Mainstream Medias attempts at influencing your opinion in the middle east.

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
As many of us are aware, hundreds of threads have been popping up on a daily basis regarding developing issues in the middle east.

Not only has this provided the ATS community with a valuable source of information but has also provided us with a time line to deconstruct the pattern of information provided that could be intended to influence public opinion.

I hope to construct a visible timeline to illustrate the transition of articles justifying the Western opinion of interfering in the middle east.

This thread has begun after i observed this news article and its title.

Israeli could attack Iran without causing a major war in the region

The information was nothing really new, but the Guardian, UK edition has put a interesting title and in my opinion is a obvious attempt at justifying further deployment into the Arab Spring.

Syrian Rebels Said to Be Holding Elite Fighters From Iran

This article was popular as it basically draws another connection between Syria where active western interest has been observed, and Iran. Lets continue on along the bread crumbs..

Obama bemoans 'barbaric' terror attack in Bulgaria

A bomb exploded on a bus carrying Israeli youth in a Bulgarian resort Wednesday, killing at least six people and wounding 32, officials said. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called it "an Iranian terror attack" and promised a tough response.

We all remember this story, were Iran was to blame in a terror attack on a bus in Bulgaria, source USA today.

Senior Iranian official threatens Israel with destruction

Again nothing new in reality, but just another headline justifying a negative mentality on the country.

EDIT: Sorry posted early still working..
edit on 18-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: Posted to Early -

Barak: We must make Iran decision now

I found this article interesting posted on August 16/2012 were..

Defense Minister Ehud Barak continued to address speculation of a possible military attack against Iran on Thursday during the Knesset plenum, and explained why a decision on Iran must be made now.

Barak said that dealing with a nuclear Iran would be incomparably more dangerous and more expensive.

Interesting when on August 9/2012 the Washington has this news article to justify our fears of a Irans nuclear program

Iran closing in on its goal: Nuclear weaponization

“As far as we know it brings the American assessment much closer to ours ... it makes the Iranian issue even more urgent and (shows it is) less clear and certain that we will know everything in time about their steady progress toward military nuclear capability.”

Quite a bread trail indeed. From the few articles I have posted we can see a pattern...`developing Issue`leads to `Justification``

Thus far it seems that the western powers to be are utilizing the MSM to dish out these headlines in hopes to finding a issue in which the majority of the public rally behind.

I have not even gotten into the news articles about the rebels in Syria or the Assad regime, to justify a greater end..

I hope to draw attention, though i presume most of you had made the connection already, to the blatant and obvious attempts to lure the public along a trail of disinformation or sensationalist rubbish.
edit on 18-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Again this trail stretches back years and this is just the tip of ice berg. I am glad that in my time with ATS i have found several cohorts that share a similar belief and practice good researching skills to uncover the truth.

All i ask is do not rely on a single source to determine the true facts of a situation, MSM, blogs, tweets, facebook, scholarly texts, journals and credible websites are all sources and tools at your disposal.

Denying ignorance can be a lot of work sometimes

Disclaimer: I do not presume that this articles are fact or fiction, its the headlines and the subtle message being conveyed through scare-tactic headlines and bold text is what i am addressing here.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Still working. Will reserve this post for additional sources due to my accidental early post.

thank you for you understanding.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I completely agree with you on this.
S & F for you here.

Personally, my interest in all of this has nothing to do with who is "right" and who is "wrong".
Both countries, Iran and Israel, are throwing out some major accusations, and in light of everything going on in the middle east, this will get ugly.
The MSM has actually covered these issues very little from what I can see. And, what they ARE talking about, is VERY pro-Israel. I can't help but to have flash-backs of Bush talking about "weapons of mass destruction" every time I see what we are being fed.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This all reminds me somehow of the Cold War in my youth, and "mutually assured destruction" (MAD).

The only difference is that not all the pop stars of the world are singing songs on how the Israelis and Iranians should hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Maybe they think it's not important because if these countries nuke each other it will be safely contained within their borders.
That would not be the case.
Their fight will affect us all.

So how about it rappers and rockers?
Where's our songs about peace between Iran and Israel?
I want to see Lady Gaga uniting the hands of Israeli and Iranian politicians.
We should all encourage more peace and demand it.
We should have special concerts across the globe to unite Israel and Iran.
edit on 18-8-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
This all reminds me somehow of the Cold War in my youth, and "mutually assured destruction" (MAD).

The only difference is that not all the pop stars of the world are singing songs on how the Israelis and Iranians should hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Maybe they think it's not important because if these countries nuke each other it will be safely contained within their borders.

So how about it rappers and rockers?
Where's our songs about peace between Iran and Israel?
I want to see Lady Gaga uniting the hands of Israeli and Iranian politicians.
We should all encourage more peace and demand it.
We should have special concerts across the globe to unite Israel and Iran.

I'm all about "tree-hugging". In fact I am referred to as the "hippy child" within my family.
But, I don't think any amount of singing or hand holding will stop what is coming.
Both of these countries feel that they are right.
Israel will not back down unless Iran stops what they are doing... end of story.
Iran will not stop what they are doing just because someone else is telling them to...especially Israel.

If these two countries nuke each other the effects will NOT be contained within their countries alone. Have you seen the map? Do you realize just how small Israel really is and how many countries surround them? Not to mention the political and economic impact it will have on the entire planet. If these countries really do get into this "conflict" there are many other countries (first and foremost the US) who will immediately become involved. The middle east as we know it will collapse and (I believe) China will cash in their chips. This is exactly what they have been waiting for. The US economy is crap, we are in the middle of an election year, our spending is out of control...
IF we end up involved in this it will be a long, expensive, war.
IF we end up fighting China as well as Iran, where does that leave us, the citizens of the US... our country is already struggling within it's borders and we will have no more money to borrow.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

Well perhaps the good news is that with mutually assured destruction war usually doesn't happen.
It's simply too risky and suicidal.
At least I do hope I'm right.

But to channel everything to dismantlement on either side we could let them know that the whole world loves them and wants peace, and they are brothers and sisters in the Middle East.

We could do with some of the spirit of the 1980s.
Obama could say to Israel like Reagan - "Break down that wall".
And he could say to Iran - "Stop your nuclear energy projects, because we kinda know they're not for energy".

I mean who knows what could be if leaders were sincere?
OK Pakistan might still nuke India, and the Koreans might nuke each other.

But everyone could learn if we made a good song like "We are the world" about Israel and Iran.
Politicians can't ignore all the people at once.

edit on 18-8-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I truly wish, with all my heart, that you were right on this. I would like nothing more than to see the citizens of this planet come together and stand up for what is truly right. But, it will not work. If nothing else, the governments of the world hold more power than their people. Sad, but true. It would take every person in every nation rising up to actually make a true difference, and there are to many people brain-washed by the MSM and their governments for this to happen effectively.
I see change in our futures, just not any where near soon enough to stop this one.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

I agree with you here. It appears its the best interest of these media companies and governments as well to continually provide biased news that have an agenda behind it.

Another topic I did not mention but is ask critical as the main stream media we see everyday, it's the news we don't hear about. The Syrian executions are a good example of this. It is not in the best interest of western governments to show the group their supporting, Syrian rebels, executing people in cold blood. Just does not line up with our western mentality. Therefore they do no let this make news made public.

new topics

top topics

join