It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pussy Riot jail terms condemned as 'disproportionate'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Yes they were, I know that, read my previous posts, I am stating that by their actions they got the church involved whether they meant to or not they have people up in arms against the church and people here are saying that it was not their intentions but by their actions they have people out protesting against the church in their name, why go to the church and cause this and then say well it's nothing to do with the them? Did they think that people would be happy with church? Again I am not debating the harshness of the sentence (which is appalling) or the corruption, I am saying that they should not have gone to the church if they did not want to invoke this response against the church but people are trying to say that it is not their fault.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Have you heard their music? They got off easy.

On a side note, they live in a communist country, why would anyone be surprised? 30 years ago, they would have just disappeared.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
why pick the church in the first place? Why not any other building, they brought the church into it and now people are cutting down crosses, whether they meant to or not their actions are leading other people to blame the church.

Do not presume you know me I am NOT American.
edit on 18-8-2012 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

Because Putin aligned himself with the church and used religion in his political platform. The church endorsed his political battle and was used as a backdrop to what is believed to be a corrupt system.

This is about the corruption between church and state.

How would performing a protest song in McDonalds about Putin and the church be of any use?

I don't do a lot of research, I take some time out to read reports and stories that interest me. Sometimes I make a bad call about something when I've missed out an aspect of the story and I'm the first to admit that. But I'm seeing constant misinformation on ATS especially about this case, where people seem to have not read anything about it before they comment.

I've seen people claiming it's vandalism when it isn't. I've seen people claiming it's anti-religious when it isn't. I've seen people blaming Pussy Riot for a woman somewhere else chopping down a crucifix...

Are people deliberately ignoring the fundamental aspects of this story to suit their own religious arguments?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Todzer
why pick the church in the first place? Why not any other building, they brought the church into it and now people are cutting down crosses, whether they meant to or not their actions are leading other people to blame the church.

Do not presume you know me I am NOT American.
edit on 18-8-2012 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

Because Putin aligned himself with the church and used religion in his political platform. The church endorsed his political battle and was used as a backdrop to what is believed to be a corrupt system.

This is about the corruption between church and state.

How would performing a protest song in McDonalds about Putin and the church be of any use?

I don't do a lot of research, I take some time out to read reports and stories that interest me. Sometimes I make a bad call about something when I've missed out an aspect of the story and I'm the first to admit that. But I'm seeing constant misinformation on ATS especially about this case, where people seem to have not read anything about it before they comment.

I've seen people claiming it's vandalism when it isn't. I've seen people claiming it's anti-religious when it isn't. I've seen people blaming Pussy Riot for a woman somewhere else chopping down a crucifix...

Are people deliberately ignoring the fundamental aspects of this story to suit their own religious arguments?

Putin is Putin,church is church, but religion is religion
some people hate namely that religion, reason of that in Bible
that religion is attacked around the wold as least protected if to compare with Muslim and Judaism
which use Bible too
All of that about political motives is blah blah blah

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

some people madly hate part of words and pages in the Bible, therefore they do everything in order to discredit the Christian religion

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I do not think you are getting my point. Would there people be cutting crosses down in their name if they had not targeted the church in the first place? They have stirred up hate for the church whether they meant to or not and I stated to another commenter that they should have know that the punishment was in store when they left their houses that morning, it was never going to end up good for them, they poked the bear and got mauled. I have never stated once that the Russian government or church wasn't corrupt, I am simply stating that they have caused a backlash against the church worldwide and it isn't right. What does a church in Kiev have to do with Putin or Russia? Yet they have supporters cutting crosses down in THEIR name, would they target the church in Kiev if they were not in jail? Also I did not like your comment a few posts ago about Americans, I may not be American but it is a sad day when you see a post, assume something and let your bigotry speak for you.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake
reply to post by Tindalos2013

some people madly hate part of words and pages in the Bible, therefore they do everything in order to discredit the Christian religion

these people also require to call Christianity extremist religion because of these words in the Bible.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Also I would like to say that I am not a Christian either, you should heed your own words and not jump to conclusions.

edit on 19-8-2012 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Proponents participating Pussy Riot, who was sentenced to two years in prison for "punk prayer" in Christ the Savior Cathedral, turn into vandals. Recently in Baltiysk two teenagers set fire to the Cathedral of St. George's Cathedral sea Baltic Fleet, and the temple walls scribbled with aerosol sprays.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join