It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Death Experience? I've seen the light... Or did I ? Amazing experience for sure...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uneedhlp247
reply to post by DARREN1976

I don't believe I was dead, I think that maybe I was near death and I was having an OBE, kind of watching me die. Remember i had a birds eye view on what was going on and i was slowly getting higher and higher. But I believe it just wasn't time so I was returned. I didnt die at any point. Just came close.

Sensible answer.... the end point i was getting at was maybe the sudden shock of facing death might of been enough to force you out of your body and into your obe/nde, what do you reckon?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Uneedhlp247

Thanks much for taking the time to post your wonderful experience! You might not realize it, but by posting this, you just might have helped a fellow member/s overcome his/her unecessary fear of what we call "death".
It was forty two years ago when at the age of nineteen I had my own n.d.e., and as much as I wanted to stay on "the other side", I was told it wasn't my time and I had to go back.
People used to celebrate a loved one's "crossing over", then along came the Catholic Church, soon followed by other religious denominations, and used the fear of death as a means of control over the people. No one in their right mind would want to spend eternity roasting in the fires of Hell, which meant their putting themselves under the authority of the church in order to avoid such a fate.
Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to stay on the other side long enough to learn more, but I hold the belief that we should live this phase of our spiritual developement to the best of our ability, and try not to hurt anyone else along the way. The real Hell is having to relive this life over and over until we get it right. Anyone who has seen the other side, I think will know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I think it was more the sudden impact of earth meeting my body at high velocity that triggered the OBE/NDE. But it is strange, I only remember seeing the edge approaching then came the OBE/NDE. Flying trough the air and impact, I dont remember that at all. Not the east bit. But I do know that by the damage to my bike when I went to the impound lot to see it, I must have done cart wheels when I hit. I mean my bike was damaged in all areas from the handlebars, the rims, the plastics were broke. It was bad. It wasn't worth what it cost to get it out of impound so I left it.. Oh, my wife also said se would kill me if I brought it home....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I think it was more the sudden impact of earth meeting my body at high velocity that triggered the OBE/NDE. But it is strange, I only remember seeing the edge approaching then came the OBE/NDE. Flying trough the air and impact, I dont remember that at all. Not the east bit. But I do know that by the damage to my bike when I went to the impound lot to see it, I must have done cart wheels when I hit. I mean my bike was damaged in all areas from the handlebars, the rims, the plastics were broke. It was bad. It wasn't worth what it cost to get it out of impound so I left it.. Oh, my wife also said se would kill me if I brought it home....

Well I have heard that if you have a car crash when your drunk then it actually stops you getting so many injuries as you are all floppy and relaxed rather than tensed, if your soul left your body then obiously your body would of been in a similar state as a drunk persons so thats why you probably walked away pretty good after it. You catch my drift?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It makes perfect sense and the best explanation I've heard on how I avoided injuries. But still, I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans, only a helmet as protection. I don't know how I avoided any cuts or scrapes. I'm amazed beyond belief.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It makes perfect sense and the best explanation I've heard on how I avoided injuries. But still, I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans, only a helmet as protection. I don't know how I avoided any cuts or scrapes. I'm amazed beyond belief.

Maybe it's just a case of luck, and I wish I had good luck like you, on a serious note, I do believe in a higher power, but I believe in the universal consiousness, that if you want it badly enough you can will it to happen, after all, nothing is impossible in the quantum level, you have heard of schrodingers cat theory? things change when they are observed, maybe you tapped in to that and your a single parralel version amongst many versions of yourself that had that crash, and you where the one that walked way, in another parralel universe the other version of you died or was extremely banged up, what do you think? (on a side note, i love moto-crossing as well, and i will give you a bit of advice, i had a bad crash years ago, really effed up my right leg, was swollen about 3 times the size of a normal leg, all the ligaments and tendons torn and ripped, if you dont get straight back on a bike, you will never get on one again, 2 days later i was on my other crosser with my leg propped out to the side, riding hell for leather! seriously, if you dont get straight back on, you never will!)

edit on 21-8-2012 by DARREN1976 because: ammendment...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I will ride again. I've always loved ridding, jumping and racing my friends. I'm not afraid to get back on a bike. I just don't ride easy. My friends will say, wow that's a big jump, the next thing they know I'm flying off it. This was my downfall. I'm a bit of a show off, pluss I like the adrenalin rush. This is what caused the accident, STUPIDITY!! This is what I fear. I know myself well enough to know that I would have no self controll.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I will ride again. I've always loved ridding, jumping and racing my friends. I'm not afraid to get back on a bike. I just don't ride easy. My friends will say, wow that's a big jump, the next thing they know I'm flying off it. This was my downfall. I'm a bit of a show off, pluss I like the adrenalin rush. This is what caused the accident, STUPIDITY!! This is what I fear. I know myself well enough to know that I would have no self controll.

I hear ya pal, it was stupidity that caused me to have my accident when I was 14 years old, I was chasing my mate on his bike on a narrow pathway with bollards either side so there was no way of the pathway at speed, and there was a bend with a lampost on the bend and I was going too fast to stop or ride of the pathway, and I just kew I was heading for a crash in t the lampost, so I tried to throw the bike away from it, to minimise the damage, and tended up whacking my knee of the thing, it's still dented to this day from my knee hitting it, that was when I was 14 years old, I'm 35 now, and boy did it hurt! rolled across the floor with my leg ending up straight in front of me across the floor, ripped and tore all the ligament's and tendon's behind my knee, it took me 2 and a half hours to walk to the hospital dragging my leg behind me and it's normally a 25 minute walk to there at an easy stroll!!! But like I said, 2 days later I was screeching about on my other 'crosser (XL 125cc Honda) with my bad leg sprung straight out and stiff to the side! Couldnt use the foot brake either because of it, and I remember the neighbour's child coming out, as I was using a bit of waste ground at the back of our house's, and he thought it would be funny to start throwing stones at me every time I rode past him!! I cant be angry at him though as he was only a young child, didnt know what he was doing really! But it's true what people say though, I didnt have an NDE/OBE when I crashed, but everything went in REAL slow motion thats why I was able to plan what I was going to do to minimise the damage! I think it's some kind of defence mechanism when you see things in slow motion when your going to have an accident, dont you think? Just the same as what happened to you, maybe it was some kind of defence mechanism that threw you out of your body, caused you to relax so you didn't do so much damage and also took you out of the threshold of pain, seperated you from it by making you have an NDE/OBE so you did not suffer, eh?
PEACE!!!

edit on 22-8-2012 by DARREN1976 because: spelling...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

your open-mindedness is refreshing sir. Your choice of words speaks greatly into my ears.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

your open-mindedness is refreshing sir. Your choice of words speaks greatly into my ears.

And your flattery will get you everywhere!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join