It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 Independent Economists Support Romney's Plan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by bl4ke360

Most of the Presidents have been...actually...and it doesn't piss me off if someone else is rich, as long as I'm not poor to make that happen. Economically.. Well... Heck.. The rich Presidents happen to have had the better terms, as it just so happens.

Which presidents were billionaires? You said "most" so I assume it's over half of them? I can't recall even one, so good luck with your reply.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Well, in estimated terms, Kennedy was... I'd noted the link to the stats on that, so you can check the second msg on that thread with sources for the methods used to determine that figure Kennedy's Modern day dollars in net worth. Considering his heir status to the family money though.....I'll buy the number.

However, in terms of being wealthy to the point of money being of little personal interest...(which, I was referring to..Sorry if 1 billion as a precise figure was your criteria) most of them were independently wealthy and very comfortably so before ever coming to Office. Power and Legacy have traditionally driven Presidents on a personal level...and Legacy usually means the Nation overall is doing well as a side benefit if nothing else.

It hasn't been pretty to see one who seems to have little concern for legacy...and thats personal opinion, so no links. (sigh)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by MrWendal

You obviously don't read any real news. Turn off your t.v.and MSNBC, get some facts. Informed people have seen this mess coming for a long time, even before the 2008 debacle.

I have a better idea, try not making assumptions about people you know nothing about based on a sentence or two. It really makes you look very foolish.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Most of the Presidents have been...actually...and it doesn't piss me off if someone else is rich, as long as I'm not poor to make that happen. Economically.. Well... Heck.. The rich Presidents happen to have had the better terms, as it just so happens.

Which presidents were billionaires? You said "most" so I assume it's over half of them? I can't recall even one, so good luck with your reply.

The closest one to a billionaire was..............

George Washington !!!

Today's money = $525 million.

the rest were all at least "gazillionaires"

quite a few under 1 million .... Lincoln was under 1 million.

The Net Worth Of The American Presidents: Washington To Obama

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'd say the theory that humble beginnings lead to poor economic performance can be forgiven in poor Abe's case. Fate kinda piled a mountain of other crap on his dinner plate. I'd feel guilty kicking him for a crappy economy too.

edit on 18-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
These threads from xuenchen are a complete waste of valuable ATS bandwith in my opinion. I work for an idiot who thinks the republicant party and it's dimwitted, lying candidates are gonna come in and save the good 'ol USA from the Democraps. I thought ATS was for denying ignorance, yet some people just ignorantly refuse to accept that the supposed elected officials form both sides are corruptly obliged to those that float them to super wealth with their soft money donations from K Street, Wall Street, and the new "corporations are people" ruling from our supremely corrupt court. But go ahead and keep posting your useless words. It's entertaing to watch your deIusional support keep you on the edge of your seat as every day you think your one step closer to being a part of "the winning team". I will be reading all posts from you until it is reported that your head exploded when you found out that Mr Obama is getting another run because that is how the PTB want it. Presidents are selected, not elected. Understanding that the banking system, not only here, but globally, is what keeps all humans in chains by owning the corrupt politicians from both partys, as well as securing their own positions within both party's cabinets, while keeping the constituency in different hierarchical levels of debt is the key to understanding the farce that has you believe your vote or blind support of said corruption has value. What is truly most mind blowing though, in all fairness is how many people that are not even close to being well off will support the blantantly elitist, self involved, openly bigoted people who call themselves good christian republicans. It is truly the same as a democrap worth multi-millions telling their own constituents that they support the working poor, and the same poor people thinking the rich democrap will save the poor when there finally is an epiphany and the great American dream will once again come to life. Understanding that the current state of affairs in our own country as well as the world is no accident, or coincidence. It will unfortunately take more of a sacrifice from all of us than simply voting and being on the winning side to reesstablish the American dream if it can even be posible any time soon. Quite frankly I feel sorry for anyone who just can't see through the smoke and mirrors of what is our supposed democratic way of government, even 400 delusional, lying economists

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 02bmw76
These threads from xuenchen are a complete waste of valuable ATS bandwith in my opinion. I work for an idiot who thinks the republicant party and it's dimwitted, lying candidates are gonna come in and save the good 'ol USA from the Democraps. I thought ATS was for denying ignorance, yet some people just ignorantly refuse to accept that the supposed elected officials form both sides are corruptly obliged to those that float them to super wealth with their soft money donations from K Street, Wall Street, and the new "corporations are people" ruling from our supremely corrupt court. But go ahead and keep posting your useless words. It's entertaing to watch your deIusional support keep you on the edge of your seat as every day you think your one step closer to being a part of "the winning team". I will be reading all posts from you until it is reported that your head exploded when you found out that Mr Obama is getting another run because that is how the PTB want it. Presidents are selected, not elected. Understanding that the banking system, not only here, but globally, is what keeps all humans in chains by owning the corrupt politicians from both partys, as well as securing their own positions within both party's cabinets, while keeping the constituency in different hierarchical levels of debt is the key to understanding the farce that has you believe your vote or blind support of said corruption has value. What is truly most mind blowing though, in all fairness is how many people that are not even close to being well off will support the blantantly elitist, self involved, openly bigoted people who call themselves good christian republicans. It is truly the same as a democrap worth multi-millions telling their own constituents that they support the working poor, and the same poor people thinking the rich democrap will save the poor when there finally is an epiphany and the great American dream will once again come to life. Understanding that the current state of affairs in our own country as well as the world is no accident, or coincidence. It will unfortunately take more of a sacrifice from all of us than simply voting and being on the winning side to reesstablish the American dream if it can even be posible any time soon. Quite frankly I feel sorry for anyone who just can't see through the smoke and mirrors of what is our supposed democratic way of government, even 400 delusional, lying economists

Your opinions are as good as anyone else's

Where else could you have voiced your anger other than right here ?

What shall Americans do about this entire dilemma anyway ?

Details are always welcome !!

btw, no Christmas card from me this year

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

George Soros and Koch bros are one in the same, all fascists. Both crony capitalists. Both globalists. Both plotting against everyone who is not in the .01%

edit on 18-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

You do realize that the people that are going to be hurt worse are the welfare people and the working poor when the dollar fails?

Yeah, and? The dollar is doomed to fail eventually. What is your point? Romney nor Obama can reverse the situation, it's already too far gone to stop.

What's going to happen when, in the inner-city, the welfare and debit cards for food stamps aren't filled, and the truckers delivering food aren't going to be working?

The same thing that will happen to all Americans who are not 100% self-sufficient, which is about 97% of the population.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

But we already know that the top 50 companies in the world control the other 85%

So that means that 400 'no such thing as independent' economists are probably being told to bleat exactly what they're told to by the same people backing everyone but Ron.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Still waiting for those 400 economists that support Obama's plan.

I know you Obama fans are reading this thread. You've posted enough hate to make Janeene Garafillo sweat work for a week!

How about some data kiddos?

Or is this thread just going to be a bucket of hate-vomit from the left?

edit on 18-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 02bmw76

That was quite a rant.

I think you better get used to the idea that President Mitt Romney will be moving into the

White House January 20, 2013. Try not to fall out of your chair when you see America

saved by - American Exceptionalism - once again.

- American Exceptionalism - Wiki

Stalin recognized its tremendous power and so shall you.

edit on 18-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Both Romney and Obama are driving the 98% over the cliff. The difference is that Obama has a mattress below and Romney nothing but concrete. With Romney we will hit bottom much quicker and the change we need will emerge much faster. If you think the system must be destroyed before we can fix it, then vote Romney, he's your man.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The Romney Plan makes sense.

Any educated person can see that.

I like this part the best:

Type this out and hang it on the wall.

--- Promote energy policies that increase domestic production, enlarge the use of all western

hemisphere resources, encourage the use of new technologies, end wasteful subsidies and

rely more on market forces and -- less -- on government planners. ---

Increasing domestic production by lifting the offshore moratorium will swing the speculators

into action and send the price of gas into a free fall.

Cheap gas translates into more disposable income for the middle class.

Consumer spending is 67% of our economy.

Stop the ethanol disaster. We need the corn to feed people. -- S E V E R E - D R O U G H T --

Stop pouring it into our gas tanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You do realize that Obama is a Nobel winner too? I think that just proves how the Nobel prize is just bull...

secondly, I highly doubt all of these independent economists had any problem with the Bush economic policy and the FEDs destructive inflation.....

Thirdly, a few short blurbs of campaign bull crap hardly amounts to a plan.....

Romney will not win by design....

If only Democrats were smart enough to let MCPain and his lackey take the office since it didn't matter who was president the economy could not turn around on a dime... the republican party would be dead....

that is the open secret Republicans don't want to talk about....

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
how many of these economists drive bmw's ?

how many are on food stamps ?

migfht as well say trump likes the plan, lol

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Still waiting for those 400 economists that support Obama's plan.

I know you Obama fans are reading this thread. You've posted enough hate to make Janeene Garafillo sweat work for a week!

How about some data kiddos?

Or is this thread just going to be a bucket of hate-vomit from the left?

edit on 18-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Mittens will keep the same banksters just as Obummer did and things will remain the same.. more or less

no justice, no regulation and no accountability except for the little people!
edit on 18-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

You do realize that Obama is a Nobel winner too? I think that just proves how the Nobel prize is just bull...

secondly, I highly doubt all of these independent economists had any problem with the Bush economic policy and the FEDs destructive inflation.....

Thirdly, a few short blurbs of campaign bull crap hardly amounts to a plan.....

Romney will not win by design....

If only Democrats were smart enough to let MCPain and his lackey take the office since it didn't matter who was president the economy could not turn around on a dime... the republican party would be dead....

that is the open secret Republicans don't want to talk about....

The Romney Plan makes sense.

- Did you even read it ? -

At least Romney has a plan. Chris Matthews is still waiting for the Obama plan.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
How many economists support Obama?

1?
2?

Slam the 400 all you want. But you'll not get the same to endorse Obama.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
How many economists support Obama?

1?
2?

Slam the 400 all you want. But you'll not get the same to endorse Obama.

I'll check back tomorrow! Not going to hold my breath.... They have nothing to stand on because the welcome mat was just pulled out from under their feet when Ryan was positioned as VP candidate.

Keep your eyes on the prize...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join