It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 Independent Economists Support Romney's Plan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Debt, wealth, balancing the budget, running a surplus, running a deficit.... blah, blah, blah....

All of these things are meaningless when you are dealing with a fiat currency whose value comes from the fact that it constantly appreciates in number, thus giving the appearance of wealth.
It matters not if it reduces in value when you are holding the majority of the world hostage through an oil monopoly, especially since the world markets are on a "dollar standard" for trade in petroleum.

You know petroleum right?
The lifeblood of the world.

America is the world's dollar bill producing heart, and since the economy's blood must be constantly producing more and more dollars to make up for a constantly expanding world economy, the more debt that is needed.
Debt is pegged to population.

If the population grows, then more debt is needed.

All this bluster about debt being so big and bad is all made up, even the notion of debt is a fantasy folks.

The dollar bill's value doesn't even matter at this point. The game is rigged and every other country, save IRAN and NORTH KOREA, build their entire economic platform around the dollar bill.

The world knows that more dollar bills are needed to grease the wheels of an ever inflating world economy.
They are going to play along.
They may act like it pisses them off, but yet they continually debase their own currency through quantitative easing in order to maintain par with the dollar.
They are all bought and paid for.

Debt is all about perspective and if you feel like it has you trapped, then it's a prison of your own making.

We live in a world where literally anything is possible through innovation.

Maybe, yes, sometimes innovation that sets people free from the economic shackles that everyone seems to hate but secretly adores, is frowned upon, and a few of those people see the danger of their existence to the world economy and in efficient form, they suicide themselves.

Collateral damage.
As the embryo grows in form, it consumes the vital nutrients that surrounds it in the eggsack.

We don't need less of anything, but more of everything.

If we take massive amounts of money out of the world economy that it needs to continue, which it does, then this creates exactly what we are seeing now.
Depression.
Literally.

We need more debt.

We need lots of it.

As much as we can get.

Because we can use it to make our dreams come true.
We just need to make sure that those dreams know how to create and build more dreams capable of taking on more debt.

That is the object of the entire world economy. Is it not?

It doesn't matter who is chosen... I mean... voted upon to be president.

The prosperity of the future lies with you and your willingness to harness a massive debtload.
The future of the world rests with debt, on your back.

Lots of it.

Please debt. Come and save us. You are our only hope.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Reads like hype to me.
Only 400 independent economists out of the thousands that are out there?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

The other "thousands of economists" dictated the "economic policy" we have today.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
We have 5 pages of;
The 400 economists are stupid
What? Only 400 economists?
They were not the "right" kind of economists.
they don't understand the economy.
You suck.

And still, we have no-one providng 400 economists that support Obama's economic policies.

Why can't you folks just admit, Obama doesn't have a clue. No economists endorse Obama's economic plans.

But the economists do endorse Romneys plan.

Time to wake up. I'll pour you a cup of remorse.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Beezer, I think you had too much coffee this morning. LOL

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't think it matters if 400 economists agree. We are past fixing without some kind of a big reset. Anything done now is too little, too late.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Beezer, I think you had too much coffee this morning. LOL

Actually, it's a case of too much "smart-ass".

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Reduce marginal tax rates on business and wage incomes and broaden the tax base to increase investment, jobs, and living standards.

Sounds good to me.

End the exploding federal debt by controlling the growth of spending so federal spending does not exceed 20 percent of the economy.

Biggest problem here is that the federal debt / spending is the only thing keeping us afloat at the moment. Once the gravy train stops, we are all going to see how bad things really are. Coming sooner or later, I prefer sooner as I am not getting any younger.

Restructure regulation to end “too big to fail,” improve credit availability to entrepreneurs and small businesses, and increase regulatory accountability, and ensure that all regulations pass rigorous benefit-cost tests.

I like this, but I don't see any politician doing this, as the "too big to fails" invest heavily into both Obama / Romney campaigns. This is why Goldman Sachs won't get looked at in the LIBOR scandal.

Improve our Social Security and Medicare programs by reducing their growth to sustainable levels, ensuring their viability over the long term, and protecting those in or near retirement.

Cut them off altogether at one point and let the people look after themselves. I understand that some have put into this all their lives, they should still be covered, but for the rest of us.....we got screwed.

I will admit, not knowledgeable enough about the health care system to make a comment about it.

Promote energy policies that increase domestic production, enlarge the use of all western hemisphere resources, encourage the use of new technologies, end wasteful subsidies, and rely more on market forces and less on government planners.

Slippery slope, there needs to be a mix of the two......but what NEEDS TO HAPPEN now is get rid of cronyism, get the corporations out of government.

The problem I have with Romney is he has flip flopped throughout his career and that to me makes everything he says circumspect. Now Obama, I have a TON OF PROBLEMS with him. More stimilus, more entitlement, essentially everything he stands for is unsustainable.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Romney's not my first choice and he's not my last choice either. It seems like the best GOP candidate can never make it out of the primaries. Every election cycle, year after year there's always a "factor" that has prevented the best GOP candidate from being put forward. If you know anything about GOP primaries, they are much different than their Democratic counterpart. GOP primaries is where the real manipulation begins.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I thought one of the big issues was that Romney never provided a details of his economic plan. Just a general outline with no explanation of how things would be funded. How can these people come to a conclusion on a plan that has yet to be published in detail? Or did I miss a memo somewhere? I mean it's great to say we're gionna lower taxes, throw out regulation, create millions of jobs and get the uneployment rate down to 4-1/2% but, as they say, the devil is in the details.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Excuse me, but after 4 years...WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by RealSpoke

Do you know anything about George Soros? Do you know he just cashed in all of his billions on financial stock assets and bought physical gold?

Our financial system is just about to crash. Can you comment on George Soro's affiliations?

At least the Koch Brothers make toilet paper.

apparently YOU don't know anything about george soros:
seekingalpha.com...

again...check the internet thingy before you write....this took me about 45 seconds to find

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by jtma508

Excuse me, but after 4 years...WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

ask your republican congressmen...here's their record so far in 2012
republicanjobcreation.com...

this doesn't even take into account the hundreds of blocked jobs and economic bills that they filabustered over the previous years.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

JimmyX, It's convenient to blame isn't it? Obama is The President. It's his ECONOMY, not the Congress. We can also say the same under Bush, with the DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY in Both Houses of CONGRESS, unemployment was much higher!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Obama Didn't Keep His Promise That Unemployment Would Be Under 8% After 4 Years, So Why Should We Re-Elect Him?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The problem with reports like this , people don't realize how many economists are in the united states! In the US there are 14400 Economists.

If 400 support Romney, that is 2.78% out of all Economists in the US. That is nothing, let's say 5% is not good at their job, how many of that 5% are included in that big ol'2.78%. That is the problem with the blanket statements from these so called professionals?
Source

They tried to do the same thing with Physicans and Obamacare, don't believe the hype!

Please do not be mislead by this propaganda! Bush and his campaign never even went this low....but hey go support RomneyRyan 2012! You can even drive to the polls in your Toyota to support America!

edit on 8/19/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Obama Didn't Keep His Promise That Unemployment Would Be Under 8% After 4 Years, So Why Should We Re-Elect Him?

For starters the Republican controlled Senate blocked everything Obama tried to do to fix unemployment, but republicans only care about their paycheck and not America's !

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That is just your opinion of many, WE WILL GO SUPPORT ROMNEY/RYAN! Thank you for your input.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Go back and read my posts on this thread and you'll understand me better.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

That is just your opinion of many, WE WILL GO SUPPORT ROMNEY/RYAN! Thank you for your input.

No opinion it's called math!

Source

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join