It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. refuses to recognize diplomatic asylum of WikiLeaks founder

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by UDHR19

Originally posted by TheLegend
Odd how the UK won't extradite Gary Mckinnon, a man who hacked into NASA and the Pentagon to reveal alien technology being used, but are feverishly trying to get Assange with weak allegations.

Gary did not "hack" into those systems. The systems were unprotected and had blank admin passwords.

Hacking means finding out weaknesses in a computer or computer network. He did that and exploited it and did so to a top secret network.

Don't play semantics.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Don't play semantics.

Don't tell me what or what not to do.

edit on 19-8-2012 by UDHR19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by youwillneverknow
I for one hope the bastard gets a full metal jacket right between the eyes.

Ironically enough should that ever happen there wont be an investigation. Assange supporters will just accuse the US of doing it with no evidence to support it while ignoring any and all evidence that says something different.

Hell if Assange commits suicide on live tv they will blame the US and argue he was a manchurian result.

So true - personally I think it would be great for every Country for this person to be knocked off - he has endangered so many people with his website. There are certain things that should be kept secret and are kept secret fro national security amongst other interests. He is nothing more than a criminal and now allegedly a rapist, so he is the lowest of the low.

What good has he done by releasing all the wikileak documents, who gains from it? Nobody, except for some hippy ass green peace government hating dickheads that want something else to hate the government for.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by UDHR19

Nice quote but it's only about 40% of his speech.

That's exactly the purpose of quotes.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

edit on 19-8-2012 by UDHR19 because: Removed

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Ironically enough should that ever happen there wont be an investigation. Assange supporters will just accuse the US of doing it with no evidence to support it while ignoring any and all evidence that says something different.

Hell if Assange commits suicide on live tv they will blame the US and argue he was a manchurian result.

What good has he done by releasing all the wikileak documents, who gains from it? Nobody, except for some hippy ass green peace government hating dickheads that want something else to hate the government for.

The purpose of a government is to serve the population in an ethical manner. Not to serve itself or the interests of some private corporations. The US and other governments around the world have failed miserably. They have lied to the public and murdered innocents. Who gains from that? The rich and powerful minority who absolutely wants to stay in power, no matter the cost.

Invading a country under false pretenses is a crime. Shooting at unarmed civilians and children is an act of cowardice, not courage.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The purpose of a government is to serve the population in an ethical manner. Not to serve itself or the interests of some private corporations. The US and other governments around the world have failed miserably. They have lied to the public and murdered innocents. Who gains from that? The rich and powerful minority who absolutely wants to stay in power, no matter the cost.

Which has what to do with Assange, Sweden, the UK and the sex charge allegations?

Originally posted by Kryties
Invading a country under false pretenses is a crime. Shooting at unarmed civilians and children is an act of cowardice, not courage.

Hiding / forcing an engagement with your enemy in populated civilian areas / civilian vuildings is also an act of cowardice, something the religious zealots do regularly. Forcing the slaughter of civilians by them in order to use its as propoganda is cowardice.

If people are so quick to rush to wikileaks side and claim what they are doing is just then place tell me why you ignore the wikileaks report that stated wmds were found in Iraq.

again ironic you guys ignore those types of documents, even when they are released from your hero.

So quit seeing only what you want while ignoring the info you dont like / want to hear.
Wikileaks: WMD program existed in Iraq prior to US invasion
US did find Iraq WMD
WikiLeaks Show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq – With Surprising Results

By the way... This has nothing to do with the US and everything to do with the UK, Sweden and Assange.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The purpose of the government is to have the Countries interests first beyond anything else. If that means invading a Country to ensure we have oil supplies for another 20 years then that is what has to be done. There are things that have been published on Wikileaks that should have been kept secret - the war in Afghanistan for instance, things happen in war that are terrible, innocent people die, but if the media stayed out of it and let the Army do there job there wouldnt have been so many of the army forces die out there and perhaps the job would have been done a while back.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The purpose of the government is to have the Countries interests first beyond anything else. If that means invading a Country to ensure we have oil supplies for another 20 years then that is what has to be done. There are things that have been published on Wikileaks that should have been kept secret - the war in Afghanistan for instance, things happen in war that are terrible, innocent people die, but if the media stayed out of it and let the Army do there job there wouldnt have been so many of the army forces die out there and perhaps the job would have been done a while back.

so your greed and comfort is so important
that you would sacrifice innocent human beings for it?

spoken like a true anthropophagus

edit on 19-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

so your greed and comfort is so important
that you would sacrifice innocent human beings for it?

spoken like a true anthropophagus

Word it how you want - it is the reality of the world that we live in.

Our government jobs is to look after the Countries interests, its selfish but I want my Country to look after me and my family and the future of my Country - what happens overseas, if it benefits my Country then Bravo.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by youwillneverknow

better stop while you're ahead
you've allready admitted to being a cannibal and exponent of human sacrifice
now you've admitted to being complicit to war crimes.
as well as being a government tool.

Judgement approaches

expect us.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by youwillneverknow

better stop while you're ahead
you've allready admitted to being a cannibal and exponent of human sacrifice
now you've admitted to being complicit to war crimes.
as well as being a government tool.

Judgement approaches

expect us.

:-) I am waiting lol

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
This case is a bit ridiculous. What crime has he committed on US soil?

I think this says it well...
www.wsws.org...

We all know he'll eventually be handed over to the U.S. and face extreme punishment whether it's right or wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Manning was not tortured so please provide your source that says he is.

guess he fell.

And yes you are correct we did not sign the Geneva Convention until 1949 so I guess we didn't go against any agreements not to use Weapons of Mass Destruction on another country when we dropped two weapons of mass destruction.

So vaporizing tens of thousands of people in two days and leaving hundreds of thousands orphaned, burned and to die from radiation sickness (total was put at around 700,000 is morally a-okay in your book.

Just like people there are nice countries and ruthless countries................America is corrupted to the core and ruthless in my book.

Make up all the excuses you want but false flag operations, government coups, arranged assassinations, buying and selling arms and drugs, experimenting with biological and chemical weapons of mass destruction again are a-okay in your book along with imprisoning and torture.

I show these as examples of the type of mentality that has been running our country and now our planet.

I'm not going to even try to change your mind or wake you up because it's next to impossible to change someone's core belief.

In my own opinion, our country is corrupt to the core.

Time and history if written correctly will prove me write.

Assange and Manning went against a tyrannical government and exposed corruption.

What the Powers That Be call treason is a call to arms for fighting the tyranny, lies and deceit that have spread across our planet.

edit on 19-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Xcathdra

Manning was not tortured so please provide your source that says he is.

guess he fell.

And yes you are correct we did not sign the Geneva Convention until 1949 so I guess we didn't go against any agreements not to use Weapons of Mass Destruction on another country when we dropped two weapons of mass destruction.

So vaporizing tens of thousands of people in two days and leaving hundreds of thousands orphaned, burned and to die from radiation sickness (total was put at around 700,000 is morally a-okay in your book.

Just like people there are nice countries and ruthless countries................America is corrupted to the core and ruthless in my book.

Make up all the excuses you want but false flag operations, government coups, arranged assassinations, buying and selling arms and drugs, experimenting with biological and chemical weapons of mass destruction again are a-okay in your book along with imprisoning and torture.

I show these as examples of the type of mentality that has been running our country and now our planet.

I'm not going to even try to change your mind or wake you up because it's next to impossible to change someone's core belief.

In my own opinion, our country is corrupt to the core.

Time and history if written correctly will prove me write.

Assange and Manning went against a tyrannical government and exposed corruption.

What the Powers That Be call treason is a call to arms for fighting the tyranny, lies and deceit that have spread across our planet.

The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved countless lives - it ended the 2nd World War and was completely necessary in my opinion. More people would have perished had the war continued.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved countless lives - it ended the 2nd World War and was completely necessary in my opinion. More people would have perished had the war continued.

long debunked as false
the bombing of hiroshima was an act of terror for the purpose
of claiming world hegemony

in fact, emperor hirohito's offer of surrender
and was even more generous with its terms
than what eventually was demanded

it is thanks to the sacrifces made by Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, which included their very lives
that we are not living under a monstrous world tyranny

ps

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread873077/pg1

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

You really should research items before posting and claiming they are someone who they are not.

The picture is not of Pvt. Bradley Manning,

It belongs to Kenneth Bradley Manning, who is in custody in Marion county Oregon for probation violations.

Anything else you would like to post that we can correct? This is exactly what I am talking about with people. You don't bother to do the research.. You just assume something and go with it. It took me 2 minutes to figure out that the person in the pic is not Pvt. Manning.

I have no issues with people being pissed at the government and wanting accountability. However, those people should take the time to understand the situation and to verify information instead of closing their eyes, sticking their fingers in the ears while making sounds so they cant hear anything else.

If you are mistaken on the picture you posted what else might you be mistaken on?

Other sources -
Meet the “Other” (Kenneth) Bradley Manning
Kenneth Bradley Manning

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
LOL!

CNN BREAKING NEWS: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, making his first public remarks from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London where he is holed up, called on President Obama on Sunday to "do the right thing."
edit on 19-8-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

long debunked as false

No actually it has not been debunked as false but nice try.

Secondly it has nothing to do with Assange, Sweden or the UK..

or Kenneth Bradley Manning for that matter either.

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
LOL!

CNN BREAKING NEWS: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, making his first public remarks from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London where he is holed up, called on President Obama on Sunday to "do the right thing."

Which would be what?

there are no charges pending against Assange from the US.
there is no extradition request for assange from the US.

What does he want Obama to do? Pardon Kenneth Bradley Manning of Oregon?

Wouldnt the right thing be Assange going to Sweden?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

long debunked as false

No actually it has not been debunked as false but nice try.

Secondly it has nothing to do with Assange, Sweden or the UK..

or Kenneth Bradley Manning for that matter either.

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
LOL!

Which would be what?

there are no charges pending against Assange from the US.
there is no extradition request for assange from the US.

What does he want Obama to do? Pardon Kenneth Bradley Manning of Oregon?

Wouldnt the right thing be Assange going to Sweden?

Exactly - Assange is accused of rape - nothing to do with USA, he is basically hiding behind his Wikileaks affiliation and trying to divert the attention away from his rape accusation.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join