It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA commissioned these bizarre and beautiful photographs of our Martian future

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

I cannot get a search to find any data, but this guy was in his late 50s and said his father helped build a machine that could teleport people to new york from san francisco and that he went to mars using the same technology, which he went to an underground civilization which had a skull as an entrance, only visible from the sky.

It's extremely far fetched but danm does it coincide with the images we've seen from Nasa.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
I like this one best it reminds me of a meditation triangle.

love and harmony
Wahateva
edit on 18/8/12 by Whateva69 because: stupid spell check

I would be straight round the scrapyard weighing that copper in

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
What was the point of these pictures?

Concepts of lunar/interplanetary travel have been around for decades, much better planned and represented than these silly photos of people lost at Burning Man.

Here's a retro-future lunar base:

nickgogerty.typepad.com...
The only point I can see in NASA commisioning this artwork is to promote the positive aspect of space exploration. To get people who many not normally pay much attention to Mars exploration involved in the goings on of the project, to sort of pique the public interest via art.

In no way should these be considered anything other that art. In the same way as the cool 50s-60s illustration you provided as an example, I feel this artwork is supposed to excite the imagination . Just in greater abstract fashion.

I encourage everyone to visit the artist homepage. There are aprox. 30 some odd (no pun intended) pieces that you can click on and checkout in this series. Plus other works.

Personally I like abstract stuff like this (I'm more a sculpture/ metal art kinda guy
) But this artwork is cool too:cool

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by Whateva69
I like this one best it reminds me of a meditation triangle.

love and harmony
Wahateva
edit on 18/8/12 by Whateva69 because: stupid spell check

I would be straight round the scrapyard weighing that copper in
Close to $3 a pound(USD) around where I'm from

edit on 19-8-2012 by grubblesnert because: little sumtin'

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Why is the earth shown as the same size as the moon seen from earth???

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
reply to post by DaTroof

Why is the earth shown as the same size as the moon seen from earth???
It's art

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Goes to show you how easy it is to fake these things

Nice artwork though

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1

The Mars rovers should be credited as co-creators of Mars: Adrift on the Hourglass Sea, the latest series by artists Nicholas Kahn and Richard Selesnick. Some of the photographs Curiosity has taken of the Martian surface were included in these compositions, depicting a strange, silvery future of human life on Mars.

series by artists Nicholas Kahn and Richard Selesnick.

Adrift on the Hourglass Sea

Just wanted to share the pictures..

edit on 18-8-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

I love art. I'm all for the arts. I consider myself an artist. But, why is NASA spending our money on crap like this? What purpose does it serve? Is this just to fill someone's ego there? I don't see how this relates to science and discovery.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I have no problem with my tax dollars funding projects such as this. Much better than some things I see my money funding.

The art work in these photos, leads my imagination on a winding path of wondering where will our space program go, years after I'm long gone from this earthly plane.

Des

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Whateva69

My favorite is this one;

I like that one too....and think it would be cool camping cabins even here in the US...

....but.....why not build a ladder?

all very cool concepts!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I have no problem with my tax dollars funding projects such as this.

To heck with spending money on this. The artist can do it on their own, like others. The country spent all this money sending rovers to get real pictures.

Since the pictures will be a disappointment to most (no mars people, etc), this art is done. Advertising.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Lol greeneyedleo

They did but i weighed it in down the scrapyard , my bad .
edit on 19-8-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I love art. I'm all for the arts. I consider myself an artist. But, why is NASA spending our money on crap like this? What purpose does it serve? Is this just to fill someone's ego there? I don't see how this relates to science and discovery.

You make it sound like they should care about what we want them to spend our money on.

That's so silly.

edit on 19-8-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink
reply to post by maxella1

At last,!! the real pictures from mars...

For the record, the artist depicted blue skies in many of their paintings of Mars. Was that just artistic license?..

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by dontlaughthink

At last,!! the real pictures from mars...

For the record, the artist depicted blue skies in many of their paintings of Mars. Was that just artistic license?..

I doubt the artist know much about Mars, or even cares.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

reply to post by Whateva69

My favorite is this one;

I like that one too....and think it would be cool camping cabins even here in the US...

all very cool concepts!
The concept is that by these two people working together they can help each other enter a new world/enviroment.

"Launchwork is Teamwork" is a bumper sticker I saw countless times sharing A1A with the NASA comute crowd in the 80s Shuttle era

Same concept.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I changed my mind. This one is my new favorite.

edit on 19-8-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Bilk22

I have no problem with my tax dollars funding projects such as this. Much better than some things I see my money funding.

The art work in these photos, leads my imagination on a winding path of wondering where will our space program go, years after I'm long gone from this earthly plane.

Des

Look I agree that the arts need funding and that it's better to build art than to build bombs. However I wonder what the reasoning and intent was behind this endeavor. I'll need to do some more reading on it. Something about the images and what they're trying to portray, doesn't feel right to me for some reason. Can't put my finger on it though.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x
They forgot to include this one:

It's inevitable.

In fact, it is predicted by NASA itself. They need to warm up the atmosphere so they plan on voluntarily inducing global warming using CO2. I saw it on a marathon on Mars colonization by NASA on National Geographics.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Very intersting pictures, but I wonder about a few things... why the dead astronauts? Why children playing with dead astronauts? Why children being born already in space suits (genetic manipulation)? Or copulation via the suit (more genetic manipulation)? Also some pics depict failure and destruction of whatever the object of colonization would be. Seems a bit strange for a picture series that would promote colonization, if that is the objective. They seem to depict a future where "man" is genetically modified to meet planetary requirements. We all know how well that is going with Monsanto and plants, right?

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join