Kim warns troops to prepare for 'sacred war' during US-South Korea exercises

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthworthy
Has anybody played the game Homefront? The intro video of the game basically describes what is going on right now. I'm not trying to make a connection from video game to real life, but the story of the game makes you wonder how long they thought about their story. Check it out if you haven't seen it. On a lighter note it's Saturday

Is it a computer game or can you get it on xbox 360/PS3?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This is nothing new and really N. Korea likes to talk a big game but wont start anything. They are in a position where they can't unless China signs onto it. If they attack and China doesn't approve they are screwed. The South isn't the country it was the first time around. It has a military that has worked closely with ours for fifty some odd years now. They can virtually run the war effort all on there own with minimal US interference.

One of the big reasons this becomes somewhat a big deal during these annual exercises on both sides of it, is they are still technically at war. And one misfired round or bad target could easily start hostilities again.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by jude11

Anytime you wanna chat about a bar fight and Johnny Walker Blue, by all means, please do
........ JW Blue is some of my favorite.... so tasty

Do you still live in SK? What was it like being there? Were you constantly worried about war possibly breaking out?

I was there for about 8 yrs and at first it was a little concerning as I lived about 25 miles from the DMZ. Always seen tanks in the streets, military at the airports and they still have turrets and watch towers on many of the beaches. Strange.

But for anyone enjoying a good bar fight and a bottle of Blue, you will be served on both...fast.

Cheaper going the local route and drinking Soju tho. Nasty stuff.

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Kim's uncle is in China meeting Hu. Pulling the US' attention away from Syria wwould be an ideal strategy for China who has many Investments in Syria and Iran.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by jude11

Anytime you wanna chat about a bar fight and Johnny Walker Blue, by all means, please do
........ JW Blue is some of my favorite.... so tasty

Do you still live in SK? What was it like being there? Were you constantly worried about war possibly breaking out?

I live in SK right now and will until December. No we don't live in fear, everyone lives life like normal. Malls are full, subways are packed, everything is fine.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
He's a joke and a brat.... I worried about who he replaced. If everyone recalls though, he's not even 100% in charge. It settled out as a joint sharing thing as I recall.

North Korea's Military to Share Power

That makes me feel okay about things....just as learning his Father had him basically in charge up to a year before his death made me feel better during the "chaos" of the transition. Heck, the transition had actually happened long before....the outside world just hadn't known it.

The Military wouldn't commit suicide by choice and whatever the outcome for the United States or South Korea, North Korea won't be alive to see that play out....and they'd know that.

I read this as little Kim throwing a P.R. fit to get some attention and feel special. The adult supervision comes in the Military allowing him to feel special and say stupid things.

You speak of him as if you know him personally! Hes a Joke and a Brat those are opinions based on what evidence? When is the last time you visited North Korea? America and South Korea are constantly doing war drills near their border isn't that provocative action considering the tensions that are there?

Also who's the source for this. Have we seen video of him saying this in in his own language to his troops. No probably because its bull#. Do you know how hard it is to get real intelligence out from North Korea? Do you?
edit on 18-8-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Kim jr is weak. He spends his time riding carnival rides. Someone else is his handler who will decide on agreements of war with foreign nations and not have to ask permission form the kid

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I cannot blieve a kid runs this place.Something could happen if someone in North Korea does something stupid.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Patton was right when he said we should chase the little bastards north of the line or we would have to fight them in the future... should have wiped them out in the Korean war and been done with it...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcamp2011
Patton was right when he said we should chase the little bastards north of the line or we would have to fight them in the future... should have wiped them out in the Korean war and been done with it...

Yup,

Kill all the soldiers and millions of innocents as well. Just casualties of war after all. No big deal right?

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Well ya know, it was said by the Web Bot that N Korea will use a nuke in anger, then after that we have 2 months or so before the grande finale....according to the web bot that is.....

Personally the only sure thing that can be foreseen in the near future is that ice cream will give me gas.......I would roll down a window if I were you...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Cheaper going the local route and drinking Soju tho. Nasty stuff.

I contest! Soju is a good drink, not too strong either.

reply to post by jude11

Good reply! The war in Korea is over, not technically, but the fighting's not happening and I damn well hope it stays that way!

But I hope North Korea is invaded... by the Internet. That would be interesting.
edit on 19/8/2012 by Recouper because: (no reason given)
edit on 19/8/2012 by Recouper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
How does a communistic atheistic nation have a sacred war exactly?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
How does a communistic atheistic nation have a sacred war exactly?

Not gonna lie, when I read this response I laughed....

No one ever said that Kim was smart, maybe he doesn't know what "sacred" means... He hears all the middle eastern countries tossing it out so he decided to give a whirl...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The news you linked is from December 2011.

In July 2012, Kim was announced as the supreme leader of the armed forces in North Korea. I'm on a mobile device right now, so I can't go back and forward and put links in my post, but you can look it up in reuters, the article is there.

Not only that, but your article relates to Kim sharing his power. That was a friendly presentation to the world, because right before the "surpreme army leader" announcement, the Vice Marshall that he was supposed to share power with, has actually been laid off due to "health reasons".

As it stands today, Kim is actually North Korea surpreme leader. He can do whatever he wants.

ETA:

North Korea leader cements his control over army (reuters)

North Korea's army chief relieved of all duties (CBCN)
edit on 19-8-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: Managed to post links afterall, corrected second paragraph.
edit on 19-8-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

The sources for how I formed my opinion came in the flurry of material within a few days of his being announced to the world. One of the only people who got out to speak of anything, knew him as someone wokring in the house and described him as spoiled and viciously cold. The history of his Brother, who was heir before he got busted trying to sneak into Disney Tokyo suggests the general control over anyone in that family was loose with nothing but confirmation to suggest the Kim we see now is more of the same.

*** (All after this is dated by the correction given above...my bad)
The articles such as the one I believe I posted above, about military power sharing being forced on this Kim also speak of immaturity and a level of instability to the guy. The fact the military was even ABLE to dictate their own sharing of power, as they seemed to have done, also speaks volumes about this one being just a bit wimpy.

Previous DPRK Leaders would likely have shot some officers for merely cracking a joke about it..... lol

Forgive me if I'm a bit too out of it to post up a bunch of sources... The thread I just wrote was meant to take an hour...took closer to 5...and I'm just about copy/pasted out.

The DRPK is always good for laughs though.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Marking out the bad info... oops.. sorry all

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Hey, thanks for the links...... That helps and it would have had my previous message written a touch differently. Heck..I can always be wrong, and I sure missed the announcements in July. Last I;d read, his Brother and Sister were still pissed to be gentle about it...and the Military had definite ideas about how much he would be allowed to govern.

Oh well.. So much going on these days, it takes more hours than we have to stay up with every bit. Thanks again for the links to inform as well as note the dated info. I stand corrected! (Though my personal opinion of him remains entirely unchanged.. lol

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

The Queen owns the US and there isnt even any arguement about that,she also owns Canada and Austrailia and god knows what else,we may have the US and Canada as official names but she still owns us,North Korea doesnt even really matter in the big picture,and it doesnt matter who takes them out us or the Chineese,I think the Chineese will just annex them for the power and territory,before there is a war with a superpower on their borders,we might wake up one morning to hear that China and the US and russia have tri-laterally dismantled North Korea in the name of global security and China will be given temporary-permanent control of the people and territory.Once we are done in the Middle East we will fix N.Korea up,the world is going to be a safer place for humanity as a whole when this much needed global housecleaning is over,so really no one is going to take a shot at the Queen because she will kick them right in the Crown Royal bag.

Seriously anyone with a brain can just look at a list of bad countrys and point them out,there is no more dynamic in which these hotspot countries say screw-off and leave us alone we have a right to do what we want with our people and we will kill you if you interfere,the WORLD led by the Queen and her assets is essentially saying OK great lets get it on.There is a global realisation of the need for a military force or forces willing and ready to simply clean up the garbage,the bad countrys,who cares how they got that way change has to start somewhere and fortune favors the brave so the only approach is through the front door.

There are no bad guys left in the heavyweight division any more,China is actually evolveing out of their traditional mindsets FASTER than the US and canada evolved themselves,and China WAS old fashioned and regressive,now they are embraceing the new global reality and changeing faster than anyone expected,to humanitys surprise,this country is striveing to become a leader in humanitarian direction while also trying to adapt a very old cultural mindset to a new global future and reality in which militray might isnt a sign of power but humanitarian intervention becomes that sign of power----other countrys need to WANT to follow the leader so its put up or shut up,and as soon as the bad boys are cleaned up we will see this competative humanitarian power dynamic develop,lots of competition to go,just no more military competition.look at Russia,like it or not they are on board and understand the need for global humanitarian unity.They will kick some arse soon ---they are also eager to clean up some bad boys as they know there isnt much war in the future they want history to say they were on the good guys side at the right time.

I already remote viewed this ,China will take out N.korea and for the right reasons,and Russia and Britain{US,Canada,Australia ect.} will help,when we are done there its over to help India do some housecleaning,after that the world hits africa with everything we have aid-wise to right the boat there and we are in a much better position as a species immediatly.This is a housecleaning based on species survival,so it WILL happen with the co=operation of ALL the superpowers and their peoples,the end result will be a global democracy or equivilant,no more depotism.

And country that chooses to convert and surrender their arms to the superpowers until we can amalgamate them all into one will not be bullyed,just let your people fairly vote for what they want in an environment policed by a global interest because we dont trust that a global humanitarian interest will be respected without this intervention.

Come on N.Korea get with the program,really theres no one left to fight anymore,people are hungry,no one is takeing anything with force anymore,the world has shrunk and we are being forced to move in together,it is what it is,military force will NOT feed your people,you CANNOT expand to survive,no one can,we need to come together as one not grow as individuals those fantasy days are over the world isnt big enough.At one time we also thought the world was flat,and in that vein we also think we all have a right to aotonomous growth supported by military might and death.

The time for change is NOT on the horizon it is here,the baby Boomers will try to settle this before they pass it is their birthright to bring the global villiage together before they leave us all.And judgeing by everything I have witnessed the Boomers accomplish in my life-time as an Echo,my moneys on them suceeding 100%.

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join