It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas A&M eviction turns violent 3 people dead Aug. 13 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
When people loose it all they lose it - here is a prime example of when people reach their breaking point.
its almost like a weekly event these days. and the bad news is the Banks send the Police to do their dirty work.

witness video

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Although I disagree with how they chose to handle their breaking point I do think we will be seeing more of it, and some folks already have issues (mental or otherwise) that seem to escalate during the stressful times.

It's hard to see the forest for the trees at some points in life. We struggle daily to just keep afloat. Some of us do it for years, some have done it all their lives. When faced with losing everything you have ever worked hard for... it does do something to you. It's hard to watch the dishonest get ahead while you seemingly slave to just lose it all anyway. I can't imagine to be honest. We struggle, but are fortunate enough to not have to ever worry over losing our home.

This will not be the last incident and if things continue, I do expect it to get worse. People are tired of struggling and still losing. It's not the right route, but it's the route some choose (others just mentally snap and don't consciously choose it). It's a sad thing to see so many put out regardless. It's also a shame when lives are lost over it.
edit on 8/17/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I don't want to be that guy,but there's been tons of threads about this....

A little late to the game my friend.

Also,how are you blaming the banks for what this knuckehead did?

Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

Don't pay your mortgage/rent...you're going to be evicted.

Too many people feel entitled to things these days.
edit on 17-8-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

I am sorry but if you give out loans you know the debtor can not repay and then sell off those loans to unsuspecting insitutions who in turn get bailed by taxpayer money, then it is legal fraud where the rules at the very least were bent. That does not excuse his behavior, but it gave banks an incentive to rubberstamp loans to people of whom they knew were unable to repay them.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

KPRC Local 2 investigative reporter Robert Arnold tracked down Caffall's family on Monday afternoon, and Richard Weaver, his stepfather, said he was not shocked that Caffall was involved.

"We are devastated for the families that this SOB killed," said Weaver. "He was a ticking time bomb."

Arnold asked Weaver if he had any indication that something like this was coming.

"He was crazy as hell," Weaver said. "At one point, we were afraid that he was going to come up here and do something to his mother and me."

"We were hoping he'd kill himself before doing something like this," said Weaver. "We are just devastated for the families this SOB killed."

Weaver could not elaborate on exactly what pushed Caffall to this point, but did say he was aware of the eviction. Weaver said Caffall had not spoken to his mother in several months.

Weaver said Caffall quit his job about nine months ago and proclaimed he would never work for anybody again.

www.click2houston.com...

This is not a bank repo - it was RENT.
The shooter was mentally ill, unemployed, had "entitlement issues", and wasn't emotionally supported by a loving family. Notice the step father said, "We were hoping he'd kill himself..." That's one twisted step-father!

This is not a polical issue.

The proper area was and still is : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

An interesting dilemma. But you're brining up the wrong points.. asking the wrong questions.

The real question is not whether it's personal responsibility to pay your mortgage, but rather why do we need a mortgage to begin wtih?

Being born lower or middle class, the absolute vast majority of people will never own their home. Ever. How is that right? How can we as a culture accept this? How can we then accuse other people of being irresponsible for wanting a basic human desire of stable housing? Home should be affordable, I shouldn't be enslaved for 30 years just to have a freakin house.

top topics

join