come out, the voices from the street, they usually come out in a more... widespread... venue. Youtube, Twitter, other places with a broader appeal base. Those Youtube videos from inside Iran? They got out via encrypted proxy nodes, right past an Iranian attempt at lockdown, and landed in places where a much broader audience would see them, all sitting there and just waiting for people to pick them up and spread them further.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, folks are keeping other folks busy with infighting, stealing their concentration and waging an opinion war. We seem to be running into interference fighters here.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
edit on 18-8-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD
edit on 18-8-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

I

thought so.............

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I hear you.

Im hoping to see some of the most ardent supporters of Iran, actually show up to this thread, with some logic, and unbiased opinion, and facts, to actually see if ATS can make some headway, about Iran. I hope the level of Maturity stays the way it has, for the last few pages. Its been a fine debate, so far !

BTW, you got to give me some info, on where those proxies end up. Would love to source some true Iranians, and even ask them to join the discussion !!!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I hope the level of Maturity stays the way it has, for the last few pages

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by nenothtu

Im hoping to see some of the most ardent supporters of Iran, actually show up to this thread, with some logic, and unbiased opinion, and facts, to actually see if ATS can make some headway, about Iran. I hope the level of Maturity stays the way it has, for the last few pages. Its been a fine debate, so far !

This is my exact hope. The caveat being that I don't want to spend my entire night arguing with Americans who simply want to set up an anarchy shop and go on for hours just for the sake of going on for hours.

Been there, done that, wore out the freaking T-shirt - and am moving on now!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
For the open record, Anyone, that includes Iranian or not!, online in the US...meh to both

In a dark alley?

US Marine.....?

Talking here. name is SLATER 1833
edit on 18-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The biggest flag and the biggest star I've ever given you Slay.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Enrichment is the crux of the conflict? Offer to lift sanctions if nuclear power is sidelined in favor of tidal farms and vertical wind turbines (the two most cost/output efficient systems), and then offer to subsidize it. Additionally, offer incentives to US companies and Iranian start-ups willing to get those projects off the ground.

Problem solved.

Oh, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper from every angle than a military engagement.
edit on 18-8-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Struth.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I don't think you'll find many of the Iran supporters capable of objectivity - in this thread or any other. They already have too heavy of an emotional investment in the issues, and can't brook logical discussion. the emotions get in the way.

I suppose it could be said that I am currently a "supporter" of Iran, in that I support their right to exist, and do whatever the heck they want to withing their own borders. Doesn't mean I'm happy with the way they do, just that I acknowledge it's not my place to deny them that, or tell them how to run their internal affairs.

That is subject to change without notice, especially if they persist in demanding an end to the existence of other countries. I think live and let live is applicable - if they can't allow others to live and let live, then there is no particular reason they should be allowed that luxury themselves.

Just my 2 cents worth. U2U en-route concerning the rest.

edit on 2012/8/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

they do talk ...but the west have agendas ..

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

All sides have agendas. This is one of the defining characteristics of negotiation. I fail to see the relevance of stating that one side, in a conflict, has demands or self-interests?

~Heff

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Have you ever expected less from a pissed off US Marine?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

true ...but from what ive seen ..Iran tell it how it is

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

I respect your right to that opinion. I do, however, disagree and have reasons to do so.

~Heff
edit on 8/18/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join