It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver swerves to avoid moose, hits bear instead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
As I head to bed, I had to share this rather inspirational story.

OSLO (Reuters) - A Norwegian driver who swerved his car on a rural road to avoid running into a moose hit a bear instead, authorities said on Thursday.

The driver spotted the moose on a country road near Hanestad, 225 kilometres north of Oslo, around midnight on Wednesday, and tried to go around the animal, not realizing that a bear was also nearby.

What could possibly be inspirational about this? Well... When one looks at the numbers, one has this to consider....

The country, nearly the size of Germany but home to just five million people, has around 100,000 moose and 150 brown bears, authorities said.
Source

However bad your day is and however bad things are going, they can always be worse. Someone out there is proving it, as you read this.

Now how is that for bad luck??

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
No good deed goes unpunished ... as they say.

Sad about the bear

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
That is probably the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've heard all week. Shame about the bear but wow are those some odds.

Makes me think the strangest things though. How do you not see a bear? Why was a bear so close to this moose? Was he chasing him? Did he save the moose from the bear? Was the bear simply a friend of the moose? Did the moose set up an elaborate trap to kill the bear?

Either way hearing stories like this makes me happy to live in a city. The only thing that can jump out in front of me is pigeons and raccoons. And pedestrians too I guess.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
That's one of those days where you just feel like "It's a dog eat dog world and you're stuck wearing milkbone underwear".

We've all been there and done that for sure.
It's always good to keep reminding yourself that things could always be worse and no matter how bad you have it....somebody else does indeed have it a lot worse than you do.

Thanks for sharing!

ETA - That my last name is Murphy. Sometimes I feel like Murphy's Law likes to beat the hell out of me just for irony's sake.

edit on 8/18/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I can only imagine the shame that bear felt the moment it got hit as it's dinner was nearly prepared for it.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Bears are the number 1 threat to America.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Stuff happens I guess...........................

new topics

top topics

join