It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden messages in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Howdy community...

I haven't posted in a while, and this thread isn't tremendously exciting, but I caught a couple of things as I watch 2012 with John Cusack that I thought I'd share.

Firstly, when the president's daughter's boss is assassinated in his car in a tunnel, the newscaster metions in the background that it was the same tunnel in which Princess Di was killed. Sort of an interesting little addition.

Secondly, when Woody Harrelson's character is allowing John Cusack to watch his video about 2012 that he made on his computer, at the end of the piece he signs off while making the baphomet sign with his hand.

Let me say real quickly that I don't necessarily take these as anything other than just movie making, but I've been blessed/cursed since I've become an ATS member and now I catch things like that all the time. I can't watch a movie the same anymore...ha. Peace all...

Lee

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i,m shaking my head rite now,just thot u wud like to know

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
i,m shaking my head rite now,just thot u wud like to know

I was actually wondering about that. Thanks for telling me...I can sleep now.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Considering the film "2012" is about a conspiracy theory, then it stands to reason that the film makers would chuck in stuff about other conspiracy theories.....I should imagine there are a lot more if you look hard enough.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
Considering the film "2012" is about a conspiracy theory

The whole 2012 Mayan Calendar thing isn't a 'conspiracy theory', it's just a theory. Why do people keep using the word conspiracy with this whole 2012 thing? A 'conspiracy' implies deeds that are carried out by a select group of people while the masses remain none the wiser.

I'm not being rude, I just don't understand why people keep calling this a conspiracy theory when it has nothing to do with any conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Perhaps you need to learn definitions before you try to give an English lesson.

a theory that explains an event as being the result of a plot by a covert group or organization; a belief that a particular unexplained event was caused by such a group.

dictionary.reference.com...
The event would be 2012. The group behind it changes depending on who you ask, many believe it to be aliens.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

That's more or less the definition I posted...

It isn't a conspiracy theory. It's more of a supposed 'prophecy'.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I just proved it is a conspiracy theory. I posted the definition and showed how 2012 fits 100% ... not sure where the signals are crossed. A conspiracy theory requires an event, and a group behind it. 2012 has an event (which will differ depending on who you talk to) and a group behind it (which will also differ). That makes it a conspiracy theory, in fact there are many conspiracy theories dealing with 2012, not just one.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

The whole 2012 Mayan Calendar thing isn't a 'conspiracy theory', it's just a theory.

The conspiracy part comes from people who believe that TPTB know the world is comming to an end and are not telling us.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Xaphan

Perhaps you need to learn definitions before you try to give an English lesson.

a theory that explains an event as being the result of a plot by a covert group or organization; a belief that a particular unexplained event was caused by such a group.

dictionary.reference.com...
The event would be 2012. The group behind it changes depending on who you ask, many believe it to be aliens.

The word 'conspiracy', in its colloquial sense, has taken on a more specific meaning than that which its 'construction', originally suggested.

con ~ together
spirare ~ to breathe

...essentially denoting like-minded, like-goaled, pursuit...

Conspiracy.

Tacking the word 'theory', to the tail end of the colloquial sense, paints the meaning in a somewhat tawdry way...open to ridicule etc...

In essence, working for companies, voting, being nationalistic, etc...are forms of 'conspiracy'...the theory part would then (as in the, colloquially-driven case) relate to the goal of this conspiracy...and would always be open to speculation...

A99

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Bbob, I just want to warn you that your avatar is not showing on my computer, and, possibly, on other computers. You should use JPEG, JPG or PNG formats (Microsoft Paint program does all these).

2012 was written by the big, masonic-owned medias. They just repeated what Dan Brown (a big mason which is favoured by media) said. No big deal, they were expecting you to see it in their movie.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Let me say real quickly that I don't necessarily take these as anything other than just movie making, but I've been blessed/cursed since I've become an ATS member and now I catch things like that all the time.

A blessing is a curse my friend.. this is one of the biggest secrets of all. just my 1Cent.

top topics

join