It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico seizes 268,000 rounds of ammo in US truck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Mexico seizes 268,000 rounds of ammo in US truck

www.foxnews.com

Mexican customs inspectors seized 268,000 rounds of assault rifle ammunition found in a U.S. truck at a border crossing in Ciudad Juarez, authorities reported Wednesday.

Angel Torres, a spokesman for federal prosecutors in northern Chihuahua state, said a 37-year-old man from Dallas, Texas, was detained for trying to drive the truck across the border from El Paso, Texas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
More from the story-

Torres said a gamma-ray inspection of the truck's cargo compartment revealed the presence of metal canisters holding the ammunition. He says the bullets were hidden under pallets in the truck's floor.
Two calibers of ammunition were found, which can be fired by AR-15 and AK-47 assault rifles.
Prosecutors said it was the largest seizure of ammunition in Ciudad Juarez in recent memory.

Any link to Fast & Furious?

I mean, all those guns we shipped over need ammo, right?

I'm curious to see what details MSM will release about the driver....

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just another BATF ploy to get legal guns a bad name....
The recent purchases of way over a bllon rounds of ammo by US goverment agences (some who dont even pack guns) makes me thnk theyre dong ths delberately to forward the ant gun agenda.....
there will be many more nstancees of these knds of things and worse tll they get the guns from the people, and they dont care how many they have to massacre to do it either.....

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This happened in April and was widely covered.

Your link is even from that april coverage.

top topics

join