It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the most genuine person in the field of UFOs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hi all first post,

Would love peoples opinions on the most credible person in the field of UFO's today, I for one am sick of wading through the slim and filth of most of them and would like to hear about people that are genuinely respected in the field and peoples AVOID lists as well. Am relatively new to all this so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
edit on 18-8-2012 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Id say Nick Pope as its was his job to investigate UFO's for the UK government so his reports were objective. Plus he does not have a whole bunch of books out to sell on the subject.
edit on 18-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Yes he seems to be one the the best so far that I have come across but there was talk of him hinting at a UFO at the Olympics that was for some marketing ploy, don't know how true this claim is.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I like George Knapp. He seems particularly sincere and open-minded imo.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing a lot of them, not to say I haven't found something interesting being presented by the majority of them. It seems like too many of these experts are just out to get a paycheck, and more power to em! At least they're thinking outside of the box a bit.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Id say Nick Pope as its was his job to investigate UFO's for the UK government so his reports were objective.

This is what is going to happen in this thread, so I'll give you an executive summary:
If the guy is "good" at UFO-research and if he has ties with the government, it can only mean that if he has evidence of E.T, it must be true. If he denies, he must be lying as the government would be covering it up.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

That's why I set this up, too many of them out there money grabbing these days, very hard to come across anyone that genuinely wants to get their point across without begging for money.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ted Phillips. His investigations center around cases involving trace evidence, with no apparent agenda except the advancement of scientific knowledge pertaining to UFO's.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The most genuine person in the field of UFOs is undoubtably someone we never heard of.
The genuine researcher labors for the thirst of knowledge, not for fame.
As soon as you start courting the cameras, you're an entertainer, like it or not.

I know that if your head's full of backgrounds, camera angles, lighting, make up, and all that crap, you're not really focusing on the topic at hand, are you? (not you specifically, of course. I use the collective "you")

I think a lot of UFO fellas started out genuine, but lost it along the way. It's understandable, in a way. It's easy to get sucked in by all the crap surrounding the field, what with fakers, fraudsters, huksters and just plain crazy people everywhere you turn.

You've got to make a buck somehow...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by greybeard1
Ted Phillips. His investigations center around cases involving trace evidence, with no apparent agenda except the advancement of scientific knowledge pertaining to UFO's.

Was having a look through there and seems legit, as long as I don't see that he contacts aliens with his mind will give him a go

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Stanton Friedman is by far the best and most meticulous UFO researcher.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Stanton Friedman?

He seems very objective and concerned with hard facts rather than wild speculation. He's a nuclear physicist, not that that necessarily adds to his credibility as a UFOlogist but to me it shows he at least has SOME credibility in the real world.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CallYourBluff

NO

Just, um, NO.

He's a 'ufologist' in the respect that he quit nuclear physics because he could get paid more, with more time off, by talking to people about UFOs and doing lectures.
He 'researches' to lecture so he can get paid, and he's not really come up with anything new to his carnival routine in years.
He started out all right, but, now he's just on cruise control, milking the Ufology circus as extended retirement for whatever he can get out of it without going too far into losing what credibility he's built up.

edit on 18-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Apart from several esteemed members of this forum ... you know who you are
... I guess my vote would go to Dr. Richard F. Haines Chief Scientist at NARCAP .

After working at NASA-Ames from 1967 - 1986 as a research scientist in numerous astronautical (Gemini, Apollo, Skylab, Space Station) and aeronautical (e.g., Mgr. of the Joint FAA/NASA Head-up Display Program, landing simulation research) projects, he was appointed Chief of the Space Human Factors Office at NASA-Ames (1986-1988) where he directed research and development efforts of the AX-5 "hard" EVA space suit, habitability design research for Space Station Freedom, and spacecraft window design.

His interest in UFO phenomena spans over 20 years with special interests in sightings by pilots, analysis of photographic evidence, and data on Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind. He claims that, "these three areas contain the type of data that will bring us to a successful discovery of the core nature of the phenomena.
www.nicap.org...

narcap.org...

edit on 18-8-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

To my mind Stanton Friedman is one of the least credible researchers. Ive seen him in videos trying to say what were clearly Chinese lanterns were UFO's.

He seems to go between what seems like very objective investigations to making all sorts of wild claims and assumptions when he need a pay cheque. I think he is very clever in the way he puts himself across as being credible while at the same time tends to make up all sorts of wild claims when he needs to.

Lets face it the guy make a living from trying to tell us UFO's are visiting aliens.

edit on 18-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by greybeard1

I agree for the most part.
It remains to be seen how carried away he gets with the whole "Morley Woods" deal.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CallYourBluff

Yes, Stanton Friedman is the best.

He also has the best book.

- Crash at Corona -

Roswell debris field + 2nd Crash site near Magdalena, NM.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Try Dr Karla Turner she became intrested in the alien ajenda after members of her family were
taken.

The diminutive scholar, author and activist, who was born in 1947 and made her home in Roland, Arkansas, had been involved in alien abduction work since 1988. Two traits, she had come to conclude, characterized alien behavior above all: deceitfulness and cruelty. In Into the Fringe, she recounted the abduction experiences of herself, her husband Casey (an assumed name), and several other members of her family. The family had first became aware of their experiences in 1988. Later, they were able to recall abduction events going back to their childhoods; the experiences were uniformly disturbing. In her second book, Taken (published, like Masquerade of Angels, by her own press, Kelt Works, in Roland), Turner told the stories of eight female abductees who had contacted her after the publication of her first book. Masquerade of Angels was the biography of Louisiana psychic Ted Rice, who, used to channeling benevolent entities, then becoming aware of his alien abduction experiences, first believed the aliens were benign, then came to the conclusion that they were no more than remorseless predators.

projectcamelot.org...

Here a PDF of one of her three books for you to read as they been out of print for years
and second hand copy are expensive.

Karla Turner - Taken -

Karla died of cancer back in 1996 at the age of 48 years.

May she rest in peace for all her good work.
edit on 18/8/2012 by skuly because: typo

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
Hi all first post,

Would love peoples opinions on the most credible person in the field of UFO's today, I for one am sick of wading through the slim and filth of most of them and would like to hear about people that are genuinely respected in the field and peoples AVOID lists as well. Am relatively new to all this so any help would be appreciated.

Me... because I do not believe they are alien based crafts, and so I have nothing to gain...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

I liked Stanton Freidman until he tore Bob Lazar to shreds... I'm a Bob Lazar believer, I just feel that his past was erased, which is the reason why Stanton cant find anything on him...

Personally, I like Bill Birnes, at times he believes stuff a little too much, but I do believe he is very sincere and genuine....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join