Was Ancient Egypt Wiped Out by a Mega-Drought?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Thank you!

I was thinking long and hard about writing a thread on that subject but thought nobody here would appreciate it.

Also, That movie made me tear up, that and the Notebook

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Queries to Scott Creighton :
1, Was it only the Egyptians who were "affected" by the "geographic shift"??
2. Wasn't the 'effects' of this "geographical shift" experienced by others in other parts of the world? if so are there any signs or records or anything about these?
3. Why didn't others in other parts of the world also start something similar to your 'Osiris Project" related to their deities? or if they had so, are there any signs or records of their own "Osiris Project"?
4. Are there any records indicating that the AE went on to build "14" pyramids?
5.If so, why so many different sized Pyramids. Why didnt they build it all the in the same scale? Was that , the "stuff" they stored in the so called "wombs" were of different sizes, so the pyramids also werre of different sizes?
6. Which 14 Pyramids are these?
7. If archaeology discovers another 20 or so pyramids, how would your "Osiris Project" theory account for them??Would you classify it as a second geographical pole Shift?

Sorry...dont ask me to read your books which your would of course want me to buy them too, which i don't intend to do so. if you would care to answer my queries, i would save me the money.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Since this happened ~4,200 years ago, that's roughly when the Old Kingdom came to an end and the 1st Intermediate period began. The drought was probably responsible for the fall of the Old Kingdom and "dark period" known as the 1st Intermediate period.

Thanks for the link, though!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Scott has a great take, so does Gary........
edit on 18-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I dont have time to view videos due to my busy schedule at work. if you could care to answer the queries i put forth to scott, it would be great. or let scott answer them.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

AH, its not a video, per say, its ALL audio.

I would let Scott answer the questions though.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Hi Coredrill,

Coredrill: Queries to Scott Creighton :

1. Was it only the Egyptians who were "affected" by the "geographic shift"??

SC: No. As stated in my post, many of the Bronze Age III cultures and city-states of the Near East were affected.

Coredrill: 2. Wasn't the 'effects' of this "geographical shift" experienced by others in other parts of the world? if so are there any signs or records or anything about these?

SC: Yes. There is evidence from South America that it too experienced sudden and dramatic climate change around the same time.

Coredrill: 3. Why didn't others in other parts of the world also start something similar to your 'Osiris Project" related to their deities? or if they had so, are there any signs or records of their own "Osiris Project"?

SC: I can’t really speak for other cultures around the world—only what I have studied and uncovered from ancient Egypt. Perhaps other cultures did implement a recovery plan of sorts but that they did so differently from the way the ancient Egyptians implemented their own ‘recovery plan’ by building pyramid Recovery Vaults on the high plateaus of the kingdom.

Coredrill: 4. Are there any records indicating that the AE went on to build "14" pyramids?

SC: There are actually around 138 pyramids in Egypt most of which are nothing more than piles of rubble. The myth of Osiris and Isis tells us that the body of Osiris was cut into 14 parts. Some versions of the myth state there were 16 parts. The difference in the number may be due to the ancient Egyptians of the Old Kingdom having failed to complete a couple of pyramids.

Coredrill: 5.If so, why so many different sized Pyramids. Why didnt they build it all the in the same scale? Was that, the "stuff" they stored in the so called "wombs" were of different sizes, so the pyramids also were of different sizes?

SC: A number of reasons. The first thing to say is that you can’t run until you first learn to walk. It was a learning curve. Some of the earliest pyramids ever built were constructed by Huni of the third dynasty—seven pyramids in total. None of these ‘Provincial Pyramids’ had any internal chambers or ancillary buildings such as chapels, temples etc associated with them. These pyramids were far smaller than the giant pyramids that would come later. These ‘Provincial Pyramids’ were the training ground where people from the various provinces were taught how to quarry, cut, dress, move and stack blocks of stone in preparation for their commencement of the bigger project. At Giza, for example, the relative sizes of these structures to each other was determined by the Orion Belt stars and some simple geometry. See here and here.

Coredrill: 6. Which 14 Pyramids are these?

SC: The first 14 pyramids the ancient Egyptians built i.e. the early, giant pyramids that still stand today.

Coredrill: 7. If archaeology discovers another 20 or so pyramids, how would your "Osiris Project" theory account for them?? Would you classify it as a second geographical pole Shift?

SC: As I stated earlier, there are about 138 pyramids in Egypt. The early, giant pyramids were, imo, built to ensure the recovery of the kingdom in anticipation of a major environmental disaster. Over time, as the AE's religious ideas developed in association with the pyramid form as the ‘mound of creation’ (or rather re-creation), this original concept of 'recovery of the kingdom' evolved into the ‘rebirth of the king’ and, as such, for the later kings to receive an Osirian ‘rebirth’ may have required that their mummified body be placed in a much smaller and less well-built pyramid. The 14 early, giant pyramids, however, served a completely different function to the much smaller, later pyramids.

Coredrill: Sorry...dont ask me to read your books which your would of course want me to buy them too, which i don't intend to do so. if you would care to answer my queries, i would save me the money.

SC: I haven’t asked you to read or buy any of my books. Much of my research is available free to read right here on my ATS Forum and has been for many years now. I hope I have answered your queries.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton
edit on 18/8/2012 by Scott Creighton because: Fix Typo.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I watched a BBC documentary a few years back that said the Nile changed course and everybody starved because the annual floods did not come.

I wish i could remember what the name of the documentary was.
edit on 18-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The thing is that none of this explains the why, when, or how the great prymaids at giza were built. This question here is a whole other topic...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Too tired to read this thread right now,I will save it for later.
Off the top of my head,I would say probably.Droughts and
floods do have a tendency to change where and how people
live.
I watched a document about egypt on the history channel the
other day.Some places that are desert now could have had lakes
a few thousand years ago.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Acient Egypt was not wiped out by a drought.....they were taken over when Arabs & Islam entered Egypt approx 760 years ago!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by crazyguy2012

I have a somewhat out there theory on that. I think the poles shifted. {Not as drastically as many DOOM Sayers would have you believe} just a degree or so, just enough to screw up those ancient civilizations.

The Northern Ice age ice cap was over large parts of North America and Northern Europe. I suspect that it wasn't centered over the North pole as we know it today

It's not really drastic, or a theory. Pole shifts are known to have happened, multiple times, and during human existence on Earth.

171 known times to be exact, most not happening during human existence, but still while there was life on the planet.
edit on 8/19/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sulie

reply to post by crazyguy2012

I have a somewhat out there theory on that. I think the poles shifted. {Not as drastically as many DOOM Sayers would have you believe} just a degree or so, just enough to screw up those ancient civilizations.

The Northern Ice age ice cap was over large parts of North America and Northern Europe. I suspect that it wasn't centered over the North pole as we know it today

So, would that be your explanation for this?

www.nytimes.c... om/2012/07/20/science/earth/severe-drought-expected-to-worsen-across-the-nation.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Published: July 19, 2012 Facebook Twitter Google+ E-mail Share Print Reprints KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The drought that has settled over more than half of the continental United States this summer is the most widespread in more than half a century. And it is likely to grow worse.

It's called a cycle. Liken it to females, or mother earth............this is just a dry cycle, and yes, it has happened before, and currently happening in the US.

Lol sorry to be off topic but I love the comedy in your post. Back on topic I agree(person I quoted) 100 percent.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I think I've seen the same docu

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I just want to thank Scott for jumping in and giving us his perspective

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

No! It was wiped out by greedy leaders making stupid decisions. Just like now.!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Hi Slayer69,

Analysis of sediments from Lake Tana in Ethiopia (one of the sources of the Nile) provides strong evidence of this catastrophic drought:

Blue Nile's source to reveal its dark secrets

Thursday 03 April 2003

A team of scientists from St Andrews and Wales are set to make an important contribution to understanding what caused the collapse of one of the World's great dynasties around 4200 years ago, that of the Egyptian Old Kingdom.

It is widely believed by Egyptologists that the demise of the Old Kingdom was triggered by drought caused by a sudden and unanticipated reduction in the Nile floods over a period of two or three decades. This led to a period of famine, political crisis and war. Other scientific studies have shown a short-lived but pronounced decline in rainfall and reduced water flow around 2150 BC over an area that extended from Tibet to Italy.
Source.

Ethiopian drought may have caused the end of the Egyptian Old Kingdom

Monday 01 August 2011

A severe drought approximately 4,200 years ago may have contributed to the demise of the Egyptian Old Kingdom new research has found.

A new survey of Lake Tana in Ethiopa, which is the source of the Blue Nile River, has discovered, through seismic investigations and carbon dating, that there was a drought around the time that the Egyptian Old Kingdom began to decline.

Dr Richard Bates, a senior lecturer in Earth Sciences at the University of St Andrew confirms that the new data reveals that the ancient civilisation may have experienced a prolonged period of the same severity being suffered by parts of the African continent today.
Source.

Of course, the question that now has to be asked and answered is what brought about this "...sudden and unanticipated reduction in the Nile flood..."?

According to Australian astronomer and mathematician, George F. Dodwell, the Earth underwent a sudden and rapid shift of its axis at about the same time that these devastating droughts occurred. I rather suspect that both events were intrinsically linked. You can read more on Dodwell's research here.

Regards,

SC
edit on 19/8/2012 by Scott Creighton because: Fix Typo.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Egypt was destroyed by a flood........a flood of Nubians to be exact

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I just want to thank Scott for jumping in and giving us his perspective

Once was enough, man, arise from your knees, that's no way to attempt to walk in the light!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
lets say the pyramids have boxes which are super conductors set in one chamber or other . For this response I will call them, "Box of El" or "The Arc of the Covenant"

so these boxes harness static electricity and give the area free energy as we have seen that era a consumer of electricity.

My opinion is that a Pharaoh or another started a tax based on consumption. Once this tax reached a tipping point the Population moved out of the area. Emigration. Hence a collapse or ever a rebellion, "Burn it down, burn it all down"

Maybe this was the doing of Moses upon Exodus

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join