It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bashar Telepathy DEBUNKED

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Bashar, aka Darryl Anka, threads have been popping up a lot lately by a member here who is convinced he is a channeled ET speaking telepathically through a snake oil sales man. I won't get into detail about what he talks about and the "feel good" emotions he evokes in people because most of you already know about his nonsense. What I want to discuss here is the the supposed telepathy used and how he "Anka" is able to communicate it in English.

First lets get the definition of telepathy.

telepathy n telepathy [təˈlepəθi] the communication of ideas, thoughts etc directly from one person's mind to another person's mind without the use of hearing, sight etc He knew just what I was thinking – it must have been telepathy.

Seeing the being Bashar hails from the fictitious land of OZ 300 years into the future, he has the amazing ability to convey his thoughts to Anka so Anka can relay this information to an audience. In English.

I have now been channeling publicly since that time in 1983 and "Bashar" has spoken on a wide variety of subjects to thousands of people in more than 15 cities throughout the United States, as well as in Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, England, Egypt and Greece.

Ok, so he's been to Japan, Egypt and Greece. It would be remarkable if he could listen to someone in either language and then use Bashar to translate it in English. But he doesn't. Because HE CAN'T.

Not only does he need a Japanese translator for the entire 3 hours, zoom to the end and notice he doesn't even have a Q&A period. The entire seminar is done in a controlled environment. Yet, in the USA, he has Q&A after his talks. STOP!!

Here's an interesting thing I found:

Q: How did you become a channel, and what kind of training did you go through? Please be specific about your training.

A: It seems like the circumstances in my life guided me to learn the skills that I needed to learn to become a channel long before I even knew what channeling was. In 1979 I had a UFO sighting with my family in New Hampshire. Though I had been interested in psychic phenomenon before that experience, the UFO sighting really accelerated my interest in paranormal subjects. I was in college at the time. Shortly after that I was studying hypnosis in college and learned to place myself in an altered state of consciousness, mostly for stress management.

Hypnosis? No wonder after he rambles incoherently for a 20 minute answer and asks, "follow me?" people comply with Yes. What a bunch of bull. When confronted with this type of neural linguistic programming in open dialog with an audience, people become complacent for fear of feeling stupid. I'm not stupid and i've had to listen to an answer two, three or even four times.

Anyway, here is part of my proof he is a hoaxer. I know using the words DEBUNKED is a faux pas here at ATS but wouldn't you agree? Telepathy needs no Japanese translator.

What say you?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Daryl Anka; aka Bashar is indeed a fraud.

Thank you for putting it in a thread it's own.

S&F

The Bashar threads are ridiculous, as well as thinly veiled recruitment drives.

Daryl Anka likes to claim that the below is the case, but, as much as he wants to be an alien sock puppet, the probability is pretty thin to none.

edit on 18-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Telepathy being debunked should be automatic... it's never been proved.. nothing supports it... it should be considered false until absolutely proven .. but that's now how things work is it?
we want to believe.. so rationality is out the window.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Daryl Anka; aka Bashar is indeed a fraud.

Thank you for putting it in a thread.

S&F

Yes =)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I hadn't heard of him before your thread... I usually skip over these because in all my life, I've yet to meet one like him who was anything more than self-delusional. In his case... err... The first thing I saw in running his name for more information was telling..

Darryl Anka started his Hollywood career as a visual and special effects artist who has worked on, among many others, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, I Robot, Pirates of the Caribbean, Live Free or Die Hard and Iron Man. Wikipedia
(Google Results, first page bio summary)

Now a man who spends his life in a world of make believe and fantasy can be psychic/channeling too..I wouldn't suggest otherwise..but let's just say that makes for a strike 1, even if a little faded and with an asterix. lol...

I love your point about the need for a translator. Oh..the devil is in the details isn't it? It always seems to be with the TV/High profile psychics.

I'm going to say the one thing I always say with hoaxy psychic claims like his strike me as... (Channeling ET? ..) ANYWAY.. His 'contact' is 300 years into the future, as I read it? Okay.. Good.. Then Bashar should know or have enough access to the trivia and 'pocket litter' of the future to fill libraries, right?

Then let's hear 'ol Bashar give one prediction of solid factual happening in our very near future. Not the lottery numbers or something stupid... The real world of all this has some 'rules' per say that I know in relation to my own Faith..A real one couldn't ask for that, let alone him. lol..... No, lets do what no one ever does. Ask for a BASIC thing.

Pick a flight next week that will be late.....tell us how late it's going to be and which airport? Stats accessible 300 years from now should have trivial garbage like that, yes? Or..lets make it more fitting for an ET who wouldn't care about Earthling airport schedules. Lets make it something man can't even change by accident.

When is the next M/X borderline flare and corresponding CME. What day and what specific strength rating?

If he can answer even ONE of those routine 'daily life' type issues, in advance and with 100% accuracy. Just one. Then I will take everything else he or anyone like him has to say very seriously.... Just one.

(By the sound of your OP, you sound like you agree... lol)
edit on 18-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Another interesting tid bit it this. Wait for it....

Paul Anka is his brother!

As for the predicting the future. I have been listening to his seminars only to collect facts to refute. He claims that we are all in our own universe while sharing common agreements with this one, and are changing outcomes Quote:" A billion times a second" We can not predict the future because the future hasn't happened yet. But we can pick winning lottery numbers by believing the number we pick is the correct one.

So in our reality, or another reality, you have already won. You just need to slip into that reality. So according to his logic, all the people who died in the Tsunami in Japan is experienced by only YOU in YOUR reality. So whatever happens is because your negativity made it happen. Jesus H Christ!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Another point regarding telepathy;

I don't see Daryl Anka; aka Bashar asking audience members to write down their questions, and then THINK their questions at him, regardless the language, where after the question is 'answered', the questioner can show his question already written for everyone to confirm the astounding feat of telepathy that occurs every time with 100% accuracy.

In the sort term, as a gimmick, mentalists can do this trick fairly well with easy marks, or pull it off by using staged audience plants, but, over the long term, such an act couldn't be maintained without making up excuses all the time about not getting a good 'signal', or some such.

Why do people need ASK their questions?
Get it directly from their brains!
No?
Oh, I though some psychic telepathy thing was suppose to be going on?

uh-huh.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

What I find even more amazing is after scouring hours of clips, websites, google searches, I can't find ANYONE who has anything bad to say other than a few YT comments. Most perplexing
Not even Michael Shermer.

Quite a strange hypnotic phenomenon happening here. 29 years of talking crap and no one has come out to challenge him?

I will. Call it OCD or whatever, but I will challenge this guy to no end.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

1. No one really important has been ripped off.
2. Unlike Billy Meier, Steven Greer, and other charlatans, his gimmick never claims any physical visible proof for anyone to witness.
3. He's a 'channeler', which, from what I understand on the food chain of con-men is pretty low since everyone essentially knows it's an act.
4. His messages are for the most part benign, and can just as easily get got in the bargain bin at any half-price used books store philosophy/metaphysics section right next to old copies of Ron Hubbard's Dianetics, if not already contained in it.

It's recycled new age slop with a face on it.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Bashar, aka Darryl Anka, threads have been popping up a lot lately by a member here who is convinced he is a channeled ET speaking telepathically through a snake oil sales man. I won't get into detail about what he talks about and the "feel good" emotions he evokes in people because most of you already know about his nonsense. What I want to discuss here is the the supposed telepathy used and how he "Anka" is able to communicate it in English.

First lets get the definition of telepathy.

telepathy n telepathy [təˈlepəθi] the communication of ideas, thoughts etc directly from one person's mind to another person's mind without the use of hearing, sight etc He knew just what I was thinking – it must have been telepathy.

Seeing the being Bashar hails from the fictitious land of OZ 300 years into the future, he has the amazing ability to convey his thoughts to Anka so Anka can relay this information to an audience. In English.

I have now been channeling publicly since that time in 1983 and "Bashar" has spoken on a wide variety of subjects to thousands of people in more than 15 cities throughout the United States, as well as in Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, England, Egypt and Greece.

Ok, so he's been to Japan, Egypt and Greece. It would be remarkable if he could listen to someone in either language and then use Bashar to translate it in English. But he doesn't. Because HE CAN'T.

Not only does he need a Japanese translator for the entire 3 hours, zoom to the end and notice he doesn't even have a Q&A period. The entire seminar is done in a controlled environment. Yet, in the USA, he has Q&A after his talks. STOP!!

Here's an interesting thing I found:

Q: How did you become a channel, and what kind of training did you go through? Please be specific about your training.

A: It seems like the circumstances in my life guided me to learn the skills that I needed to learn to become a channel long before I even knew what channeling was. In 1979 I had a UFO sighting with my family in New Hampshire. Though I had been interested in psychic phenomenon before that experience, the UFO sighting really accelerated my interest in paranormal subjects. I was in college at the time. Shortly after that I was studying hypnosis in college and learned to place myself in an altered state of consciousness, mostly for stress management.

Hypnosis? No wonder after he rambles incoherently for a 20 minute answer and asks, "follow me?" people comply with Yes. What a bunch of bull. When confronted with this type of neural linguistic programming in open dialog with an audience, people become complacent for fear of feeling stupid. I'm not stupid and i've had to listen to an answer two, three or even four times.

Anyway, here is part of my proof he is a hoaxer. I know using the words DEBUNKED is a faux pas here at ATS but wouldn't you agree? Telepathy needs no Japanese translator.

What say you?

Hmmm I always thought of telepathy as speech directly into the mind, but never considered that telepathy would null and void languages. I'm not sure that it would. However spirit communication (channeling) would as in that state the speaker receives no words per se but rather bypasses the own mind control center and just become the instrument (hearing and voice) of the spirit trying to communicate, If the spirit speaks ancient aramaic then the channel would also do so and would understand and respond in ancient aramaic. Just my thought. ''

much love

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Valid points. But nonetheless, he's rich because of it while the rest of us are still scratching out a living to make ends meet. Like i've said before. I don't care if he has a valuable message of his own for people to flock to. It's his integrity that pisses me off because he speaks of positive change while stealing people's money. Quite the oxymoron. He must be stopped.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

It would indeed void language. Language is irrelevant at this point. It's not Darryl anymore sitting on stage with his hands in a weird position, it's supposed to be Bashar. Bashar would not need Darryl's speech centers to understand the questions. Just his vocal chords to answer.

One could argue that Bashar needs Anka's Broca area to understand speech and formulate words based on Anka's memory of English. But one could also argue Bashar could easily communicate simple words in his alien language to Anka seeing everything he says is not his own words anyway.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

So as I understand what he's saying and what your saying you've gotten by trying to understand it.....we're basically our own Gods by virtue of the fact we can shape and alter our own reality. This can or does or must (unclear on that detail) happen Independent of what you change and see and experience in your own version of reality apart from mine.

I'm a little fuzzy on how the lottery example works under his system.... So... Basically, the Lottery will win and already has one because we've willed it....but it's happened in a timeline or reality bubble of it's own...which we made, but we must cross into so we benefit from the reality we made happen?

Umm... Does he hand out Vicodin at the door of his seminars? Maybe something stronger ...like a Migraine prep. I get this funny feeling I'd be needing some by about 1/4 of the way into it.

Am I the only one who is more than a little confused here? S/F for the catch tho.... I mean the guy is amusing, just not in any way he intended, I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You're barking up the wrong tree. This is channeling, and its somewhat different than telepathy normally is. Though channelers say you're EGO is still present, and you are still in control, from my understanding of channeling, something takes over, and somewhere I read that the person was sent to a tree, it was like being sent to a tree, or shoved into a tiny spot in your body, while something else took over. Which to me is very dangerous and no one should do it.

But to talk about the language. Some people have accidents and wake up speakng different languages, and some do in regressions. But from what I understand, most of these guys, if they are really channeling at all, are still Ego engaged, and by the answers given on some categories that seem to be mystery school belief and law of affinity, and when he answered about conspiracies or state the type of governments we really want, for example, that to me showed conscious overlay or EGO.

But other stuff who knows. They're fairly interesting videos, so he doesn't seem to be harming anyone.

But telepathy doesnt quite work the way you think it would.

If he is channeling, ie. as telepathy, he is therefore, speaking in his own language, which appears to be English, and that is how contact happens. They don't retrain you in other langauges. They don't download a whole other language base in your brain.

And not everyone has a bump on the head and wakes up speaking a foreign language, or does so in regression, even if sharing a past life in a foreign land.

I can't base him being a fraud on the use of English. It simply doesnt work that way. Language and brain programming is complex. And even if he was in connection with an ET, it depends on how much rearranging of internal furniture they're going to do.

And you say Bashar Telepathy.

I say this is supposed to be channeling, which would imply an entity or being was operating through you MORE THAN YOUR OWN SELF.

I don't call channeling telepathy, and sense his ego is engaged.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I know you're saying that, its as if he is sent to the tree, or squished into a small part of himself like two others described to me. I don't believe for one minute this is what is going on. I don't believe He or THey have total control of his brain or body.

Channeling Explained! Kryon, Bashar and You

Here they are very specific in assuring you you don't lose control, your Ego is still in charge. Which of course opens the door for: what is really going on, is it channeling or are they just reaching more into their own intuition. Ie. achieving a flow of themselves and inner beliefs.
edit on 18-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'd like to see Derren Brown challenge this guy. If anyone can expose him thoroughly, Derren can.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Im gonna put a word in of support here for the "member" that the OP is referring to. Im not saying i believe or dont believe the Bashar stuff, but it takes a lot to stand up for something you believe in especially when it has "touched your soul",so to speak, even when it seems bizarre to others. And said member strongly does believe. However, its good to see a thought provoking reason as to why the channeller may be a fraud, rather than the usual "bashar is a load of cr*p" posts.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
By the way, don't you notice that some of them only give some of the same popular info, repackaged over and over?

Dawn of an Abundant Civilization - Arvantis

This guy is channeling a feline, who said he met Bashar in another video.

BASHAR MEETS WITH ARVANTIS!

Avantis is not even what I call new age, for its is homoginzed new age info.

I believe Avantis is trying to credential his own reputation on Bashar, because Bashar is very well done, whether real or not, and you could pay money to go to a life coach......

edit on 18-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I don't fault kauskau for his support of Bashar. Because nobody really knows in some of these things, just what is going on. But though I argue with some of the message in the videos, find alot that is good.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Telepathy is not null and void. It can be a download of info, left to your consciousness to sort out, or it can be distinct words, which is often what is done.

But you are in a converstation, mainly as listener, and EGO is fully engaged, though sometimes you're feeling drugged and only catching glimpses of these encounters in dream or night time, sometimes its day time.

Its the idea of ego gone and something else taking over that is supposed to be channeling. But if you watch the video on channeling, they say thats not entirely true, that you still are in control.

I just think channeling is dangerous.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join