It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos: General James Mattis Announced As Next Commandant Of Marine Corps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
For anyone who has had the privelage to serve under the man you no that there could not be a better choice for Commandant. I had the privelage of serving under him in Iraq and he is one hard corps SOB. I may not agree with his political views as far as war with Iran goes. I do think that he will bring many positive changes to the Corps as a whole. He wants to rid the Corps of it's weaknesses and I for one admire that. That man can still perform just as well as a young Lance corporal on the battlfield. Heck, he's probably in better shape than alot of Marines these days. We Pt'd hard in the Infantry but he is absolutely right about the POG's (Persons other than grunts.) They should be just as qualified for combat as the Infantry. So in closing I just have to say; GO CHAOS, make us proud to be Marines once again. I know that he will not take any crap from anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if his tenure as Commandant gets cut short but we shall see.

www.duffelblog.com...

Washington, D.C. – In a controversial move sure to send shockwaves throughout the Corps, President Obama announced today that Commandant of the Marine Corps General Jim Amos will soon be replaced by General James Mattis.

Amos indicated his plans to resign early — having served only two years out of the four-year term as Commandant — saying that “he’s getting too old for this #.”

“I’m just sick of dealing with these savages in the press and in Congress. They keep asking me questions about snipers pissing on people, nazi flags, and other crap,” said Amos. “I figure Jim [Mattis] will certainly know how to handle them.”

“This policy that doesn’t allow sleeve tattoos is a bunch of horse#,” said General Mattis, as he shows off his own full-sleeve tattoos running down both arms. “So that’s the first thing to go.”

Another policy change includes a change to physical training. While most infantry Marines can probably keep up with the General on runs, Mattis says that he wants everyone to live up to the ethos of “Every Marine a Rifleman.”

“These air wingers and admin folks think they are sitting pretty, only heading to the gym or not doing PT at all,” said Mattis, in between his third round of 350lb back squats. “So I’ll also be leading them in 15 mile runs until they shape up.”

Finally, Mattis says he’ll reverse the no-hazing policy that Marines have been under since the nineties, saying that it’s “good goddamn training.”

SEMPER FI

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

The Duffel Blog is satire. :/

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

The Duffel Blog is satire. :/

I just happened to catch this via facebook. I am also going to go to the MarineTimes site to see what they have to say about is as well. I know dufflebag is sketchy in some eyes but with this story I don't think it matters much.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong. Dude sounds like a total badass from the story. Would almost make me sign up if someone like him was in charge.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

Don't get me wrong. Dude sounds like a total badass from the story. Would almost make me sign up if someone like him was in charge.

He is quite a guy. He is what we would refer to as a Marines Marine. He has qualities that most officers either never have or lose over time. He is known for being very outspoken and will not take crap from anyone.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Haha. That's cool as hell. The world needs more people like that.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

This seems to be a guy that I could follow. No politically correct BS.

People ask me if I miss the Army after I retired, and I always reply with a resolute, "I miss the Old Army, not the new one. I'm glad I am out as there is no place for me there anymore. There is no place for dinosaurs like me in the new army."

Maybe he'll be the Marines next Chesty Puller or the Army's Patton, but I foresee a short-lived Commandant.

With public statements like those, even with the best of intentions, you just know that he is going to push some buttons.

Knowing what little I do about him (I'm retired Army after all) I hope he survives and becomes the next JCS.
edit on 18-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The only question I have is what would this guy do if ordered to suppress US citizens. Would he say, 'Yes Sir, Mr. President.' or would he say, 'Mr. President, that is unconstitutional, the Marines cannot attack US civilians."

P

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
The only question I have is what would this guy do if ordered to suppress US citizens. Would he say, 'Yes Sir, Mr. President.' or would he say, 'Mr. President, that is unconstitutional, the Marines cannot attack US civilians."

P

LOL
from the OP:

he is absolutely right about the POG's (Persons other than grunts.)

sounds like civvies are lower lifeforms to him

so id say yes
also consider he has the psychopath in chief's stamp of approval sooo...

soon to be known as the "butcher of [insert place in syria/iran here]
from the sound of it

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by pheonix358

P

LOL
from the OP:

he is absolutely right about the POG's (Persons other than grunts.)

sounds like civvies are lower lifeforms to him

so id say yes
also consider he has the psychopath in chief's stamp of approval sooo...

soon to be known as the "butcher of [insert place in syria/iran here]
from the sound of it

POG's are not civilians. POG's are Marines not of combat arms. Anyone that is not infantry, armor, or artillery is a POG or pogue.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Unfortunately this story is untrue and not from a credited website. On another note I met General Mattis, outstanding man that is the definition of a Marine! I hope this false story becomes reality one day!

new topics

top topics

join