It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buying a new gaming laptop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm looking to buy a new laptop for gaming and I dont know much at all about what I need. I'd like to spend less then 800 much less if possible. Does anyone know what the best deals are out right now or information I might find helpful. Much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SinDefiant

LOL...you just got your college refund check
......come on...fess up

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Good luck, your best bet is to get an ivy bridge laptop with the hd4000, its by no means a gaming but will do pretty well for classes.

Or if you can an amd laptop with an a-8 or a-10 cpu. These are my humble opinions

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Dell xps is probably the best you can get.

There are a few that beat them on performance i.e. sagem.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I use an Asus G72GX. Older model but it works. I use it to host my CSS server and on-the-go gaming. Other than that I do everything on my built gaming desktop.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Asus G73JH,

I paid a lot for mine but it is now 1.5 years old. I bought a beastly desktop system and an I-Fad so no need for it anymore. I paid 1,600.00 you can have it for $800.00.

Look up the model it is as fast as Alienware ( :

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SinDefiant

Gaming almost always implies good graphics as well as fast CPU. These things get hot and so they need large heatsinks to cool them.

This is why you aren't likely to find many laptops that are good for gaming.

The heat production implies big heatsinks, large PSU's and tiny battery life.

There are some laptops that are acceptable as gaming rigs, but they'll never beat the better desktop gaming rigs.

Sorry but if you must have a laptop, compromise is the guiding rule.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
First off it depends on what type of gaming your going to be doing. If your looking to run a game like Battlefield 3 check these links out. Option 1 Option 2

Now for basic gaming like Super Mario Bros then check out these and decide for yourself. Option 3

I would stay away from Walmart!

new topics

top topics

join