It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resident Evil 2 (SPOILER)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I was watching this zombie flick at the cinema. And it really sets up a good example of what corporations and the government are like. The way they tried cover u everything that happened, i thought it was amaszing, cos it is so true. The media also believed it and further spread the lie across the nation. What do you guys think?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yeah ok but is it any good. As good as the first one or better.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I wanna see it cos its got Oded Feur the guy from Duece Bigelow and The Mummy in it.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The film was bad I hated it so much. IMO there was no point to the story line I couldn't get into it.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
^ no storyline
maybe you should watch it again.

What it did was to just show that coverups takes place in the world. ie in the movie an infection spread,.... people of the city mutated after being bitten... They were then quarantined by being closed off with a wall. (makes you remember SARS but in a more extreme case)

What was $tupid was that a comic was thrown into the script. WTF is up with that. IMO if the comic had been left out the movie would have been more successful, not in the ballpark of silence of the lambs but stilll. To wrap this up, the only reason I watched it was that I was expecting to hear some Cradle of Filth, Rammstein or Lacuna Coil background music, but I think they edited those songs out for Canadian audiences.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Im not even old enough to watch it
argggggg

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ive had it on copy (shhh!) for a while now, its one of the most watched films in my collection.. which is large to say the least im a huge movie buff

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Wasn't bad....not near as creepy as the original though... Much better for action fans though, as she totally kicked ass!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It butchered the games it was supposed to 'tie in' with.. Argh. I've been fighting the movies ever since I've gained power in the Resident Evil (Games) Underworld. Oh well, every good thing has a counterweight.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The ending left me scratching my head and wondering if they plan on doing a third installment. Definately had great action sequences, but at times it seemed a little too dark and muddled up things.

Dimitri > don't even bother having hope for the game-movie connection stuff, it never happens. Basically if you have a book, game and movie they will all seem worlds appart. Heck I already thing the 2nd Bourne movie is total crap after reading halfway through the book it was supposed to be based on.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Dimitri > don't even bother having hope for the game-movie connection stuff, it never happens. Basically if you have a book, game and movie they will all seem worlds appart. Heck I already thing the 2nd Bourne movie is total crap after reading halfway through the book it was supposed to be based on.

That is true.. Though usually it's not major changes, like take Jurassic Park for instance. The book was about 3 times as long as the movie, though the movie kept well with the book by having some scenes that were in the book.. Of course it wasn't perfect, but both book and movie were very good.

Now look at the RE movies. The movie completely focuses on Alice, almost every good part and quality that the game characters had are now given to Alice to make her all special while the characters from the games are horrible.. Did I mention that Alice never existed in the games? She pretty much only exists because she's Paul Anderson's (Director) fiance. Before the movie came out, I was preaching how bad it was going to be and many disagreed with me.. But when they saw it, almost all of them agreed that Alice was way over-rated. Oh well..

Oh, the thing that happened at the end is only to do with the movie, the games don't have invisible-x-ray-psychic attacks.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I loved both RE movies. I thought it was great and Alice's hot. This time they have Jill Valentine in the movie which totally kicked ass. I'm a girl and I think that Jill Valentine's darn hot. It gives me the creeps when there's a possiblity that such corperation that might just do stuff behind our back like the Umbrella Corp. Just that the reality calls it AT&T.

new topics

top topics

join