It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're about to become very very rich...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I meant to write
the future - the weight of existence is carried by that word , (concept)
not , that world (typo) . Someone smarter than me can decide whether it should be changed , or both left.
Its not me who this really matters to

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Short of anyone taking a quantum leap , there is something I still beleive remains to be seen or commonly recognised among people and to fair being truth , I am in rambling mode. On a discussion website, so thats ok .

And I will help deliver that remain to be seen - its the future .I think mutual deliveries of that fact will take place , because I have realised that what the future is, is equal to all of existence .

Because existence has to remain, the future has to remain . The future in effect becomes existence. The ways these two (transcendent over-archers of everything/the universe) interconnect is in every way possible or even imaginable . They are one and the same thing .

So what man has wished for is to divine the future - to know for certain what a result might be has been his gain, from the sun rising, at the predicted time, to everything Einstein relied on to make nuclear physics knowledge 'work' .

The future is so important that leaving any previous ideas of what should happen in life behind immediately is of maximal importance . What should have happened is even more of a 'leave behind' .
What _will happen though - if people work on that principle , such as is suggested here , is for existence to combine with the future, through us .

We have then ability to correct futures - to gain without loss , to take without the problem of need .
Does ethics say we should not have that ? Any religion or politician ? Let them be damned .

You reap what you sow - something that cant be changed either - there is no other object than the future
edit on 19-8-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

That's because we have been programed that debt is good by the banking industry and the news media. For a while before the crash it was general practice to take out a credit card to build your credit history to get a lower loan rate on another loan. I built a house for a friend of mine who worked on the boats. He was making a hundred grand a year. He had paid for his trucks, snowmobiles, boats, etc in cash. He had plenty of savings to build the house but wanted to keep it in the market and banks. He had a hard time getting a loan, he never had a credit card. He wound up paying an extra percent and a half over what I would have to pay.

This programing of our society was what caused the destruction of our Economy. Getting people used to debt caused our disregard or ignorance of the national debt. This happened everywhere here in the USA. Our Economy was destroyed four years ago but we just don't realize it yet. Some people high up in our government know our Economy was destroyed by our ignorance of our ancestors knowledge but are still trying to deceive us into thinking it is real. Hopefully this unfolds slow instead of a fast crash. The biggest problem is that this is a worldwide event.....Sounds scarey to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Circles.... I like Circles

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
sustainability definitionsreply to post by rickymouse

Economics within society started with communal mills , more likely than barter systems .
Our economic needs are so easily fulfilled , with adherance to imperatives - the abundance and power of reproduction process (natural wealth /f1 seed monsanto) - would have negated need for barter and or potential loss - before life started getting complicated. In a communal fashion, people would have seen out the winter by sharing unless in times of dire circumstance, in which case they would have used their collected knowledge ie alternative food sources , first .
Dire circumstance is a negation we seek to negate - its the absence of this , society must make the decision to go towards. Moral choices and realisation of wealth through these , to my estimations, offer more than just individual or economic wealth - by unrealised wealth can be derived from 'milking' the future .
edit on 19-8-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DogMeat

Then lets straighten it out - _unrealised wealth exists when there is absence of the negation of that wealth .

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by ZIPMATT

That's because we have been programed that debt is good by the banking industry and the news media. For a while before the crash it was general practice to take out a credit card to build your credit history to get a lower loan rate on another loan. I built a house for a friend of mine who worked on the boats. He was making a hundred grand a year. He had paid for his trucks, snowmobiles, boats, etc in cash. He had plenty of savings to build the house but wanted to keep it in the market and banks. He had a hard time getting a loan, he never had a credit card. He wound up paying an extra percent and a half over what I would have to pay.

This programing of our society was what caused the destruction of our Economy. Getting people used to debt caused our disregard or ignorance of the national debt. This happened everywhere here in the USA. Our Economy was destroyed four years ago but we just don't realize it yet. Some people high up in our government know our Economy was destroyed by our ignorance of our ancestors knowledge but are still trying to deceive us into thinking it is real. Hopefully this unfolds slow instead of a fast crash. The biggest problem is that this is a worldwide event.....Sounds scarey to me.

they tell you to build credit you have to go into dept, the car dealers hate people with good credit. they live on a points system, it doesnt matter if you have the money, thats the all American way ive been told...

my points in there world is bad, because i use cash
they wanted to help me get on track with my credit, evan thow i had bad credit,lol
there was people getting loans for a house while liveing on wellfare ..
its not right..
my Banker knows me buy my bank book thats the only credit he needs..he would love to shake my hand while holding everythang i have in his other,lol
GOD Bless America

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
LOL

I just thought of something. and im going to try and explain it in NON-academic words. So that everyone can try and understand it.

I've Heard people say that Religion was created by the Rich and Wealthy so that we dont kill them and accept them as our "LEADERS".
So now those people who do not believe in Religion anymore are being given new age philosophies about how they will never be happy until they accept that they are poor. "You dont have to win the lottery or have a mansion to be happy, just accept what you have" ect ect.

NOW i understand the philosophy, I do. I understand this and its true and it makes sense.

But the fact of the matter is that we share a world with others that do not think like this or think even more to this.

The fact of the matter is that the Rich and Powerful REMAIN RICH AND POWERFUL.
THEY REMAIN IN CONTROL OF OUR LIVES. What we eat, what we do, what we can and cant do. These Governments and Powerful Wealthy people, or whatever they are, REMAIN on trying to control our lives without giving us a fair-share.........THey keep trying to convince us: "This is good for you" "Its better if we do it this way that way" "Let us handle your money, family, society". Or they simply just dont ask us anymore and they just do what they think is better for us or what is better for them. The people we live with in this world are not FAIR.

So here we are believing more and more crap, accepting more and more crap when we already know what the real problem is. When will we stop letting ourselves be fooled and controlled by these AbomiNations

The Day we start realizing whats right and whats wrong as Human Beings that we are thats the day we can truly inflict our wealth through us and amongst others.
Dont get me wrong I understand that their are people who treat others with respect, honesty and more importantly are FAIR with their fellow Human Being. But their are those who try to destroy these honorable people and they have the power to do so. And they do it! but what do we do as People when we see this kind of injustice happen? we react to it! we have done Revolutions, WAR, Protest but those who create injustice always RETURN. So we repeat the process of War and Protest but they keep coming back.

Why? because we let them, we let it grow itself little by little. Just like those weeds that suck the life out of fruit bearing trees, we let those weeds grow. We got to pull the root of that "evil" weed out. and as soon as we see it growing again from under the dirt we have to dig under that dirt find its root and kill it before it sucks the life out of our beautiful Tree.

edit on 19-8-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
For some reason I believe your title with respect to my own life is not entirely accurate.

I do agree though, that the consideration of values or the way we value the time, effort, and overall importance of each person, their work, their services, the products they help make, income distribution therein....

It seems like we need a massive audit to our entire paradigm, unless the people enjoy a society built upon a clear foundation of nobility and peasantry.

I believe we're smarter than that now. We're being tested to see if we care enough, and if we are capable of letting go of these insane forms of greed. The obvious push back is the fear of changing major systems or structures that assert divisions of the systems, It is the most pathetic cop out I can fathom, and especially when people start getting hostile towards a person simply glazing over glaring systemic flaws that need to be fixed sooner or later. Lest we ever fix something.

I'll tell you this: the Universe itself relies upon recognizable laws that govern things to allow stability, as well as progress and growth. Our society is governed by systems too, but our society is vastly complex. If the basic needs of many are sacrificed for a few assholes being loaded with green paper, paper that they don't use in all of the most moral ways, then what are we doing, other than pissing our civilization away at the alter of needlessness and "mine, mine, mine"?

DERP.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I think he is saying that wealth is much more than money and material things.

Actually wealth is viewed as whatever you don't have, and not so much as what you have.

If you have good health it is only viewed as wealth to those with bad health. A person without a job views one with a job as wealth, a person who makes 25k a year views a person with 100k a year job as wealthy, who in turn views a millionaire as wealthy and also in turn views a billionaire as wealthy, BUT the old sickly billionaire views the young healthy guy without a job as having more wealth than anyone else...

And lastly....I know you will ask...

The person who has everything, youth, looks, health, brains and all the money they would ever need normally kill themselves early in life for now they having nothing to gain in life but everything to lose...most humans cannot take that kind of pressure...lol

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm not wealthy but I am rich. My name doesn't exactly fit me.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So that makes all of us wealthy !

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
ummmm...what?

The OP is saying in a sesquipedalian manner is that our society places a value on material and spiritual wealth without regard to how the wealth has been procured. In a simpler form one would ask is a mafia hit man who is awash in money for his crimes truly wealthy if he sleeps restlessly every night out of fear for his life and cannot find true love due to lack of empathy caused by all of the blood on his hands?..

Blood diamonds are pretty, but they are still blood diamonds..
edit on 8/19/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
All good and relevant points made - as generalised return comment , its difficult to come up with an answer .
The way things stand as i see them, and economists of all kinds are seeing , we are coming to the end of what is feasible in this 'round' of who takes up power and control . This is for good reasons such as the proposition that wealth is not wealth unless it is realised - be that by realising wealth as gold -seen as flawed in that gold prices fluctuate , or realising it as silver - seen as flawed in that it is not gold (but required for certain industry) or diamonds - seen as flawed becasue they cant be used for anything except as tools (hence back to money -flawed by exchange rates, inflation, investment protocols) or realised as land (flawed because it requires tenants and the maintenance of land and tenancy, and can be legally stripped as an asset/0.

So the problem the corporate conglomerate (the billionaire controllers) have got - is the same problem we are working on .
Surely they (the banks) cant think that bailing themselves out by helping themselves to the public purse will get them off the hook . They cannot imagine , or they didnt for long, that offering mortgages to people on welfare handouts was ever going to work as a strategy to longevify their rule . Its off the scale to imagine that taking , literally taking from people who hold their funds with them was ever going to help them, or anybody, survive .
All they are left with imo is agenda 21 . Using that the states via the UN would control resources and the production systems . But go back to where we id'd that the future determines existence , nature writes the laws if you like . Going from free market to extreme statism - is a joke . Never going to work out in a million years .

They know it, and we know it . So what are we left with ? I propose it up to us - our lot - to rewrite the paradigm , in coming weeks months and years . To take forward this world at the point where others must naturally leave off.
We start with land in my view of things - and the fact that everything we deal with , everything, is originally from a farm or a mine . Everything is an organic or an inorganic resource - the sustainabilty and best -use of these resources, should be our first thing we address. We know what to do as well.
And again , we take the fundamental and most basic observations and make them have their place - wealth is the product of human labour alone (Marx) , real value of goods can only be formally assessed in ratings of man-hours put into production of goods (Potts) , for examples .
As we know - we make society fair - and where we distribute wealth is towards the future (via storage) , and direct to our children , as per agreed moral imperatives.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

I'm not going to become very very rich. Not if this is what I have to work with.

I'm not a stupid person, but there was absolutely nothing here that I found to be at all accessible. This must be what it's like for some folks when they read my crap. I think we both need a course in effective communication via the written language.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
People say , government bonds are safe investments , where you can at some point get that investment returned.
Unfortunately though , as a value theorist on Kaiser Report pointed out - governments eg us govt are bailing out banks as if there was no tomorrow , stuffing in q/e to boot .
The point made was that to provide additional credit to extend cover to an unpaid debt , is to have lost all sight of the original purpose of the original credit . In effect, you are never getting your money back . These things cause panic among the very wealthy - who are in just as dire need of reminding what value theory is about .
Having the cake is one thing - eating it is another .

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So are the impoverished who have to walk miles everyday to just get fresh water going to be incredibly rich if they can just realize how good and tasty water is? I doubt it. We will all be impoverished, in one way or another, until we throw off the yoke of class based society. Now go fry an ant with a magnifying glass, they are eating our crumbs.
edit on 19-8-2012 by ezekielken because: wrong lensed instrument

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think what the OP is saying is twofold:

Wealth is not just money
Although the OP doesn't elaborate much on this, I can tell you that in my life, I find wealth from my few possessions and modest living arrangements, my intellectual pursuits and goals (including getting better at gaming as well as traditional subjects involving academics), and creating a community of people with similar interests. None of which costs that much these days - although I am still paying off student loans.

I imagine there are many different ways for people to realize wealth, depending on who they are.

Wealth can also be obtained by watching out for things that negate it
For example, hanging around people who get in the way of who you want to be, or marrying someone who keeps you from obtaining your dreams, or starting a job that takes a lot of your time but doesn't give much in return.

All of these things can be left behind / changed. I would recommend trying to do it in a productive fashion, and thinking of actions and consequences. For example, I am extremely careful in who I date... but then again, I haven't dated in a while. ?

Also, depending on the state of the economy, it might be good to count your blessings.
edit on 19-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
On a side note, I think a lot of wealth can be obtained by learning to correctly analyze cause and effect relationships.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If I've read this right, it's saying, Material wealth is not necessary, if you can get away from all the nagging crap, you can enjoy what you already have.
I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join