It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Errr, What, Am I going mental....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by murch
Pretty sure this one will get taken down. Trying to figure out the actual crime here.

Just remembering when I was 18 years old, as a bloke. This would not constitute a crime. A massive favour, yes, but not a crime.

The crime is not the age but status of the individual. While 18 is considered an adult all states, like Texas, some states, again like Texas, have strict laws in place that govern the behavior of teachers and students and relationships. Because teachers ae in a position of authority of the students, they view it differently than if they were of legal age (which they both are).

Ill look around for the law itself but in the meantime here is an article that touches on this topic.

Texas Law Tough on Sexual Relationships between Teachers and Students

Here is a CBS article on the issue.
CBS - Brittni Colleps, former Texas high school teacher, on trial for allegedly having group sex with students

Although all of the students were over 18 years old, it is against Texas law for a teacher to have an improper relationship with a student, regardless of age. Even if charged and convicted, Colleps would not have to register as a sex offender because all of the students were over the age of 18, CBS DFW reported.

edit on 18-8-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The only crime scene appears to be in her mugshot...I've seen clocks with better faces.

I hope those young men didn't catch anything!

edit on 18-8-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: threw up in mouth

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

The only crime scene appears to be in her mugshot...I've seen clocks with better faces.

I hope those young men didn't catch anything!

edit on 18-8-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: threw up in mouth

I know! All these comments about "hot teachers" made me confused! I guess just being a figure of authority adds some beauty or something? Poor woman probably would have trouble getting laid otherwise...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Poor woman probably would have trouble getting laid otherwise...

LMAO!! Too funny, especially coming from a female!

Maybe she's promised them all "A's" ...or maybe a keg of beer...??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join