It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the most genuine person in the field of UFOs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I am really not up-to-date with many authors anymore, i read most of them a while back.
But Nick Pope was amongst those i always had a "good feeling" about. Not sure about Friedman tho, but if i had to list two it would be those two.

edit on 18-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Dr. Steven Gre..... Bahahahaa, Can't say that with a straight face!

But in all seriousness, Stanton Friedman would be my most believable person in the field.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Every UFO researcher i have seen speak had an agenda. Most had a book or two to sell. Its impossible to be genuine about the UFO phenomenon, because nobody truly knows for sure what we are dealing with.

Stanton seems to have got the most votes for being the most genuine. But what does he actually known. Most of what he believes has been said to him. His never had an experience so why should i listen to him.

edit on 18-8-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE

19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, URL, organization, or business for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

20a) Unauthorized Marketing: ATTENTION MARKETERS: You will not engage in efforts of viral or "stealth marketing" on these discussion boards without prior approval of TAN. If marketing activity for the promotion of any other commercial entity outside of these boards is discovered you agree that you are responsible for paying TAN $2.00 US for each "thread view" of the thread(s) in which your marketing messages are contained. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Membership for joining these discussion boards signifies your approval of these payment terms.

edit on August 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have followed the entire "Alien" thread for over 30 yrs and have read some incredible things. And some incredulous things. There is so much disinformation it is impossible to sort through what is "truth" and what is "false" without a healthy sense of cynicism for EVERYTHING you read. I have come to believe NOTHING anyone says. Just watch it all go by and wait. Most of what has been predicted have NEVER come true. It has all been absolute HOT AIR. So if I was a gambling man, I would not be placing too much gratis on what most of these people say or do about "aliens". However it is fun to read while keeping a healthy sense of reality..

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by CallYourBluff
Stanton Friedman is by far the best and most meticulous UFO researcher.

NO

Just, um, NO.

He's a 'ufologist' in the respect that he quit nuclear physics because he could get paid more, with more time off, by talking to people about UFOs and doing lectures.
He 'researches' to lecture so he can get paid, and he's not really come up with anything new to his carnival routine in years.
He started out all right, but, now he's just on cruise control, milking the Ufology circus as extended retirement for whatever he can get out of it without going too far into losing what credibility he's built up.

edit on 18-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Do you have proof that Friedman left his cushy nuclear physicist job to become a ufologist? To be mocked by every one of his peers and to throw away everything that he built his life to until, as he explains it, he discovered the secret that could change the world. What if he changed career courses because he discovered something so amazing that he felt compelled to devote his life to it?

Also why does it have to be a carnival? Have you ever heard this man speak? He isn't milking anything, he offers lucid and sound knowledge on every aspect of the field in every interview I've ever heard.
My vote is for Friedman in first and Good, Dolan coming up second and third.
edit on 19-8-2012 by lordaqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Great video and great researcher....but I agree with another poster that the real UFO researchers don't come out to talk in public much. One day they will

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Who's the one that knows UFOs don't exist? They are the most credible one.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
id love to think that john leer is completely legit with his claims. who knows really. you cant blame john leer if he gets his facts from some source that is unreliable. he doesnt know. stanton friedman seems to be really professional in his research, but one thing i dont like about him is the fact that he doesnt believe bob lazar. who should we believe, stanton friedman, or boyd bushman, who has been a leading lockheed scientist for years and says that bob lazar is telling the truth. its really difficult to know who to believe.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

You need 20 posts to start a new topical thread and cannot ask other members to start one for you. Making 20 posts here is pretty easy! Once you have them, you can start your thread. Also, threads need to stay on topic.

Please fully read ATS TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE

STARING A NEW THREAD

WELCOME TO ATS, TIME TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF

edit on August 19th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
John Keel of course. here is his business card.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
OP - just a general FYI. Anyone who straps a boom camera to their head and runs around like they are filming The Blair Witch Project is more than likely not a good credible source.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Looks like most are choosing the most popular career ufologists rather than genuine researchers.

Try,

Mike Swords
Mark Pilkington
Isaac Koi
Greg Bishop
Jerome Clark

Look outside the boundaries of the field and you may learn a lot more.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

I think this all came from the USA Olympics years ago that had a fake space ship land as part of the show.

I've heard the rumour about every Olympics since.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordaqua

Do you have proof that Friedman left his cushy nuclear physicist job to become a ufologist? To be mocked by every one of his peers and to throw away everything that he built his life to until, as he explains it, he discovered the secret that could change the world. What if he changed career courses because he discovered something so amazing that he felt compelled to devote his life to it?

Also why does it have to be a carnival? Have you ever heard this man speak? He isn't milking anything, he offers lucid and sound knowledge on every aspect of the field in every interview I've ever heard.
My vote is for Friedman in first and Good, Dolan coming up second and third.
edit on 19-8-2012 by lordaqua because: (no reason given)

He still bills himself as a nuclear scientist when he's been a ufologist about twice as long as he ever worked in real science.
I sold my old car. Does that make me a professional automotive salesperson?
A friend of mine with a Cesna let me work the controls of the aircraft for a few minutes after we were up in the air. Does that make me a professional pilot now?
When I was a teen, I did some babysitting. Does that make me a child care professional?

Yes, I've watched a number of videos on Friedman, and over the years he's developed into another circus performer clown, going out of his way to ridicule NASA, SETI, as well as personalities he disagrees with, putting his OPINION forward as a point of fact as opposed to sticking to just the evidence.

Once upon a time, Friedman may have been a worthy contributor in the early days, but, now, it's just lectures for pay, lots of opinion, and "buy my book".

Until he pulls himself out of cruise control and gets back to investigating as opposed to simply giving opinion, then, in my book at least, he's a wash out.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

For the last 25 years this would be Timothy Good .

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hi Todzer,

If you should ask for specific areas of UFO expertise or even suggest a UFO research Hall of Fame, may I nominate (posthumously) a major contributor to UFO research?

If I may, I'd like to nominate the late Constance Clear for her contributions to alien abduction research.

Link to External Image

Originally posted at the NUFOC.Net website
Abduction therapist & author of Reaching for Reality. ... ...Constance began to study the UFO phenomena, which led to her working with abductees ... Her credentials include: L.M.S.W.-A.C.P., L.M.F.T., A.C.S.W., and B.C.D.

originally posted by Desdemone of the Monstrous.com website
"Clear made a name for herself in the realm of alien abductions and UFO phenomena when she took the narratives of seven people who claimed to be abductees and published her first book, "Reaching for Reality: Seven Incredible True Stories of Alien Abduction."

More information about the late Constance Clear

Book Review, Reaching for Reality

Thank you for starting this worthwhile message thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread. Hardly mentioning JACQUES VALLEE.

HANDS DOWN, It's Jacques Vallee.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't like Nick Pope.
Trust the military (Varginha case)
Lets invite some psychics too (Rendlesham Forest incident)
This guy is a joke!

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join