It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Yarn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
yarn [yahrn]
noun

[A tale, story of adventure or incredible happenings: He spun a yarn that outdid any I had ever heard].

~

So anyhow here it is,

I had this friend who lived in Australia, smart feller the type that doesn't venture out much; in fact I hadn't seen him in over 6months. So I figured I'd give him a call to see how he's doing, he invites me over for some coffee, says he's got something to show me.

When I arrived outside, the house looked almost deserted but you could hear him.
The moonlight was enough to see me down the driveway towards the lab as he called it; He loved to tinker with just about anything.

"Muzz, how are ya mate?" he asked with a smile.
"Yeah I'm good thanks and you?" I ask rhetorically "So what's cracking?"

"Ya know that night we hit the whiskey and I fell over and smashed my head?"
"Oh yeah, man what a messy night." I have flashbacks of his fractured skull.

"Well since then I have been able to think clearer, don't ask me how, it just feels like my mind is overly focused, its been nothing but crazy idea after crazy idea I put em together and this is where I'm at.."

As he speaks he makes his way towards the triangle shaped object covered with an old green army tarp.

I have to be honest, when he showed me I had no idea what I was looking at, it was a triangle shaped vehicle by the looks of it, made out of some white plastic material, it stood upright about the width of a man and then some, enough for a seat and controls but no wheels, I guess on second thoughts it looked more like a high tech cockpit perhaps, strange and very interesting.

"So what is it?" I asked.

"I have no idea man, but what I do know is that it works!" he said enthusiastically.

"It works? What do you mean? It works?"

"After I built the power supply, I ran the first set of tests, that's when I noticed it happening, so I beefed it up a little and strapped a chair to it to see what was really going on." he chuckled.

"Umm, you do know about death, right? Did you even consider that you might have, oh I dunno, died maybe?"

"Death doesn't matter anymore man, that's what I'm talking about. Just stand back and watch." his body language suggested he knew something I obviously didn't.

I stood back against the wall as he climbed into this odd shaped triangle machine.

"Righto here goes nothing," he chuffed with a smile.

With that he flicked a switch, in that instant my vision seemed to flex or buckle sharply then a blast of air blew everything around the room. It caught me off guard, when I composed myself I noticed that the machine was gone. This thing would have easily been around half a tonne. I was shocked, so shocked that I didn't even realize the sun coming up outside. Lost in thought, trying to comprehend what just happened I had unconsciously waited 5 hours for him to return, but nothing.

To this day no one has ever heard or seen from him since.

What should I do? Call the cops and explain what happen that night.

My mate is gone, exited from this reality via that strange triangle machine.
Do I deserve a padded cell for having the strangest day of my life?

No one ever believes me.

Muzz

work in progress.
feedback always welcome.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Something I expect, to hear after a few pints............

Good story !!

More detail would make it, even more believable, with a touch of truth........

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Maybe more about your mate; something so we feel something for him now that's he gone. Did he want to leave? Why? ... just some thoughts. Fun tale.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I'm still working on filling this out some more. i totally agree, it screams for more info, i reckon

Thanks for your reply's guys,

Muzz

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Yarn [yahrn] v2
noun;

[A tale, story of adventure or incredible happenings: He spun a yarn that outdid any I had ever heard].

~

So anyhow, here it is, believe it or not,

I had this friend who lived in Australia, a smart feller the type of character that doesn't venture out to much. Mick always had a thing about, "not wasting time with the trivial crap", he used to say, "look at em, they waste to much time, we have so much catching up to do."; in fact, I hadn't seen Mick in over 6months. So I figured I'd give him a call to see how he's doing, he invited me over for a couple of beers, said he's got something to show me.

When I arrived outside, the house looked almost deserted but you could hear him down the back. The moonlight was enough to see me down the driveway towards "the lab" as he called it; He loved to tinker with just about anything.

"Muzz, how are ya mate?" he asked with that long white bearded smile of his.
"Yeah I'm good thanks and you?" I ask rhetorically "So what's cracking?"

Handing me a cold beer, he says, "Ya know that night we hit the whiskey a while back and I fell over and smashed my head?"

Flashbacks now of his fractured skull and the blood, "Oh yeah, mate, what a messy night that was."

"Well since then I have been able to think clearer, don't ask me how, it just feels like my mind is overly focused, its been nothing but crazy idea after crazy idea, I just had to put em all together and this is where I'm at now.."

As he speaks he makes his way towards the triangle shaped object covered with an old green army tarp, whatever it was it was big.

I have to be honest, even when he showed me I had no idea what I was looking at, it was a triangle shaped vehicle by the looks of it, imagine the shape of a pool table rack standing on its end, made out of some white solid plastic material, it stood upright about the width of a man and then some, in the center, enough for a seat and controls but no wheels, I guess on second thoughts it looked more like a high tech cockpit perhaps, strange and very interesting.

"So what is it?" I asked as my eyes tried to soak it all up.
"I have no idea man, but what I do know is that it works!" he said enthusiastically.

"It works? What do you mean? It works Mick?"

"After I built the power supply, I ran the first set of tests, that's when I noticed it happening, it seemed to skip from one end of the room to the other, as if to blink from point A to point B in an instant, so I just had to beef it up a little and strap a chair to it to see what was really going on, ya know." he chuckled with a fearless crazy smile.

"Umm Mick, you do know about death, right? Did you even consider that you might have, oh I dunno, died maybe?"

"Death doesn't matter anymore man, that's what I'm talking about. Just stand back and watch." his body language suggested he knew something I obviously didn't, but I was about to get enlightened, ninja fast.

I stood back against the wall as he climbed into this odd shaped machine.

Slurping a final swig from his beer he chuffed with a wiry smile, "Righto mate, here goes nothing,"

With that he flicked a switch, in that instant my vision seemed to flex or buckle sharply then a blast of air blew everything around the room. It caught me off guard, when I composed myself I noticed that the machine was gone. This thing would have easily been around half a tonne. I think I was in shock, I didn't even realize the sun coming up outside. Lost in thought, trying to comprehend what just happened I must have waited a few hours for him to return, but in the end, nothing.

To this day no one has ever seen Mick again.

What should I do? Call the cops and explain what happen that night, yeah right, we all know how that would turn out. I have heard of the problems that arise when you have something they don't want you to have.

My mate Mick is gone, not dead, just exited from this reality via that strange triangle machine, I saw this with my own two eyes, and I know what I saw was real, I have proof.

Do I deserve a padded cell for having the strangest day of my life? No, like Mick always said, I got better things to do with my time now.

I don't care if people believe the yarn; I just want to thank Mick for the envelope he left behind, where ever you are mate, cheers for the data!

Muzz

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Much better my friend !

top topics

join