It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A firing squad in uniforms:' Family's anger as video shows police shooting knife wielding homeless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

A firing squad in uniforms:' Family's anger as video shows police shooting knife wielding homeless man 46 times

www.dailymail.co.uk

A police investigation into alleged police brutality is underway in Michigan after six officers shot a homeless man 46 times after he failed to follow their instructions in a parking lot.
Amateur video captures the fatal exchange between Saginaw police and 49-year-old Milton Hall after he called the police following an argument with a convenience store clerk.
Refusing to drop a knife after repeated requests, the video shows officers unleash a volley of bullets at the agitated Hall in a move his
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just wow its not enough that they shot him once or twice but 46 times i can understand that they might have been nervous about the knife but they could have used a taser or him or incapacitated him in some way but they shot him in cold blood Don't cops train for situations like this? and even if they were scared of him shooting him 46 times why would you do something like that ?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What is all the brutality and violence for ?

Were those police men playing violent games ?

Where do the brutality come from ?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
What is all the brutality and violence for ?

Were those police men playing violent games ?

Where do the brutality come from ?

Once you create an us vs them mentality brutality is sure to follow.

Stanford prison experiment

Twenty-four male students out of 75 were selected to take on randomly assigned roles of prisoners and guards in a mock prison situated in the basement of the Stanford psychology building. The participants adapted to their roles well beyond Zimbardo's expectations, as the guards enforced authoritarian measures and ultimately subjected some of the prisoners to psychological torture.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Once you create an us vs them mentality brutality is sure to follow.

Stanford prison experiment

Great point Benryl!!!! As disturbing as that video was when I watched it, I soon forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me!! If anyone else hasn't seen or read about I would highly recommend checking it out.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I remember seeing a story about that Stanford prison experiment on Dateline or something. It was very interesting and quite telling about how anyone, when put into a position of power over another human being, can become so brutal.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Its 17 minutes so here is a breakdown of each section and its time index.
00:47 - IDFIT - Inter Agency Deadly Force Investigation Team
02:14 - Myth #1 Time is on the side of the good guys right? They are prepared for this kind of thing right?
03:43 - Myth #2 Why didn't the Police talk to aggressor down?
05:14 - Myth #3 It was just a knife and the officer had a gun. Why didnt the officer just disarm the subject?
06:19 - Myth #4 Why weren't less lethal tools used?
07:13 - Myth #5 Why not shoot the knife / gun out of their hand? Why not shoot to wound the subject?
08:45 - Myth #6 Why were they shot in the back? Why were they shot so many times?
09:52 - Myth #7 A video of an event will tell the whole story.
11:30 - What happens after an officer involved shooting?
edit on 18-8-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join