It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s President Calls Israel ‘an Insult to Humankind’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yep, was mentioned in the third reply, Zionists != people of Israel.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoolKids
reply to post by reluctantflux

The people in Israel voted for the current government. Therefore the Supreme Leada's biatch hates the people of Israel.

lol can of worms anyone? You must agree with everything your government does and says right?

Don't be silly.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

PM Netanyahu was democratically elected according to the Basic Law of Israel. That means he is legitimate.

Most Israelis believe they should be a Jewish state and not a Sharia state. Iran wishes that Israel be destroyed, the "Zionists" sent back to Europe, a phony election to make hamas the new government and then genocide.

That is a basic summary of what Ahmadinejad and Khamenei have said in the past.

Mahmoud Monkeyface was not democratically elected, neither was Supreme Leada Khamaenei. They are not legitimate. The current Supreme Leada is on record in 1984 as favoring the development of nukes to expedite the 12th Imam return.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Israel is the product of the Zionist movement. Most Israeli political parties support the idea of a Jewish state. Enough to be a majority government.

I would guess that since Israel is 78% Jewish that it is at least 70% "Zionist".

Mr Ahmadinejad wants to kill seven out of every 10 Israelis.

There is a bit of a problem with that.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoolKids

Obama was elected by the American people and Julia Gillard was elected by the Australian people. You will find that many Americans and Australians disagree with policies of their government.

I noticed you didn't answer whether you consider your government representative of you....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

If Vladimir Putin called the Democrat Party an "occupying force" that was a "cancer" that should be overthrown by importing millions of GOP leaning "refugees" and violence by a Hamas like organization, I would be enraged at him despite that I despise the Democrats.

Gillard is toast at the next election, but she was elected.

I don't think Bibi is going to be defeated, however he wants the US to carry the burden, I have never liked Netanyahu among Israeli politicians but I respect his patriotism and his willingness to not negotiate with terrorists unlike his weak kneed predecessor Olmert.

Ahmadinejad and Khamanei repeatedly have called for Israel's destruction by hook or crook.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Is your government representative of you? Am I entitled to hate you based on your governments actions?

It's a simple question.

If you're saying that all Israelis are Zionists than I will have to say that Iran is justified in their statements and actions. Iraelis are nothing but racist, religious bigots.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

A clear majority of Israel supports a Jewish state in Eretz Yisrael, if that is Zionism, then they are guilty.

And what are Twelver Shia Islamists?

Humanitarians they ain't, ask the Bahai's about that!

Heck ask the Sunni minority how bigoted the Iranian government is!

And it is cute how you adopt the stupid Iranian arguments about the ONLY FREE COUNTRY IN THE MIDDLE EAST where protesting won't get you tortured and killed!

Join the IRGC and convert to Islam, your side will lose the war and Israel will be secure.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I guess my main question would be... why is this an American problem?

Iran has not threatened the continental United States. Iran has not threatened our troops in the middle east. Iran hasn't even threatened Israel directly. If Israel thinks Iran is a threat and wants to attack them, be my guest. But do it on your own. Don't expect American soldiers to die for you. You start the fight, then you better be prepared to finish it.

I find it ironic that every time this man opens his mouth, there is some generalized translation that causes people to go into a frenzy. Yet any time Israel calls for striking Iran, its OK? Why is that alright? Why is it alright for Israel to have undeclared nuclear weapons, but Iran can't? Seriously... because they are a predominantly Muslim nation? Both India and Pakistan have nuclear weapons. And if any nation is a bigger threat to the UNITED STATES safety, it is Pakistan, not Iran.

In terms of American interest, ask yourself this. Which of the two nations (Israel and Iran) have attacked us and killed US personnel? Which of the two nations have the biggest spy ring in operation against us? Which of the two nations have stolen nuclear secrets from us?

Food for thought...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Again, you didn't answer the question.

Is your government representative of you and am I entitled to hate you based on what your government says or does?
edit on 19-8-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoolKids

Join the IRGC and convert to Islam, your side will lose the war and Israel will be secure.

I have no "side" in this BS.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
.... and a couple of weeks later we find out he really said " salty entrails "

! (2)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I
You're not the only one who grew up around Jews..
My neighborhood had Jews, Muslims, Catholics and a grumpy old fart who shot stray cats with his BB gun for kicks.

Quote of the thread !

Hope my keyboard is showerproof ...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

Israel comes across as a very racist and intolerant country; I'd rather be dropped off in Iran's capital. Regardless, if war between Iran and Israel were to break out, I think we can rest assured that both countries would be obliterated.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
speaking of the title of this post; a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black, what hypocrites and morons...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by semakka

Isn't ANY THREAT to the said regime a THREAT against the PEOPLE?

It's nothing different to what the Israeli leaders and the US leaders (Hilary Clinton as an example) have been doing to Iran and also pushing for in Syria.. So yes.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
People like you need to wake up and see how ridiculous your beliefs really are and how vain and ignorant you sound.

The irony.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shake101
reply to post by reluctantflux

You're right, and sadly this misunderstanding is currently brainwashing the entire American population to push for war against Iran when Iran's intentions are truly peaceful. They just can't learn from wars fought very recently that their government lies. It reminds me of the following passage I found recently:

General VoNguyen Giap.
General Giap was a brilliant, highly respected leader of the North Vietnam military.
The following quote is from his memoirs currently found in the Vietnam war memorial in Hanoi:

"What we still don't understand is why you Americans
stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the
ropes. If you had pressed us a little harder,
just for another day or two, we were ready
to surrender! It was the same at the
battle of TET. You defeated us!
We knew it, and we thought
you knew it.
But we were elated to notice your media was
helping us. They were causing more disruption in
America than we could in the battlefields. We
were ready to surrender. You had won!'
General Giap has published his memoirs and confirmed
what most Americans knew. The Vietnam war was not
lost in Vietnam — it was lost at home. The
same slippery slope, sponsored by the U.S. media,
is currently underway. It exposes the
enormous power of a Biased Media to
cut out the heart and will of
the American public.

A truism worthy of note:..
Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media, for they will distort your grasp of reality and destroy your honor.
edit on 17-8-2012 by shake101 because: (no reason given)

The U.S.'s generals weren't stupid. They too knew the U.S. was about to win the Vietnam conflict - they stopped short to prevent a win. There was far more value in not winning. Bombs could be made, aircraft could be purchased, war companies could get more wealth. The looting in war driven by the U.S. isn't solely of the loser - it now is of the "winner" too. The looters are the industrial military complex and the bankers - the real powers in control. I question whether Israel and Iran have a military industrial complex - I doubt that they do. Putting aside any disparate religious ideologies between Iran and Israel, is there some other reason why the threat of conflict would be profitable such that an ongoing and persistent "threat" of war enriches someone or something? Are the peoples of these two countries so hateful of each other that they want to gut the other without the possibility of remorse? I sincerely doubt that. So, what is the real reason behind these countries respective leaders constant antagonistic oratory against each other? Who benefits? That's what I want to know. Who benefits?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have been checking in here and there as my work schedule has allowed since I made this thread, and I have to say that as the OP here I am shaking my head over what this thread has turned into.

My point in making this thread had nothing to do with who is right or who is wrong.
It had nothing to do with the religious principles of Israel, Iran, the US, or any one else.
It was not to start a flame war between posters about who has more sympathy for whom etc etc.

As Americans, we have a vested interest in what is going on over in the Middle East right now. I don't care whether you agree with what Israel and Iran are doing to each other, and I don't care whether the US should become involved or not. We have a vested interest because, whether we like it or not, the US WILL step in IF these two countries start shooting at each other. We have an interest because our economy is crap, our military is burning out, we are about to hold presidential elections, which puts us in a very vulnerable position due to the "changing of the guards". For the first time since the cold war ended we are looking at a real possibility of this war spilling over onto our soil.

My point was to show that through everything that Israel has been saying and doing in recent days, Iran was somewhat silent. After leaks of war plans and statements of expected casualties etc, Iran finally stood up and said their piece.
He made himself quite clear, to me any way, that if a fight is what Israel wants, a fight is what Israel will get.
He toed the line people.

Those of you who have had valid input into what is going on, thank you.
I have been watching all of this as closely as my limited capabilities will allow and there are times that I rely on fellow posters her on ATS to guide me to more relevant information than I can find through the msm and the few other sources I can manage to find.
I am no warmonger, I am a simple American mother and wife, who's step-son is military, who's husband is ex-military. I simply wish to keep my family safe.

So, in other words, if you want to flame each other, there is a nifty little thing called private messaging. Otherwise do you think we could possibly stay on-topic here???

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by banishedfromthisarea

I don't think either country even cares who benefits.
They have such a deep, ingrained, hatred of each other, they are both willing to lose their own people in a blood-bath just to try to eradicate the other.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join