It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all "Fighters", a new debate series.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

From this post by GAOTU789:

Judging will be done by two main judges with a third needed only for a tie breaker. Judges can be known or anonymous at the debate hosts discretion.

In this debate, hosted by beezzer, he has requested judges, as volunteers, and therefore, they will be known. The third judge is always to be a Mod in case of a tie.

Other than beezzer jumping the gun, and not waiting for Mod approval before posting a new debate, we are following the "new" rules to a tee.

Also:

So in an effort to simplify things some, we have come up with a new set of guidelines( which are flexible and will evolve as the need arises).

Flexibility is key here.

We are trying, as members, to get a defunct forum moving along again. I'm personally proud to see a few older members drift back in, and also the interest of newer members. It'll be a chore to work things out, but there are a few members who are standing firm in seeing the resolution of this slight dilemma.

Times change, and so do rules. Until things are rolling along again, with a viable member base once again participating in the forum, I'd like to see a bit more leniency in strict protocol. The protocol we are following is listed HERE, and until we view an update, it's all we have to follow. Therefore, we are going by what we know.

And, you really can't fault us for trying. Sure, it's a bit hodge-podge at the moment, but we are creating debates and making civil posts within. We've run several, with no T&C violations. A bit of credit?

We follow rules, and link to them, and simply want to debate!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Apologies for "jumping the gun".

Just call me an over-enthusiastic bunny.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

reply to post by Druid42

No worries guys, you are all doing great and I speak for all the staff I think when I say we appreciate you guys helping to get this thing back on it's feet.

My and Sky's debate should be up and running tomorrow, just waiting on a mod to get the thread sorted out.

We may be looking for a few judges as well. Ours may be anonymous, I don't think we've decided on that part yet.

It's going to be on gun control, should be fun.

edit on 21-8-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

That was my fault. I was going by the old rules. Ignore me lest ye all be confused.

I'll go back to sitting around and looking busy.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, it does get things rolling. I'm posted with my opening. Whew, to have to condense, that is a good challenge!

It gets you to re-organize your thoughts, and cut out a lot of fluff. Thanks for hosting!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by beezzer

Well, it does get things rolling. I'm posted with my opening. Whew, to have to condense, that is a good challenge!

It gets you to re-organize your thoughts, and cut out a lot of fluff. Thanks for hosting!

My first oppourtunity to host! YAY! Saw your post
thanks.

I think the debate forum is picking up steam. It's good to see.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I'll volunteer as a judge, but if you choose the anon route, u2u.

I'm really interested to watch your debate style, and I think it'll set a good example. Also, thanks for being so understanding, beez and I are passionate about debates, and we both would like to see more activity. Baby steps.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

We are being good in here. No worries.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hey guys, nice to see us all try and get the forum revitalized.

Let me know if you guys need anything, debate approval, judging, debate hosting etc.

I'm here to float around and help out any way I can.

I might participate in a debate or two at some point, once I find a topic that suits me and an opponent that wishes to debate me
edit on 8/21/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
W3RLIED2 and I are ready for an epic debate on Star Wars vs Star Trek whenever we can get a chair to set it up.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Our debate has been posted...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's been a while, I am really looking forward to this. I've debated Sky once before I won but it was close. Dude's got skills and smart as anyone I know.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Just a general 'happy to be challenged' post.

Topics I enjoy relating include new media, social issues, long walks on the beach, and the purpose of sarcasm in every day speech. ;p

Mostly anything really. Always wanted to do the moon landing thing. Actually I might pester somoene about that.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Since your debate was grandfathered in, back in July, I'll host it for you. The more people that try the new format the better. I'll leave the judging up to Tenth and Heff, and I'll be the third if a tie-breaker is needed.

Good luck to the both of you.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hi Guys & Gals,

Will be happy to take part in a debate.

Looking forward to it actually !

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Any particular topic? Pinke is looking for a debate as well, and if you guys pick a topic, you'll soon have your own debate.

Of course, a "blind debate" is always an option.

The goal is to get people active in debates again. Just post your preference.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You got picked as a judge for the Star wars vs Star trek debate.

I'll also be sending you a u2u for a debate approval once Pinke and Son choose a topic, but it may be blind. (waiting for now!)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Well Druid, as it was mentioned here :

reply to post by Pinke

Always wanted to do the moon landing thing.

So if Pinke hasn't chosen an opponent yet...this could be fun !

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

No problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Moon landing it is. Pinke gets the "pro", you get the "con", with open judging.

Remember, we are testing a new three post debate style, so every thought and word needs carefully chosen.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm up for a blind debate. I can wait until a few of these end though, to avoid confusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join