It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s President Calls Israel ‘an Insult to Humankind’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
reply to post by TheCoolKids

Again, you didn't answer the question.

Is your government representative of you and am I entitled to hate you based on what your government says or does?
edit on 19-8-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

Yes

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
I guess my main question would be... why is this an American problem?

Iran has not threatened the continental United States. Iran has not threatened our troops in the middle east. Iran hasn't even threatened Israel directly. If Israel thinks Iran is a threat and wants to attack them, be my guest. But do it on your own. Don't expect American soldiers to die for you. You start the fight, then you better be prepared to finish it.

I find it ironic that every time this man opens his mouth, there is some generalized translation that causes people to go into a frenzy. Yet any time Israel calls for striking Iran, its OK? Why is that alright? Why is it alright for Israel to have undeclared nuclear weapons, but Iran can't? Seriously... because they are a predominantly Muslim nation? Both India and Pakistan have nuclear weapons. And if any nation is a bigger threat to the UNITED STATES safety, it is Pakistan, not Iran.

In terms of American interest, ask yourself this. Which of the two nations (Israel and Iran) have attacked us and killed US personnel? Which of the two nations have the biggest spy ring in operation against us? Which of the two nations have stolen nuclear secrets from us?

Food for thought...

The israelis are claiming they will strike to prevent the development of "breakout capability" where a bomb can be made in a few weeks after the enrichment facilities are underground.

Israel has not signed the NPT, Iran has but is trying to get full control of the fuel cycle so that it can acquire at minimum the same nuclear capacity as Japan. Now Japan is a far more rational country not run by Twelver Shias. I don't want piles of plutonium in the hands of ayatollahs.

Iran has funded the Sadrists in Iraq which did kill Americans in the Iraq War, they also are beleived to arm the Taliban and possibly train them.

The biggest spy ring against us is the PRC, Russia 2nd.

The Israelis got the nuke designs from France, it was alleged that the CIA tried to sell a faulty bomb design to Iran back in 2002 to slow down the program but the Russian scientist we hired to sell it told them the design was wrong which aided the program.

The Iranians may be delusional, but not mentally retarded. They know that if they assemble and weaponize a bomb in enough numbers we will catch it. But if they acquire these capabiliteis and put them underground:
-U235 enrichment to 95% (submarine excuse)
-Plutonium breeder reactor, heavy water reactor
-ICBMs

Then we can't do much because they have a bomb design either from AQ Khan, China or that botched CIA job.

They will have the fissile material enriched and the delivery system, that means that a weapon can be made in two weeks once Khamenei says OK (and remember he said do it in 1984, remember taqqiya)

That means they will give a bomb to hezbollah who will nuke Tel Aviv with it. It only takes one bomb to destroy Israel and MAD doesn't work when you think this will make the 12th Imam come out of hiding.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I actually agree with Ahmedinejad... I have nothing against a regular Jew, but the world would be a whole lot better off without the Zionist regime in Israel. Talk about cutting off the head of the snake...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoolKids
The israelis are claiming they will strike to prevent the development of "breakout capability" where a bomb can be made in a few weeks after the enrichment facilities are underground.

Israel has not signed the NPT, Iran has but is trying to get full control of the fuel cycle so that it can acquire at minimum the same nuclear capacity as Japan. Now Japan is a far more rational country not run by Twelver Shias. I don't want piles of plutonium in the hands of ayatollahs.

According to whom?

Iran has funded the Sadrists in Iraq which did kill Americans in the Iraq War, they also are beleived to arm the Taliban and possibly train them.

And to that, I will reply with America CREATED the Taliban. We have funded the Iraqis in the 80s war with Iran. We shot down the commuter plane over Iran. We fund terrorism all over the middle east. We ourselves are arming "freedom fighters" that only a few months ago we called "terrorists".

The biggest spy ring against us is the PRC, Russia 2nd.

I'll refer you to a few links below.

The Spy Who Loves Us
Fox News Series on Israeli Spying in the US
Israeli Spying: The Mother of all Scandals
FBI Discovers Biggest Spy Operation in US History

The Israelis got the nuke designs from France, it was alleged that the CIA tried to sell a faulty bomb design to Iran back in 2002 to slow down the program but the Russian scientist we hired to sell it told them the design was wrong which aided the program.

Correct that the original nuclear reactors were aided by the French. The United States gave nuclear weapons technology to the French, who in turn gave it to Israel. There were several documented cases of nuclear secrets being stolen and given to the Israelis. Jonathan Pollard is one example.

The Iranians may be delusional, but not mentally retarded. They know that if they assemble and weaponize a bomb in enough numbers we will catch it. But if they acquire these capabiliteis and put them underground:
-U235 enrichment to 95% (submarine excuse)
-Plutonium breeder reactor, heavy water reactor
-ICBMs

Then we can't do much because they have a bomb design either from AQ Khan, China or that botched CIA job.

They will have the fissile material enriched and the delivery system, that means that a weapon can be made in two weeks once Khamenei says OK (and remember he said do it in 1984, remember taqqiya)

I agree in that I think despite the loud mouths in Iran, they are not stupid. They know that a nuclear strike on Israel would be suicide. So why would they do it? If they truly do want nuclear weaponry, then WHY would they want it? Well... if your neighbor has a huge rifle and is constantly threatening to come to your house and attack you... wouldn't you want a gun of your own?

That means they will give a bomb to hezbollah who will nuke Tel Aviv with it. It only takes one bomb to destroy Israel and MAD doesn't work when you think this will make the 12th Imam come out of hiding.

That's a whole lot of assuming right there. Hezbollah, or "The Database"... I mean Al' Quadia or any other "terrorist" group could get their hands on a nuke from anywhere else. North Korea... the former Soviet block, etc. A lot of Soviet nukes fell into some bad hands. And what about Pakistan? That country is over run with unsavory types. And they DO have nukes already.

In respect to the OP.. I just don't see Iran attacking Israel. I DO see Israel attacking Iran. And you are correct. Our military is already stretched pretty thin. We financially can't afford another war and frankly I don't believe we posses the man power to sustain it. Unless the govt. got a crazy idea to reinstate the draft.. I think we would sit this one out.

edit on 19-8-2012 by DerekJR321 because: typo

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Whatever. "President" Akhmynutsjob is a freaking idiot. Who cares what he saysz?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
reply to post by TheCoolKids

Again, you didn't answer the question.

Is your government representative of you and am I entitled to hate you based on what your government says or does?
edit on 19-8-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

Yes

Interesting. In that case you have validated every American hating thread in this place.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
sticks and stones

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
President Sukmanutjob is a disgrace. He should be killed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join