It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Death Experience? I've seen the light... Or did I ? Amazing experience for sure...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
OP please compare the fear and panic from the previous post.

With what you described

You automatically feel that everything will be alright. It's peaceful and calming. There's no pain, there's no sadness, it's undescribeable. I don't want to die but I no longer fear dying.

Peace and serenity. Does that jive with the fear message that poster is trying to sell you on.. As the religious often say, beware of false prophets

edit on 19-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
how you describe the slow rise and the magnetic pull is exactly how i felt.i died one time at a phish show in atl on the 4th, years ago in the 90's.well lets just say drugs were involved,
well i went into a cartoon land.the next thing i knew it was like waking up when you sleep that jerk you awake thing,then i realized i was looking at a cars bumper, with the car being eye level then, i realized i was completely sober.i then realized that i was looking down at the car from high enough to see the sun roof open (and even thought those people were nuts for leaving their sunroof open at a phish show in atl)then i felt a calm surreal feel like i was more on an infinite plane as opposed to being in my body. at this point i could see over the whole parking lot so far that i could see cops directing traffic in the street, i thought to myself this is impossible, i should be on the ground and real #ed up. so i told my self to take a breath, your #ed up, just take a breath.
the instant i did i felt a flip flop feeling like i was falling, but a the same time i was coming up off the ground like a sit up. by the time my head was all the way forward i felt the drugs hit me.
at this point the girl i was with was crying freaking out hitting me, and shaking me, and hugging and kissing me all at the same time. saying you were dead, you were dead, she said i wasn't breathing and my eyes were open and she was couldn't get me to wake up.the thing about it thats strange is i was real #ed up and cant remember what happened before or after the experience but i can remember the out of body time clearly.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
in response to not having scrapes, bruises. broken bones, etc.. after a 30' drop on to hard rocks...

i self-taught myself to walk on hot coals without getting burnt flesh or blisters or anything...
i also walk on broken glass without getting punctures ans cuts...but don't do that thing too much anymore

by DARREN1976:
if you had no injuries....then what killed you and caused the N.D.E.? Surely you should of had some kind of physical trauma in order for you to have an N.D.E. and be thrown out of your body?
Please someone help me to understand this, maybe it's a case of anticipated trauma that caused your soul to seperate from your body?

perhaps the OP involuntarily blacked-out at the onset of the cliff launching...
then assumed the 'spirit' of the hummingbird and that resulted in the metaphysical soft-landing of his actual physical body on the rocks below.

some might say the OP shape-shifted in the effort to excape calamity

but this is more in line with a OBE than a NDE...and an OBE can be a deep state of meditation or even a shape-shifting event where the subject becomes a puff of smoke or a Raven or Wolf or whatever

edit on 19-8-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Give up your own beliefs. You didn't enter the other side. You don't know. Everyone goes threw what you did when they have a NDE. That doesn't mean they've seen the other side and they know what's there. If they only knew what was waiting they'd repent in a heart beat! This is your last chance to get to know Jesus before, next time you find out for real. Let go and let God now that you have this second chance to make the right decision. Just pick up a bible and also start to pray ok.

edit on 19-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

There's always one isnt there...

If no-one knows whats on the other side, then how do you know that Jesus is your saviour and the way? ho

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976

Originally posted by r2d246
Give up your own beliefs. You didn't enter the other side. You don't know. Everyone goes threw what you did when they have a NDE. That doesn't mean they've seen the other side and they know what's there. If they only knew what was waiting they'd repent in a heart beat! This is your last chance to get to know Jesus before, next time you find out for real. Let go and let God now that you have this second chance to make the right decision. Just pick up a bible and also start to pray ok.

There's always one isnt there...

If no-one knows whats on the other side, then how do you know that Jesus is your saviour and the way? ho

So true, when people actually have the experience it's chalked up to some dream or the brain dealing with the trauma. They won't listen to the experiences but they will believe what is written in a book.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
To op. Strange you didn't meet or talk with a being or see a light tunnel like most others who claim to have near death experiences.

Thanks for sharing this story with us.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976
What I cant understand is, (and op, plaese dont take this the wrong way, its not that I dont believe yu, as I do believe in life after death) that if you had no injuries....then what killed you and caused the N.D.E.? Surely you should of had some kind of physical trauma in order for you to have an N.D.E. and be thrown out of your body? Please someone help me to understand this, maybe it's a case of anticipated trauma that caused your soul to seperate from your body?

edit on 19-8-2012 by DARREN1976 because: spelling..

They say if you suicide and jump from a building before hitting the ground your spirit will get out of your body.
Perhaps he didn't die but his spirit went out just on time?
As for no injuries, maybe just very very lucky.. maybe his body touched parts of wall/cliff first or his bike slowing him down?

Also have had out of body experiences, you can train this when trying to sleep you can get on the border of sleeping and then when you focus you can get out of your body (works best when laying on your back).

Also had a vision once, where I saw jesus coming on clouds while laying in a desert (but bit OT).

Glad you ok and thanks for sharing your experience.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I know exactly what happened, you did actually die, but your consciousness "relocated" to a parallel universe... one in which you survived and everything but the most minor of details is exactly the same.

This happens if you die or try to commit suicide. I wouldn't keep doing it though I heard it's really bad for your consciousness to "relocate"

edit on 19-8-2012 by Chaoss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

edit on 19-8-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Uneedhlp247

I'm not a religious person, I don't go to church, and like a lot of people I have my own beliefs.. But I'll tell you one thing. I know what to expect when I do die. I know what it will be like. You automatically feel that everything will be alright. It's peaceful and calming. There's no pain, there's no sadness, it's undescribeable. I don't want to die but I no longer fear dying. Life really is too short. You can be gone anytime, day or second. Make it count. Live your life to the fullest. This is what I learned.

You were given insight that the physical body is indeed a container for the 'soul', however there is so much more beyond the veils and it is not all peaceful my friend.

You were given a 'second chance' because you still require time for Redemption from a rebellious nature. Angels certainly intervened and carried you that day, though it appears your conscious memory was not allowed to retain such.

Thank you in any case for sharing that account as such things need to be known for spiritual Awakenings as to our true nature as Children in the Image of Light.

edit on 19-8-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
See my Dad recently had a heart attack and actually 'died' when we got him to hospital. His heart stopped for a good twenty seconds and thankfully after several defibs they brought him back.

However when he came round all he kept saying was that it was inky blackness, no one was waiting for him and there is nothing there. He was very distressed and kept saying how scared he was of going there permanantly.

After this it made me think that perhaps there really is nothing after death. Who knows? We are not religous in anyway either.

Interesting to read about other peoples experiences of this.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoss
I know exactly what happened, you did actually die, but your consciousness "relocated" to a parallel universe... one in which you survived and everything but the most minor of details is exactly the same.

This happens if you die or try to commit suicide. I wouldn't keep doing it though I heard it's really bad for your consciousness to "relocate"

edit on 19-8-2012 by Chaoss because: (no reason given)

All controversy aside, thats a very interesting hypothesis you have there, one that bears more consideration.

Kudos to you!
edit on 19-8-2012 by DARREN1976 because: sticky keys, not typing the letters I press half the time....

Ex

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing!
Until something like this occures in your life, it's easy to look with a skeptical eye.
But as you know, my friend, when you have experienced an incident like yours
no one can persuade you otherwise.
You know, just know and you are changed !
Welcome to the club!
There is so much more out there than can even be dreamt of with our mortal minds.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by indy0725
You ran off a cliff on your bike and your friend had no clue?Did he not attempt to look for you?Did he just say forget it he's not coming back and just left?I am doubting some of this story.Especially since you said you had no idea any cell phone numbers but you magically dialed his number.

Wow, you are seriously deluded. You know why you automatically think he is lying? Because you're a liar, most likely. That's usually how it works from what I've experienced. If you would have read what the dude actually wrote, you would know that he was, by that time, extremely far away from his friend, and out of eyesight I'm sure. Maybe his friend thought he got lost. That's smart, because only an idiot would wander out into the desert on foot, or on a street bicycle, but would rather play it safe. I'm sure his friend waited for him until he heard the ambulance, and he probably put two and two together.

As far as dialing the number, a person's subconscious remembers a phone number after seeing it once. Just because most people cannot recall that stored information off-hand does not mean that the guy just "knew" what number to dial. That actually adds credibility to his story in my opinion. Anyway, I'm glad everything turned out okay. I find the subject of NDEs extremely fascinating, as do many others.

If you think about it from a logical perspective, there is obviously something greater than human consciousness after a person dies. How else can so many people report seeing things from above like that, and be able to recall details they never could have seen from their position? People may say that it takes place in a person's brain, through different chemical processes, but if that were the case, it would be impossible to observe from such a position. Plus, if it were inside the brain, it seems more likely that the experience would be like a dream, a jumbled mix of fact and fiction...Not a clear recollection of things that couldn't be seen.

What I've always wondered however is whether people who have actually died and had a NDE still had brain activity...If the brain dies, does the out of body experience still continue? That's one of my main questions. Recently I've had this nagging feeling, and I'm not sure why, that what happens to a person after death is based solely on what that person really believes will happen to them after death. I don't know if that is correct, or even feasible, but I can't shake the thought. This would account for why Christians go to Heaven, etc...Although apparently there have been atheists who have experienced a Christian-type NDE, so maybe I'm wrong...It just seems that the whole concept of hell and punishment doesn't fit with the main idea of Christianity, at least imo.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Nope I'm not a liar and I don't have to tell lies on the internet to get people to "like me".I call it as i see it and i just think there are many holes in this guys story.I could call my wife from any phone and i would know her voice and she would know mine.We wouldn't have to ask who it was.I just doubt that if this guy was such a good friend he'd just leave or when he heard and ambulance he would leave.If it was me and my friend drove off like that then i heard an ambulance I'm pretty sure I'd be trying to figure out what was happening in case it was my friend.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

in response to the OP not having scrapes, bruises. broken bones, etc.. after a 30' drop on to hard rocks... i self-taught myself to walk on hot coals without getting burnt flesh or blisters or anything... i also walk on broken glass without getting punctures ans cuts...

You sincerely believe your two acts of inanity are similar to the OP fate?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

What I've always wondered however is whether people who have actually died and had a NDE still had brain activity...If the brain dies, does the out of body experience still continue?

Yes
link

I recommend this read, very thorough and scientific.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
NDE are nothing more than hallucinations. Life after death is a real phenomenon though if the big bounce theory of the universe is true and we are all made of recycled atoms, so our consiousness will transfer throughout billions of years. Anyone got a problem with this idea?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Uneedhlp247

the field of metaphysics is the field of death and afterlife. the field of spiritual acceptance and understanding the logic behind death. u should spend some time in this section of the forum. since you already had a Death experience.. to know how to replicate it just study the chakra system and kundalini meditation. and practice it. become absolutely still as tho pretending to be dead. stay conscious and you should be able to lift out of your body using thought. trying to levitate basically.,.. but without moving or tensing a single muscle in your body.

let go.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Sounds like an amazing experience op.

all I can say.

s+f

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join