It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About my past threads and everyone's anger.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is the only appropriate thread for what I'm about to say.

What's the deal? It all started because I uploaded an image of Mars. Then I noticed something was going on with the NASA site so I posted it in real-time. The thread got a lot of attention.

About 70% of the last few threads are filled with anger. Why is that? All I was doing was trying to share an image. I put a lot of time into everything I have been doing so YOU folks could enjoy a high resolution panorama of Mars because NASA was dragging their feet and released a crumby (yes, crumby) version with missing data - all while that missing data was on the server the whole time. And I never asked for ANYTHING!!!

But that's not the point of THIS thread. Unless you want it to be (oh, how many will see that as a challenge). (SMH)

So yeah, I am angry because I was trying to do the right thing. I posted threads, they got a lot of attention that I wasn't expecting. Then people started spamming it, getting angry, derailing it, calling me names, and more.

So speak up! What's the deal?
edit on 8/17/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have actually said this in other threads. ATS is a microcosm of the world. Everything that you find out there you will find in here.

Expectations can be a fickle mistress. Are you mad at the response you got, or because you expected better of ATS?

BTW I did enjoy your giga.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Nasa's incompetance is nothing to get angry over.

They probably have more important things to focus on like making sure a billion dollar piece of hardware isn't lost.

And imagine if you work for NASA and don't qaulify for anything else but running their website.

I doubt they're wasting scarce intellectual resources on maintaining a smooth ruuninng website.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well,I sat on the side lines and actually appreciated reading your past few threads.Maybe you just struck a chord with someone....keep up the good work

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well and nicely defended, impaired. I did not see that thread passing through but now, I think I will.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You can't please all the people all the time.

I'm learning myself that if you just keep things simple and don't re-state your case over and over again, things will work out for you.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

What's the deal? It all started because I uploaded an image of Mars. Then I noticed something was going on with the NASA site so I posted it in real-time. The thread got a lot of attention.

About 70% of the last few threads are filled with anger. Why is that? All I was doing was trying to share an image. I put a lot of time into everything I have been doing so YOU folks could enjoy a high resolution panorama of Mars because NASA was dragging their feet and released a crumby (yes, crumby) version with missing data - all while that missing data was on the server the whole time. And I never asked for ANYTHING!!!

But that's not the point of THIS thread. Unless you want it to be (oh, how many will see that as a challenge). (SMH)

So yeah, I am angry because I was trying to do the right thing. I posted threads, they got a lot of attention that I wasn't expecting. Then people started spamming it, getting angry, derailing it, calling me names, and more.

If I had to guess...
I'd say it's because you created about six threads for what could really have been one single topic... which some people will complain about and say you were trolling for stars and flags.

I'm not complaining about that myself, because... well, frankly, I don't really care enough to get worked up over it, assuming that's even what you were doing in the first place (which it didn't seem like to me), but... yeah. That would be my guess. A few people stated as much during those threads.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Loved your panorama and enjoyed what you posted. Sorry it all went off so wrong :-(

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Brother your work is not in vain!
Your posts were interesting and informative.
Screw the people who cannot appreciate your hard work!
I for one was thoroughly impressed with your panoramic and threads like yours keep ATS alive.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

It's called disinformation, there is a lot of information on the web about how it works and what tactics are used for a particular scenario. I am sure there are a few posts about it right here on ATS, try the search function. Once you read about it you'll understand the process and be better prepared to deal with it.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

Originally posted by impaired

If I had to guess...
I'd say it's because you created about six threads for what could really have been one single topic... which some people will complain about and say you were trolling for stars and flags.

I'm not complaining about that myself, because... well, frankly, I don't really care enough to get worked up over it, assuming that's even what you were doing in the first place (which it didn't seem like to me), but... yeah. That would be my guess. A few people stated as much during those threads.

Ok, I'll acknowledge that. At the time I thought they were separate topics. But at the same time, they weren't. And there are still unanswered questions.

Here - lets break it down:

1: I posted the GigaPan in the science forum.

Then weird things started happening.

Looking back, however - this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

was indeed blown out of proportion. But much of it was because of the Yahoo link, for instance. I didn't know they removed comments with links. So I was taking coincidences perhaps too far, though there were a lot - the DoD on my peerblock while I was transferring the images, for instance (screen shots are in one of the threads). But regardless - a lot of coincidences were happening.

Regardless, I continued trying to try and finish that panorama, but the images were missing.

Then the Wikipedia thread got started because I saw an image that wasn't available on the NASA but was available on Wikipedia, and that tied in to my claim that the hi rez images went up, and then were taking down. Something that turned out to indeed be a fact. Why? That's the question.

And then the fact that the images were accessible ONLY if you changed the link around - meaning they were on the server but not available to the public. That plus the fact that if the images were indeed on the server but not released to the public - why weren't they included in NASA's handout panorama and why was is terribly done? Go to the Curiosity site - that's still the only image they have.

And the rest is what it is.

edit on 8/18/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Haven't you heard? Nice guys/gals finish last.

Your altruism was your first mistake.

You'll get kicked in the teeth every time.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
To those that appreciate my work, check this out. Please read the video info. And for god's sake - watch it in HD!

top topics

join