It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you like amateur music and google-image slide shows?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
So, I saw a thread recently titled something like "I dare you to find a stranger youtube video than this" and it was pretty weird! (But, it was kind of gross, so I'm not going to post a link.)

However, I always thought some of my youtube vids were always some of the strangest, most random bits of obscurity and mediocrity around. Those who know me best know that I've been experimenting for a while trying to find the winning formula for becoming a youtube sensation without really doing anything worthy of attention!

So, a friend and I record some of our jams sometimes (we're really at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to musical talent so don't be too harsh because we'd have to step it up just to be worthy of garage band status,) but we still know how to have fun with our music. Also, neither of us can really write lyrics or sing too well, so most of the time we end up just manipulating sound boards or sound bites in some way.

Hope you at least enjoy it a little bit. Mods, if this thread gets too much negative feedback, feel free to drop the guillotine (on the thread! not on me!). Without further wasting your time with text, here's our google-image music video:

www.youtube.com...

Hey, you had plenty of warning in the title and synopsis! Don't blame me for wasting 2 minutes of your life.
edit on 18-8-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
You have a way to go yet, 3 views a month, WOW lol

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Where did you find that stat? I pulled in 8,585 channel views in the last 30 days with 16,205 lifetime channel views. I get over a hundred hits a day on a couple of my more mainstream and practical videos.

But yeah...I'm looking more for the hundreds of thousands of views range. A pie-in-the-sky silly goal, but a goal nonetheless.

(you are correct though that my more personal, "experimental" videos don't pull in many views.) The posted video above hasn't even been posted for 48 hours.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I played it loud...and I have to tell you,It made me horny
....seriously,I'm beside myself.

Your jams remind me of Zappa for some reason

edit on 18-8-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Haha yeah! I am the drummer. But my friend and I are well-versed in the classics. It is pretty Zappa-esque, isn't it? Both the guitar licks and the video and song itself as a whole. Zappa might be a little bit proud. ATS, probably not so much.

It was kind of funny when we thought about doing this video. I kept saying, "Play it funkier! It needs more funk!" And sure enough, it got pretty funky with that wah pedal.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I'm not sure what I just experienced but I think I want more.

That was probably the most awkward thing I've stumbled onto today.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals
I'm not sure what I just experienced but I think I want more.

That was probably the most awkward thing I've stumbled onto today.

That's what I strive for haha. Everybody has creative potential in them. And sometimes people just have to make strange youtube videos with rockin' music. This was an example of the latter.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I will now be linking this to anyone that tries to talk to me too early in the morning. It will make them feels as uncomfortable as I feel when you e-mail me at 8am because your cat did something cute.

I need new friends...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I liked it........then again I like most things that people try and do something a bit different....it's good to play around..........

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I love your music! I am a huge fan of the drums! I tried to learn how to play once when a friend used our house to store his set, but couldn't get the hang of it.

I would like to make a request..... Could you do a drum solo for us? I LOVE THE DRUMS!

Cool video too. S&F

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

What luck! I am going to be making my first ever video of me playing trap-set drums! It should be posted on youtube sometime this weekend. You, Sled735, will be the first to know about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by sled735

What luck! I am going to be making my first ever video of me playing trap-set drums! It should be posted on youtube sometime this weekend. You, Sled735, will be the first to know about it.

OH, YEA!!!!!! I can't wait to hear it!
Thank you!

new topics

top topics

join