It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you waiting for SHTF?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3Dplus
I think the S is hitting the F as we speak...How much worse do things have to get before people realise this? Are you happy bringing your child up in this day and age? We've decided not to have children until we feel some sort of balance is restored to everyday life. Harsh, and sad, but the best sort of prep we can do is to keep our clan small and compact.

Soooo friggin true eh???

It is like the frog in warm water, and it is at the boiling point.....

There is more crap going down HOURLY right now that went down YEARLY in like the 80's or whatever....

You are smart to not have kids. I have an 8 year old and don't want more..... I, love him more than life, but wish he could grow up in a better world.

I was 32 when I had him and it wasn't planned, or I would still be childless.

Thankful for him every day, yet sad he cant know quite yet how good life can really be.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Me ? I don't plan....my whole life is one big compulsive gamble...if fact if it wasn't for that I would have never picked up how to B&E....GTA....how to do this and that with meager supplies to produce a loud result.....

Aren't criminals fun at parties?

I want everything to come undone.......no more rich people, no more poor people...everyone starts over. If that means people have to die to learn that lesson that is raw humanity.....so be it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
Me ? I don't plan....my whole life is one big compulsive gamble...if fact if it wasn't for that I would have never picked up how to B&E....GTA....how to do this and that with meager supplies to produce a loud result.....

Aren't criminals fun at parties?

I want everything to come undone.......no more rich people, no more poor people...everyone starts over. If that means people have to die to learn that lesson that is raw humanity.....so be it.

While b&E's etc are NOT cool at ALL mister, I do like a go-with-the-flow attitude, and yeah, things need to balance out for sure....

It is an embarrasment to humanity that we have the knowlege and technology to feed and prosper the whole planet, yet don't...

TPTB are a disgrace, and should be ashamed of themselves.... what an embarassment.... yeah, we have the money, power, and technology, yet they fail to use it.....

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My spouse has 2 boys from prev relationship (age 10 and 8), and we're teaching them survival skills, encourage them to spend time in nature by themselves to teach THEM SELVES instead of relying on a grown up. We may not always be around and want them to survive whatever situation.
B&E will probably be a good skill to have in the future, to get to supplies locked up and abandoned. May have to look into that

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

TPTB are a disgrace, and should be ashamed of themselves.... what an embarassment.... yeah, we have the money, power, and technology, yet they fail to use it.....

I reckon it is money, power and technology that got us in this mess in the first place. Wait, no. technology maybe not, that's part of human nature and the need to progress. Money and power was the recipe for this disaster. Hopefully after the S is done hitting the F we can carry on with the technology where we left of, without the added nusance of money (just pieces of paper really) and power.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 3Dplus

So true, we don't need money, we need everyone to have their own god given rights taken care of.

Their own land, and seeds to grow and skills to hunt and fish and take what they need from mother earth and give back.

The rest should all be co-operative labors of love to move us ahead.

No more of this dog eat dog baloney!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ah, Melissa, Utopia may still be possible, if not for us, then for the next generation. Like that famous quote by Einstein about WW4 being fought with sticks and stones. Kinda positive in a funny way, as it shows that we may go back to Nature, who has the real power

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I've already started preparing.

Heres a few of my tips:
- Learn the wild foods in your region.
- Learn basic shelter building and survival skills.
- Learn the ways of the natives here before us.

And remember this.

S - Size up the situation, your surroundings, your physical condition, and your equipment.
U - Undue haste makes waste.
R - Remember where you are.
V - Vanquish fear and panic.
I - Improvise.
V - Value living.
A - Act like the natives.
L - Live by your wits, but for now, learn basic skills.
(US Army Survival Manual)

www.livingafield.com

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TitanBCE

Very nice, SOOOOO true, stay calm, just go with the flow and don't panic.... panicking people hold everyone back with their insecurities and indecisiveness etc...

Keeping a cool head allows everything to work itself out.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Why not use the resources we have now as long as we can? Enjoy every shower, enjoy every easily gotten meal, but keep prepping and keep having the mindset that it is only temporary.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iron7
Why not use the resources we have now as long as we can? Enjoy every shower, enjoy every easily gotten meal, but keep prepping and keep having the mindset that it is only temporary.

Yes, exactly, prep and practice once and a while, and know the "survival" situation X won't be forever, it will just be a re-building and re-grouping.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

In my opinion, using the resources we have now is abusing our Earth...Abuse what we have now, and live with the consequences? Nah, I don't like that plan. The more people try to fit nature into modern lifestyle instead of having humans follow nature, the more things will go wrong. Prepping, imo means getting back to the way mother nature intended us to live...off the land, not off hot showers and maccy D's.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iron7

Enjoy those things, yes, but if shtf there won't be any more showers. There will be using a pond, lake, or river to clean. And there won't be any opening the refigerator and throwing in a TV dinner. Might as well start getting use to these facts so the loss of these basic comforts is easier to cope with.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3Dplus

In my opinion, using the resources we have now is abusing our Earth...Abuse what we have now, and live with the consequences? Nah, I don't like that plan. The more people try to fit nature into modern lifestyle instead of having humans follow nature, the more things will go wrong. Prepping, imo means getting back to the way mother nature intended us to live...off the land, not off hot showers and maccy D's.

Originally posted by TitanBCE
reply to post by Iron7

Enjoy those things, yes, but if shtf there won't be any more showers. There will be using a pond, lake, or river to clean. And there won't be any opening the refigerator and throwing in a TV dinner. Might as well start getting use to these facts so the loss of these basic comforts is easier to cope with.

Abso-friggin-lutly! *star*

People in my area are already doing that on a large scale....I kind of live in hippy land a bit that way.

We almost ALL compost, recycle, grow our own food as much as possible, and most people are way more off the grid than me! etc.

I have my compost toilet, and did you know you can even make compost showers etc??

That was kind of the point of my thread in the beginning I guess... get out of the beast and off the grid as much as humanly possible ANYWAYS< even if SHTF never even happens!

The best prep is a lifestyle that is already as self sustainable as possible.
edit on 1-9-2012 by mellisamouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
We're on the same page...a group of friends who have a plan, and even if nothing happens, we're out the ratrace anyway. Like a previous poster said, it's the hair straightening and blowdrying and electric shave kinda people who will struggle.
So here's a tip to start ur prep. Calculate your monthly electricity usage and try to use less in the following month. So many times we don't need leccy, but we use it cause it's there. It's habitual. Have a bath by candlelight one night a week, shower the rest, have a (very macho) 5 o clock shadow for three days instead of electric shave every morning and don't overfill the kettle everytime you boil it.
use a rain butt for watering the garden...(this one's got nothing to do with leccy, but it's a good tip)
Small steps for beginner preppies

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join