It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Hypocrisy Towards Homosexuality: A Personal Revelation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Then please explain what "truth" you are after. I am all ears.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

I was being General, not Specific.

I am after the prize of Truth, and this requires letting go of emotional biases, cognative biases, and memory biases.

Truth can be attained if one is brave enough to face the inherent fallacies of their own cognitive dissonance....

Like claiming to fight for your children, while simultaneously claiming that you would not stop someone from trying to change their sexual orientation.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

I think that you are referring to "Illuminati", but point taken.

Well I would say both NWO and Illuminati then
No need to expand you got what I meant.

Again... Do rhetorical questions require evidence?

Oh is that what that was?

So the question of it being a NWO agenda was supposed to trigger a light bulb eh?

Well then... it didn't, and if you would be so kind.... I will ask again. Can you show the evidence for me? I was not sharp enough for the rhetorical question to do its work all on its own.

But my question presupposed that sexual orientation is pliable, given some advanced knowledge of human psychology that we are not privy to.....

Predicated on the idea sexual orientation is primarily psychological to begin with.

The overwhelming majority of heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual people say it's not.

So if it were primarily psychological it would stand to reason to be based in the subconscious and therefore since not cognitive it's not a choice.

So sure hypothetically the NWO is on a grand scale infiltrating our society with the means to adjust our children's subconscious to turn them gay.

Let's pretend that's true. Why?
edit on 20-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Truth is often stranger than fiction. Today it's sex ed. Tomorrow it's a Jr option class called "becoming a homo 101" where they practice and learn about their gay rights.
edit on 20-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Oh is that what that was?

Yes.

So the statement of it being a NWO agenda was supposed to trigger a light bulb eh?

Yes.

Well then... it didn't

Not in you, at the very least.

and if you would be so kind.... I will ask again. Can you show the evidence for me?

Again.... Do rhetorical questions require evidence?

I was not sharp enough for the rhetorical question to do its work all on its own.

That's ok... not all of us can be sharp.

Predicated on the idea sexual orientation is primarily psychological to begin with.

The overwhelming majority of both heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual people say it's not.

Are you implying that they cannot be wrong, just because most of them believe this thing to be so?

So if it were primarily psychological it would stand to reason to be based in the subconscious and therefore since not cognitive not a choice.

Unless one was aware of the psychological manipulation of the subconscious... then one could make a choice.

So sure hypothetically the NWO is on a grand scale infiltrating our society with the means to adjust our children's subconscious to turn them gay.

Let's pretend that's true. Why?

Because the post that I responded to presupposed that a "Gay Agenda" was necessarily the agenda of gay people, as opposed to an agenda by non gay people to turn other people gay.

I was expressing the limited nature of this perspective through a rhetorical question as a method of furthering discourse on the subject.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I was being General, not Specific.

I am after the prize of Truth, and this requires letting go of emotional biases, cognative biases, and memory biases.

Truth can be attained if one is brave enough to face the inherent fallacies of their own cognitive dissonance....

Like claiming to fight for your children, while simultaneously claiming that you would not stop someone from trying to change their sexual orientation.

What's the point of arguing for truth for the sake of truth? What prize do you get? A sad and lonely path to pursue. (And believe me I have pursued it).

Truth in and of itself is nothing. But feel free to sleep with it tonight. You can check in with me tomorrow about how it feels.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Truth is often stranger than fiction. Today it's sex ed. Tomorrow it's a Jr option class called "becoming a homo 101" where they practice and learn about their gay rights.
edit on 20-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

I hate to disappoint you but there is no gay agenda. Be more concerned about the Jehovah Witnesses and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints that leave pamphlets in your door. THERE IS NO GAY AGENDA.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

If you avoid questions don't ask questions. It's rude and not conducive to discussion.

Answer my questions and I will gladly answer all of yours. If you don't, and continue to play games, then don't expect a response from me. I give long well thought out responses on ATS all the time. I don't want to waste time.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

What's the point of arguing for truth for the sake of truth? What prize do you get?

The Truth.

A sad and lonely path to pursue. (And believe me I have pursued it).

You no longer pursue the truth?

And you were alone and sad while you pursued it?

I'm sorry..... maybe you should have gone about it in a different way.

Truth in and of itself is nothing.

It is the truth, actually.

But feel free to sleep with it tonight.

So, you are implying that Truth is a substitute for placing your Penis in a Vagina?

Or are you implying that Pursuing truth will keep you from placing your Penis inside a Vagina?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

If you avoid questions don't ask questions. It's rude and not conducive to discussion.

What if it is a NWO agenda to turn people gay?

And like.... the homosexuals aren't even aware of it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Were you going to answer that one? or just continue to look for ways to attack me for even asking it?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just caught up on the last few pages of this thread......lol...some interesting debate from all concerned....I can only add that as a mom of a 21 yr old daughter, I have wittnessed things change drastically in the last 20 years it makes my head spin......I don't know if things are more open and free, or more vulgar and oppressive when it comes to sexuality....and with all sincerity, my rational mind, and my emotional heart struggle with this.....I do think there is an "agenda" to destroy families...and I guess what I would define as morality....the issue of "hormones" in our food and water is not an issue to take lightly.......anyways....God Bless any type of family that loves and protects children.........I think most people would agree that our kids should be chasing butterflies, not having complex sexual issues thrust at them through the media.....

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

HEY fellow ATS people . It happens a lot than can even possibly imagine but there are many so called "straight" people out there but there is nothing straight about them. Even if they are straight married believe me they are not str8 they may or may do things people of the same sex.
What I thought was shocking but not really when I first heard it was that politicians as well as terrorist do drugs but then again not.
ULTIMATELY OUR PLACE here in this LIFE as smyleegrl says is to simply have respect for everyone whether you think you know them or not because you never know who that person actually is or what they me become.
As funny/coincidental, not really, it may sound as you read this but truth is the tremors are real & are being felt by Everybody in so many ways some do not feel them but think of them. The planet is shaking & changing in a way that only one can even imagine!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Were you going to answer that one? or just continue to look for ways to attack me for even asking it?

Oh you felt I avoided questions first? Fair enough. Does this mean if I answer the rhetorical questions you specifically made clear required no answer! then you will finally answer all of mine?? Okay cool........

What if it is a NWO agenda to turn people gay?

If it was really a New World Order agenda to turn people gay I would absolutely be against it.

I have no issue with any sexual orientation. I have no wish to rid the world of heterosexuality. I support equal rights for all orientations and want all of them to continue to exist. I constantly make fun of the ridiculous absurd claims that homosexuality will result in the end of procreation, BUT if the NWO was turning EVERYONE gay then obviously that would become a hypothetical concern. I say hypothetical because with our technology and my faith in humanity I have NO doubt all those gay people wouldn't let it come to that! I can name many other reasons I would oppose it. There is no gay agenda outside of equality dude.

And like.... the homosexuals aren't even aware of it?

What does that even mean?? How would they not be aware but heterosexuals would be? All sexual orientations work within the echelon of social hierarchy.

Anyways I just met your conditions. Which means if you're not playing games you will answer your unanswered questions.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I think most people would agree that our kids should be chasing butterflies, not having complex sexual issues thrust at them through the media.....

I would agree!

But I don't see that was the case in the OP example at all

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Disgusting.

"The Crying Game" for kids.

This is OK for adults, but do you really want your children introduced to this. Young teens maybe - 6yo kids no.

They even have a Gay 2yo on television

edit on 20-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Yes, I agree...the reference in the specific movie she shared was pretty lighthearted, a twist the boy was gay, just odd in a kids movie I think. I have definately made the leap to a more sinister agenda...I have given some examples...the "Family Guy" cartoon for one.....what do you think of this cartoon, have you ever seen it?

Mostly I guess I am in favor of loving, thoughtful, romantic, mind blowing, soul melting sexuality.....lmao...yeah, yeah, I know.....silly.......corny....just think it sucks that sex is a commodity...and it totally bothers me when it's marketed to kids........but hey.....one of my all time favorite shows is "Little House on the Prarie"
Anyways, I'm wierd I guess, intellectually I "get it" but at the core of my being something feels very wrong......

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Nothing is wrong in your core only right, down all around

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
Yes, I agree...the reference in the specific movie she shared was pretty lighthearted, a twist the boy was gay, just odd in a kids movie I think.

I see no reason to think had it been a heterosexual couple it would have been more lighthearted.

It wasn't sexual. It was merely the mentioning of, if the children understood it, sexual orientation. That's implied in practically every kids movie. Little Mermaid? Hell yeah. Heterosexual romantic relationships with implied sexuality!! My God!
:p For real though... how many kids movies don't express some level of heterosexual romantic involvement?? So in all honestly is it the sexual undertones that kids might perceive or the homosexual ones?

I have definately made the leap to a more sinister agenda...

Agenda from who and more importantly for what exactly?

I have given some examples...the "Family Guy" cartoon for one.....what do you think of this cartoon, have you ever seen it?

I love it. I think it's hilarious. I have a flexible sense of humor.

If parents don't want their kids to watch it turn it off/don't let them watch it. Personally I agree with a few of the posters that have said if they understand the adult humor in it then that means they were either ready for it or already knew about it.

That said My Little Ponies Friendship is Magic is a great kids show, switch to that channel

Mostly I guess I am in favor of loving, thoughtful, romantic, mind blowing, soul melting sexuality.....lmao...yeah, yeah, I know.....silly.......corny....

I think that sounds amazingly fantastic and you might of just made me a hopeless romantic again
And also made me feel more lonely

just think it sucks that sex is a commodity...and it totally bothers me when it's marketed to kids

In the OP example it wasn't it seems. In Family Guy sex is in the show...

Not sure where I stand honestly. I am very "liberal", I would have to explore this through discussion.

Anyways, I'm wierd I guess, intellectually I "get it" but at the core of my being something feels very wrong......

Can you sum up your thoughts and feelings concisely what you feel is wrong? I think I get a part of it but not the whole of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mAnnee

Originally posted by chr0naut

As I previously stated, I was, at one stage aggressively pursued by a homosexual, who would not take no for an answer.

I'm a woman. LOL

It really cracks me up when a man is put in this position.

I had to extremely strenuously reject their constant physical advances and threaten them with the law to stop them. I eventually chose to quit my employment to escape from their sexual harassment. This cost me in both personal and financial terms.

Repeat. I'm a woman. LOL

It really cracks me up when a man is put in this position.

The person in question had previously been married with children but had chosen to make a mid-life change.

NO - - he did not choose to make a mid-life change. He chose to accept and recognize his birth right.

Something he would never had to do if self-righteous society - - - hadn't forced him into living a lie.

edit on 19-8-2012 by mAnnee because: DAMN QUOTES!

So, you show your absence of gender bias by laughing at the victim of sexual harassment?

Well you made you point quite clear, didn't you.

edit on 20/8/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Oh geez....let's see if I can explain this at all....cause honestly this world is kicking my ass, in a spirtual way....I do see how we raise our children as the future....and I'm REALLY PISSED that the odds are so stacked against them...not only will they be inslaved to our dept, they have to be exposed to some corrupt attempt to make sexuality cheap and yucky...take away romance and love....I don't know...really this is making me cry......love songs and beer help....♫

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join