It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new model of music - free, come listen =)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've written a lot of music over the years, you can hear most of it at music.oneduality.com...

I encourage you not to buy my music because I'm going to be releasing it all free in the next coming weeks... but you can listen to it free there anyway..

The point is I have been doing this for a long time now .. it kind of stresses me out, the whole process of writing, producing, releasing and hoping... marketing.. not only that, but trying to come up with a theme for an album.. and sticking to that theme so the whole project is cohesive... I did it for so long and that really I think held me back.

Lately I've just been writing whatever my mood feels like at the time, and I think I've been enjoying it far more.. but not only that.. I've been just releasing those individual creations freely on soundcloud ... the stress is gone, it's more fun to create.. there's no pressure.. sure, I'm not making a dime.. but I don't really care..

So with that said... I introduce ATS to my soundcloud account... I'll be making all of these songs downloadable, the newest already are... and I will be, in time, releasing all of my past work here as freely downloadable as well.. the only kind of money I will accept from now on would possibly be int he form of donation, and even that right now is simply not an option...

Pay me by comment... let me know what you think.. not just of what is on soundcloud, but everything.. =) thank you for your time.

Soundcloud: soundcloud.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Nice work! I really dug "Forever Falling"!!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Nice work! I really dug "Forever Falling"!!

Thank you .. that was a collaboration with a local band called Ithika ..Quintin did the lyrics and guitar work on that one =) I LOVE collaborations... I play guitar but piano/drums/synth is more my thing...
edit on 8/18/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I also want to add that the song you see called "Paul" was a dedication to a young boy who killed himself in my town due to bullying .. I never published it, but it's there and it has no description at all ...

I knew him and his mother very well ...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

sounds sad. here is something sad, maybe it inspires you.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Very good stuff! I'm really impressed. I wish I knew how to do that.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I know the song... not exactly my style =) but I have been inspired by some of their work.. my primary inspirations are bands like Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, and by osmosis - how to destroy angels, VNV Nation and in some aspects .. AFI

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Very good stuff! I'm really impressed. I wish I knew how to do that.

Take piano lessons, and perhaps drum lessons... with that and some basic understanding of music theory .. or even just a love for music in general, you can make some amazing things..

I generate 90% of my sound with a midi keyboard alone, the rest is a sampler, drumkit and a couple of guitars.. I was never educated on guitar so that is minimal in my music =)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"Diseased" which is the most recent track.. is a super simple track.. it consists of only 4 layers of sound... a basic kick, a drone/synth effect, a super simple guitar track, and a vocal track of processed breaths...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

cool, i love depeche mode. what is your favorite song of depeche mode ?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

cool, i love depeche mode. what is your favorite song of depeche mode ?

My favorite song isn't exactly depeche mode, but a david gahan single called Kingdom.. I fell in love with it, and I absolutely love the video .. I also left out of my original post that I'm a huge fan of Peter Gabriel.. he inspires some of my odder creations...

As for David, for those who don't know ...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

peter gabriel, very good musician.
digging in the dirt, i like most.
here is one of my favorites of depeche mode.

and now to something completely different

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Digging in the dirt is great =) I never heard of Johnny.. but I really like the sound..

Another inspiration for being odd, as far as I'm concerned, is a brilliant guy named Mike Patton.. formerly of Faith No More.. this video might be offensive to some, but I LOVE Mike's work .. he's a creative genius ... this is Mike with one of his many bands .. Tomahawk

top topics

join