It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do so many fear our government? you dont fear your dog do you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Many people of the United States of America are struggling immensely due to the current overall state. Understanding concepts economic based - monetary policy, banks, credit, valuation of time and effort - it's all there to weigh in on as long as you're an American. I believe that's where a lot has been lost in terms of the people's traction within systems that affect us - by our lack of collective voice and action.

At this rate, I see it being a matter of 5 to 10 years, stagnating the way it is, for major issues to crop up in the form of debt and inability to work enough jobs or time, to earn enough to live. The crunch coming from the baby boomers into retirement, when jobs finally become available, will be huge! Health care is one place to start on seeing the impact. For this reason, I believe the people will most likely need the next coming 'Bail out'. Not some 'too-big-to firm' that utilizes the people's earned money to line executive pockets.

I believe we need the brightest thinkers in think tanks coming up with ways to do things differently, to hone in on problems, optimize systems with clear focus on the welfare of the people by way of income opportunity creation, to strengthen the economy in sound ways while helping people sustain basically.

We've seen systemic flaws since the 1800's, some were warned about that became integrated parts of the system, some have gone away, still some are here and some even, growing more powerful every day in comparison to your average person.

It sure is strange times we live in...

reply to post by inverslyproportional

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Great point! The dog in question is by no means a terrier, but the same rules apply. I have owned many dogs, of many breeds, large and small( to clarify, I didn't own them all, my parents (divorced so different dogs at differnt houses) owned a lot in my youth( including the german shepard that attacked me, I have the scars on my arms and head to prove the attack) ) I really don't see much difference. The .gov is owned by us because it provides services we desire( law oeder defense some social programs etc..) above that they are to do as their instructed by the people, they have assumed dominance, and now think they tell us. This is a mistake, they were always intended to serve us, not command us. There is a large difference between the twon.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

Starred for a response that was actually contributive to the topic of discussion.

I hope your right and it is that far out, I just don't see it that way though, I believe it to be much closer to than that though.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

It is ale so I bid you ado for the night, see you in the morining ATS.

Good evvening

IV

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
One day you'll understand

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

lol the psychotic delusion is strong with this one

why dont you post a video of you making emperor barry
or your local congress critter heel and fetch for you?

that said, i'll agree that they have forgotten their place
but in my experience just dealing with cops has required
the use of a combination of magical and psychological techniques
to project killing intent should they cross the line with me.

that would be beyond overkill with a dog.

you are also under the delusion that the system long ago
established by psychopaths and based on violence, is worth saving,
let alone participating in it, all you're doing is enabling IMO

anticipating your video, but wont hold my breath though.
would love to see you make the emperor
beg and fetch for you, good luck with that

edit on 18-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: forgot question mark

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have often thought the same thing. A government is absolutely necessary. Without it you wouldn't have much of the creature comforts we are used to. Police are necessary. Of course there are always a few bad seeds as there are in every profession. We need traffic lights, stop signs... Roads bridges... I could go on and on. And of course there is always the potential for the government to go bad. It has happened in other countries. It is possible it could happen here. Possible but not probable... Our government is unlike any other. Is it a mess right now? YES... But there is no better form of government than what our forefathers created.

Will tough times continue? Yes. Is it the government's fault? NO. It is everyone's fault. No one forced you to take out that mortgage or rack up all that credit card debt. We all lived above our means. We all dug this hole together... Now we sit around and demand the government fix our mess.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The problem as I see it is, this dog has masters that are not in agreement. It sees us as it's source of food (Money) period. It takes instructions from Small groups (PAC's) Knowing full well that it is not what is best for the pack (country). It has also learned how to devide and manipulate it's masters.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
People are currupt by nature. People want democracy. People elect others to represent them. (and we are back to the first sentence)

In a country suppossed to be free I am more likely to have property damaged or my body hurt, or killed by a mob demonstrating against the government - that by the government itself.

How often do we have riots (such as in LA) where the crowd damages property of private people while they are protesting against the police or the government. Same in London, Paris and everywhere else.

I'd feel safer with a government than mob rule anyday. the only thing that prevents mob rule in America is government and it's established forces.

Thank God I live on an island.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

I am not now nor have I ever advocated no government, I absolutely agree we need government. We just need government that serves its peoples best interests, not the interests of profits for corpporations that already have billions. Billions is now and always will be more than enough, for anyone that needs more than that, they are just absolutely greedy to the point of evil.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join