It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s President Calls Israel ‘an Insult to Humankind’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Has no one seen this yet?
Did a search, the best I could, so excuse me if this is being talked about....

New York Times

Mr. Ahmadinejad’s speech, as reported by the official Islamic Republic News Agency, added some new and incendiary flourishes to a theme he had pushed for his entire presidency.
“The very existence of the Zionist regime is an insult to humankind and an affront to all world nations,” the news agency’s English-language report on the speech quoted him as saying. “Confronting Zionists will also pave the way for saving the whole humankind from exploitation, depravity and misery.”
In another passage, Mr. Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying that Jerusalem Day, which the Iranians call Quds Day after the city’s Arabic name, was “an occasion for all human communities to wipe out this scarlet letter, meaning the Zionist regime, from the forehead of humanity.”

I'm sorry but it sounds to me like a good ol' fashioned "Come an' git it boy"
Israel has been very vocal in their demands that the world pay attention.
I think Iran just gave them their answer.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Israel will always win. We have the ultimate power on our side.
edit on 17-8-2012 by ApokalypsisRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

If you change the word Zionist to N.W.O. then what he said has already been repeated by many members here.
Only the members following their own political or sadistic agenda would disagree.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I keep seeing this and it annoys the crap out of me. The headline always reads something similar about Ahmadinejad generalizing all of Isreal and it's people. But when they actually get to the quote, it's him talking about the "Zionist Regime" that is in power.

He hates the people in power in Isreal. He doesn't hate all Isrealites. There's a difference.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApokalypsisRising

I wouldnt bring religion into this, thats what started this whole stupid, childish, situation.

Now, if you mean "the ultimate power" as the U.S., then your assumption would be accurate.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantflux

This may be true, but my point here has much less to do with what he meant by the statement, and much more to do with why he made it.
I'm not taking sides on this up-and-coming "conflict" on this one. The way I see it Israel has be very demanding as of late. They want the world to understand their side of this issue. They have had very good reasons to feel the way that they do, but the point is they have been very degrading to Iran through out the process.
Iran has answered them quite clearly.
Basically stepping up toe to toe. And calling their bluff. "If you're man enough to say it, you're man enough to back it up".
I guess it won't be long before Israel has an answer.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

I wouldnt bring religion into this, thats what started this whole stupid, childish, situation.

Now, if you mean "the ultimate power" as the U.S., then your assumption would be accurate.

Fortunately, that's how it's gonna end too.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

He hates the people in power in Isreal. He doesn't hate all Isrealites. There's a difference.

Most of us Americans hate the people in power, yet we do not encourage wiping them from the face of the earth. Sabre rattling, and threatening ones very existence. THERE is a difference.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You're right, and sadly this misunderstanding is currently brainwashing the entire American population to push for war against Iran when Iran's intentions are truly peaceful. They just can't learn from wars fought very recently that their government lies. It reminds me of the following passage I found recently:

General VoNguyen Giap.
General Giap was a brilliant, highly respected leader of the North Vietnam military.
The following quote is from his memoirs currently found in the Vietnam war memorial in Hanoi:

"What we still don't understand is why you Americans
stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the
ropes. If you had pressed us a little harder,
just for another day or two, we were ready
to surrender! It was the same at the
battle of TET. You defeated us!
We knew it, and we thought
you knew it.
But we were elated to notice your media was
helping us. They were causing more disruption in
America than we could in the battlefields. We
were ready to surrender. You had won!'
General Giap has published his memoirs and confirmed
what most Americans knew. The Vietnam war was not
lost in Vietnam — it was lost at home. The
same slippery slope, sponsored by the U.S. media,
is currently underway. It exposes the
enormous power of a Biased Media to
cut out the heart and will of
the American public.

A truism worthy of note:..
Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media, for they will distort your grasp of reality and destroy your honor.
edit on 17-8-2012 by shake101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

hahaha ultimate power my ass. People like you need to wake up and see how ridiculous your beliefs really are and how vain and ignorant you sound.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantflux
I keep seeing this and it annoys the crap out of me. The headline always reads something similar about Ahmadinejad generalizing all of Isreal and it's people. But when they actually get to the quote, it's him talking about the "Zionist Regime" that is in power.

You are god damn right every word. Iran is home to many Jews who live largely without discrimination. F U Israel and your Zionist propaganda machine.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I understand and I admit that every refference to Israel "wiping" or "vanishing" was adressed to the regime, and not to the people.

HOWEVER, the question is...if the regime is ELECTED by the people and the PEOPLE support that regime, NO MATTER how bad or good is that regime :

Isn't ANY THREAT to the said regime a THREAT against the PEOPLE?

No matter how much one plays his language, a threat against a regime supported by the people (the majority, but you get the idea) is a threat against that people.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Most of us Americans hate the people in power, yet we do not encourage wiping them from the face of the earth. Sabre rattling, and threatening ones very existence. THERE is a difference.

Khamenei:

The solution of the Islamic Republic to the issue of Palestine and this old wound is a clear and logical proposal that is based on political wisdom accepted by global public opinion and it has been presented in detail previously. We neither propose a classical war with the armies of Islamic countries, nor do we propose throwing Jewish immigrants into the sea or intervention of the United Nations and other international organizations. We propose a referendum among the Palestinian people. Just like any other nation, the Palestinian nation has the right to determine its own destiny and to elect its own government. All the original people of Palestine - including Muslims, Christians and Jews and not foreign immigrants - should take part in a general and orderly referendum and determine the future government of Palestine whether they live inside Palestine or in camps or in any other place. The government that is established after the referendum will determine the destiny of non-Palestinian immigrants who migrated to Palestine in the past. This is a fair and logical proposal which global public opinion understands and it can receive support from independent nations and governments.

english.khamenei.ir...
edit on 18-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So nice to see an honest world leader for once.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by semakka
I understand and I admit that every refference to Israel "wiping" or "vanishing" was adressed to the regime, and not to the people.

HOWEVER, the question is...if the regime is ELECTED by the people and the PEOPLE support that regime, NO MATTER how bad or good is that regime :

Isn't ANY THREAT to the said regime a THREAT against the PEOPLE?

No matter how much one plays his language, a threat against a regime supported by the people (the majority, but you get the idea) is a threat against that people.

I have to agree with you on this point.
In the eyes of the Iranians the vast majority of Israel is Zionist. The regime is in place due to democratic elections by the people.

But... in defense of the Israeli people... most are against this whole thing. Apparently it is these elected officials who are pushing for this war to happen.
Take a look at what their president had to say...

The rift between Jerusalem and Ankara also worries Peres, and he has criticized Israel's refusal to reach a compromise with the Turkish government and rebuild the relations between the countries. "We cannot act in Iran in the existing geopolitical climate in the Middle East," Peres said during these conversations, "our current situation is not helping or contributing. These issues must be resolved before anything else."

Ynet

Unfortunately though, we must remember that Peres is really only a figure-head. He has little power, most of that falls to the PM and DM. And they're the ones pushing for this conflict.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by semakka

Israel is a forced country just because UK queen wants it to be. it has a dirty 60 years history. those living in Israel are some ordinary people from all nations seeking better life there. but it seems they are getting disappointed from warmongers. some weeks ago the second person fired itself to complain the regime. this is not the same as one fire itself in Greece it means those that live in occupied lands will someday escape to their real homelands.
those behind Israel are not jews but some Cabalists !
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I wonder what will happen when America turns their back on the racist, terrorist scum running Israel?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

hahaha ultimate power my ass. People like you need to wake up and see how ridiculous your beliefs really are and how vain and ignorant you sound.

I'm with you on this one. Israel scares me far more than Iran does, and the US needs to realize this. God's chosen in Israel have nothing to do with the original tribe. They are just a bunch of misplaced Europeans who had a fake country made for them, 'cause nobody else wanted them.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Let me ask you this, if you were to choose between: a) being dropped off in the middle of Israel's capital, or b) being dropped off in the middle of Iran's capital

Which would you choose?

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

Is Israel's capital Tel Aviv or Jerusalem?

Personally I'd rather be in Tehran.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join