It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the most genuine person in the field of UFOs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Apart from Stanton Friedman in my opinion it has to be the English researcher / author Timothy Good.
Not only are his books some of the best in the field but also his lectures (which can be found on YouTube) set a very high standard.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashRetrieval
Apart from Stanton Friedman in my opinion it has to be the English researcher / author Timothy Good.
Not only are his books some of the best in the field but also his lectures (which can be found on YouTube) set a very high standard.

I agree.

Alien Contact - Timothy Good

Crash at Corona - Stanton Friedman

-----------

Both have good information on Majestic - 12.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Timothy Good..isnt he the guy who said he thinks George Adamski was not a hoaxer?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Nice thread for separating the knowledgeable wheat from the "low information" poster chaff.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Timothy Good..isnt he the guy who said he thinks George Adamski was not a hoaxer?

Yes and no. He thinks Adamski had some kind of genuine experience but created faked evidence to draw attention to himself. Tim Good is a very entertaining writer who sounds very genuine. However I am not sure his sources of information always are.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
ET?

Oh, thats not what you were asking as it.

I better read the whole thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Avoid project scamalot erm camalot and anyone involved with them. Its the biggest load of bunkem out there. Stantons ok, but has been caught out with some nonsense now and again. Nick popes the man really, he needs pressing more for information, hard imo.
edit on 18-8-2012 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2012 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SheilAliens

You have also been accused numerous times of filming headlights on the mountain facing your place along with alot of other stuff. Sorry darling your intentions maybe good and honorable but you were discredited ages ago.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Here's a good link:

The Ten Most Credible UFOlogists

I'd also say when it comes to government UFO documents, the work of this chap is well worth a look.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

Like I said, I use to film things I thought were UFOs but I snapped out of it. People here on ATS seem pretty stuck in the past on that - do you guys see me posting that stuff anymore? Go ahead, look at my videos and tell me, when was the last time I posted any videos of the "orbs" I was - admittedly - mistaken about?

Those were nothing. I've grown up since then

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Richard Dolan is in my opinion the most genuine person in UFO research today.

He's a brilliant man with genuine credentials.

edit on 18-8-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Of course, "not here to toot my [your] own horn".

Of course.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Everywhen

Here to present some compelling evidence that I'd like to hear other's thoughts on, thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii

J. Allen Hynek

Unfortunately, he's dead.

Aaaiii, yes good call there and it's a great shame that Dr Hynek is not with us anymore (but at least he left us a few good books) - Michael Swords makes some important points about him in the article below as well as other folks like Richard Hall, Dr James E. Mcdonald, Ted Bloecher and Captain Ed Ruppelt.

Want to understand UFOs?: Get to know UFOlogy's Founders

Aristotle told his impatient student, Alexander the Great, "There is no 'Royal Road' to Geometry." There isn't one to UFOlogy either. I can promise you that if you are not extremely perceptive [and a bit lucky], you cannot get an accurate picture of what's known vs. what's responsibly guessed vs. what's full-of-errors vs. what's full-of-worse by merely scavenging about on the internet. The only Road to actually knowing something about this field is to lean heavily on its founders--that means to learn its history..

link

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

I say listen to all of them and ask yourself - are they being critical of the material they present?

Not here to toot your own horn, right

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Well it's no matter, I was only chiming in to answer the OP's question and I've done that. I'll catch you crazy cats on the ˙ǝpısdıןɟ

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Great thread, and thanks. Unbiased by all I have read I would give the same answer if it were the first....

1. Stanton Friedman. Stanton stands the test of time. He is very scientifically oriented and does not go out on limbs with speculative information. If he does stretch out, he has some very great research to back him up, almost all of it leg-worked by himself, and that is why he is the overall best.

2. Nick Pope. Nick not only has a very believable personality, he has some real credentials to stand on, just like Stanton. He is methodical, organized and has an honest approach, and certainly does not care who believes him or what others may say about him. He does not try and defend what he says, and that is a mark of someone who knows what he is talking about, because he knows that those that may disagree with him can read all of the research he has amassed and think what ever they want.

3. Richard Dolan. Richard is a remarkable speaker, methodical researcher and a kind of "Get in your Face" guy, when challenged by any "authority" that tried to take him on, (and afterward, wished they did not.). He stands tall on much self-researched data that is rather hard to refute, and you really need some substance to challenge his views, or have done some impeccable research yourself. Although he is friends with Hoagland, he knows what to support of his views, and certainly those that should be kept at a safe distance away. Richard Hoagland would be on this list , if he was just a bit more scrutinizing in some of his research, and unscientifically, made some hard assumptions about some really speculative theories.

So that is my list.

edit on 18-8-2012 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join