It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim warns troops to prepare for 'sacred war' during US-South Korea exercises

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We've literally heard this before (thread below), but now that we have a new leader in charge should we be worried about the upcoming South Korea/USA training exercises? I'm curious to see what they would do if they did attack... Because they know if they attack South Korea soil, USA will be jumping in immidiately, so do they attack the US fleet first? Do you they have anything that can stand up to the US military?

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un told his troops to be vigilant during upcoming training exercises between South Korea and the United States, saying they should be ready to lead a "sacred war," state media reported Saturday.

Is this kid stupid enough to do something?

I hope this is nothing but saber-rattling, and nothing more... The last thing USA needs is to jump into a conflict, especially with so much uncertainty coming from the middle east....

My only concern is that when you poke at the balloon too much, sooner than later its going to pop!!

Mods- I ran a search but only saw the 2011 thread that i posted...

www.cnn.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-8-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Who knows how much power Kim actually has.I worry more about the old generals myself.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
Who knows how much power Kim actually has.I worry more about the old generals myself.

Well thats the million dollar question... No one really knows what this kid is capable of...And no one really knows how the old school generals are going to react..

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Maybe it's not that he's the aggressor but rather just wanting to be prepared in case the US and SK try something...?

With the US involved, it's always a good reason to remain vigilant.

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Maybe it's not that he's the aggressor but rather just wanting to be prepared in case the US and SK try something...?

With the US involved, it's always a good reason to remain vigilant.

Peace

I hope its just that... But when a person uses the term 'sacred war' it gets me thinking thats its more than just a simple preparation...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
He's a joke and a brat.... I worried about who he replaced. If everyone recalls though, he's not even 100% in charge. It settled out as a joint sharing thing as I recall.

North Korea's Military to Share Power

That makes me feel okay about things....just as learning his Father had him basically in charge up to a year before his death made me feel better during the "chaos" of the transition. Heck, the transition had actually happened long before....the outside world just hadn't known it.

The Military wouldn't commit suicide by choice and whatever the outcome for the United States or South Korea, North Korea won't be alive to see that play out....and they'd know that.

I read this as little Kim throwing a P.R. fit to get some attention and feel special. The adult supervision comes in the Military allowing him to feel special and say stupid things.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If you mean an attack on Nk?I think were kind of more concerned about Israel/Iran right now.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

If you mean an attack on Nk?I think were kind of more concerned about Israel/Iran right now.

North Korea is like that wasted guy at the bar who keeps giving you dirty looks from across the room... You know its eventually going to go down if you dont remove yourself from the situation...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes NK hasnt had any press in awhile which is why i hope they DONT pull a dangerous stunt for PR.
edit on 18-8-2012 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

More like he just falls asleep until his next bender with the only result being soiled pants and a lingering smell.
. These threats of war are just that ,threats ,Go back to 2010 and 2011 and war was a just a matter of days away.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

reply to post by jude11

North Korea is like that wasted guy at the bar who keeps giving you dirty looks from across the room... You know its eventually going to go down if you dont remove yourself from the situation...
Right.I wonder if we should have postponed the exercises until it plays out in the gulf...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Right.I wonder if we should have postponed the exercises until it plays out in the gulf...

I just feel that we could be stretched thin/tested if we got pulled into 2 conflicts (NK and Middle East) at the same time....

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
NK is in cahoots with Iran! They're going to have US forces spread out across the globe, thus creating a rift of weakness!

...That's what I would do if I wanted to take down a much larger foe. in no way was I serious, haha.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

If you mean an attack on Nk?I think awere kind of more concerned about Israel/Iran right now.

I just feel that we could be stretched thin/tested if we got pulled into 2 conflicts (NK and Middle East) at the same ptime....
Totally agree.So why risk a run in with an unknown commodity(Kim)at this particularly dangerous time in ME.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Funny thing is that it happened to me in my bar in South Korea about 5 years back.

I was sitting and talking to a friend and watching my staff, customers at the same time. Across a few table was a Korean who was clearly drunk and wearing a scowl.

I knew something was going to happen and minutes later a bottle came flying at my head. Seen it just quick enough but it broke my glass door behind me. I didn't hesitate but jumped over the few tables and landed a punch on his eye socket so hard that I cracked my hand and he ended up with a busted cheek bone.

After all was settled, the bystanders (Korean) told me that the guy thought I was American and that he had a real hate on for the Military because of something about his family back in the War. He came back about a week later and actually apologized with a bottle of JW Blue. ($800 a bottle over there) Paid for my door as well.

We got drunk face to face this time. His still wasn't so pretty...

Sorry, got off topic a bit but yes, it's the quiet guy in the corner you have to watch for...

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Anytime you wanna chat about a bar fight and Johnny Walker Blue, by all means, please do
........ JW Blue is some of my favorite.... so tasty

Do you still live in SK? What was it like being there? Were you constantly worried about war possibly breaking out?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Please stop with this speculation, as a new user of this site I feel that many posts are the rants of fear mongers and would be part time admirals or generals. This is not a subject of speculation but of knowledge. Just because we see a few headlines in the news does not mean that the speculation they report is fact or fiction.I understand that people need to feel the need to report information, that may have an affect on the wider populace, but please report on actual developements and stop trying to be the forebearers of bad news! please try and give us some good news from time to time like.....South Korean women like North Korean men, or, Pussy Riot babes are actually fit babes from Mars, please as a new member I would like to see some positives.;

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Has anybody played the game Homefront? The intro video of the game basically describes what is going on right now. I'm not trying to make a connection from video game to real life, but the story of the game makes you wonder how long they thought about their story. Check it out if you haven't seen it. On a lighter note it's Saturday

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by annakin1

There's handfuls of forums for you to browse, you don't have to be stuck in this particular one. ^_________^ You better batten down the hatches, because this problems you have isn't going anywhere. You may as well do your best to play devils advocate, and present an opposing case to the best of your abilities. It can get pretty heated...however, if you show respect towards other users....the debates can be interesting and fun. Sometimes, it can seem absolutely ridiculous though, haha.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by annakin1
reply to post by jhn7537

Please stop with this speculation, as a new user of this site I feel that many posts are the rants of fear mongers and would be part time admirals or generals. This is not a subject of speculation but of knowledge. Just because we see a few headlines in the news does not mean that the speculation they report is fact or fiction.I understand that people need to feel the need to report information, that may have an affect on the wider populace, but please report on actual developements and stop trying to be the forebearers of bad news! please try and give us some good news from time to time like.....South Korean women like North Korean men, or, Pussy Riot babes are actually fit babes from Mars, please as a new member I would like to see some positives.;

I'm not sure if what I wrote was fear mongering, if you took it that way I do apologize.... I was reading CNN and saw this story as their top story, so I would say that its a story worth commenting on..Go look all over ATS, people speculate non stop with good and bad stories, to a certain degree thats what this site was built on... Personally, I want to know if there are any kinds of developments in NK or anywhere else in the world, if I didnt post this story, I would hope that someone else would have brought this to our attention...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join