It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans shoot down BRING THE JOBS HOME ACT!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It would remove encentives to U.S. companies to ship jobs overseas and give them tax breaks to bring the jobs home. Republicans voted against it, it only took 10 days for them to kill it.

www.govtrack.us...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So if there were to become benefits to keeping jobs at home and the reason for outsourcing is to save money... then why shoot it down? It then becomes about screwing your own country over and not about saving a dime.
edit on 17/8/2012 by Planet teleX because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Bad law.

What would stop a company from opening a bogus company overseas with a minimum number of employees then open up shop in the US to receive up to 2 million in tax credits which fully covers the fake business offshore?

Any smart company would open up shop overseas first.

Democrats are full of rosy populist solutions that rarely work.

Republicans deal in reality.

Nice pass by the Republicans on this one.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If we click on the link will the government track us?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Preventions for such could easily be worked into it.

There simply is no reason this shouldn't work, unless someone doesn't want it to.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Now why would they vote for something that would stop them from hiring people in India for a small fraction of minimum wage?

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The GOP is just showing their usual anti-American attitude. This shows they only serve the wealthy who moved the jobs overseas.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Passing a bill and playing even more with a broken tax system won't fix anything. It just sounds good.

I agree with blocking these 'feel good' measures. We need to fix what drove business out in the first place. If we cut our Corporate Tax rate in half and Business believed we'd really KEEP it there and not simpy bounce back in 4 years, we'd see business come back. Greed works both directions....it can bring business BACK when Profit makes sense.

Before everyone goes absolutely ballistic in screaming about such heresy as cutting a Corp tax and how we actually need to raise it or some crazy thing, take a look at the actual Corp tax rates around the world:

Global Corporate Tax Rates by Nation (2012)

Now as far as I can see...we aren't the highest nation in the world. The Democratic Republic of the Congo and Guyana have higher rates than we do.

......and I wish I were kidding. The numbers and nations are right there. Business goes where business can do profitable work. If we're profitable, they'll come back here........and we'll have somewhere to apply for work again.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Even if they did lower corporate tax rates in the U.S., manufactured products from the U.S. still couldn't compete. The gap between hourly rates compared to China and the U.S. is to such an extreme, U.S. manufacturer's still wouldn't have a chance in hell to compete.

The cost of Chinese factory labor is a paltry 64 cents an hour. Although that figure is rough, since it's pieced together from sketchy statistics, it's still the most thorough estimate ever compiled. It includes both wages and employer contributions for benefits and social insurance. And it covers not just city factory workers, who get the most attention, but the more numerous rural and suburban factory workers as well. For comparison, hourly factory compensation in the U.S. in 2002 was $21.11, and an average of $14.22 in the 30 foreign countries covered by the existing BLS report.

The U.S. needs to tax imports accordingly so U.S. manufacturer's will have a level playing field and overseas manufacturing would be less attractive. Corporations don't want it because they're sitting on record profits by taking advantage of paltry hourly rates. Politicians are simply in the pockets of corporations.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Now I agree with your last part 100% and taxing imports was what I understand to have been intended as a major source of Federal money back when this whole nation of ours got started. I'll be right behind you on that, and there is where a stick approach sounds perfectly fair and not directly punitive like the Tax bill would have been.

Taxing across the board on imports makes setting up inside the US to sell to the US very logical.....if we drop the Corp rate at the same time so we aren't sitting in the embarrassing position we are for which we can say are actually higher.. er... then I'd say those two things together could do true wonders. Business would just have to believe...again..really believe..that the changes were long term and solid enough to make their own planning based upon.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

(sigh) Another republican/conservative vs. democrat/liberal thread. Wake up people (sigh)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I agree, I almost want to bash my head against a wall when I hear dem/gop supporters going on about ridiculous bi-partisan crap its just so obvious its ALL a dog and pony show and I don't understand how so many people can be so stupid.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Of course they did.
Their love for profit far outweighs their love for Americans working.
The GOP does not see middle class people as important Americans. They are only serfs and peeons. The ones who they represent are the wealthy. It has been this way since Reagan.

Jobs overseas means more profit. Greed is good. They want to force the middle class into entitlements so they can finger point, then lobby for more tax breaks so the wealthy can create jobs. It's the biggest scam ever. If you hate abortion you endorse this scam. It's laughable how flagrant this is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here is my thought, instead of taxing imports just ban anything made with slave-wage labor. As a standard, maybe a single parent could feed, house, clothe and educate their child on the wages paid and the factory wasn't creating a giant toxic cesspool. Anything to make sure we aren't buying stuff from children in prison in China. We have no right claiming the high moral ground around the world when we support repressive regimes just because they give corporations a free hand in their countries.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It then becomes about screwing your own country over

That's what republicans and other rich people have been doing for decades. The GOP won't rest until 90% of Americans are slaves.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Passing a bill and playing even more with a broken tax system won't fix anything. It just sounds good.

I agree with blocking these 'feel good' measures. We need to fix what drove business out in the first place. If we cut our Corporate Tax rate in half and Business believed we'd really KEEP it there and not simpy bounce back in 4 years, we'd see business come back. Greed works both directions....it can bring business BACK when Profit makes sense.

Before everyone goes absolutely ballistic in screaming about such heresy as cutting a Corp tax and how we actually need to raise it or some crazy thing, take a look at the actual Corp tax rates around the world:

Global Corporate Tax Rates by Nation (2012)

Now as far as I can see...we aren't the highest nation in the world. The Democratic Republic of the Congo and Guyana have higher rates than we do.

......and I wish I were kidding. The numbers and nations are right there. Business goes where business can do profitable work. If we're profitable, they'll come back here........and we'll have somewhere to apply for work again.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Removal of tariffs through trade treaties is why the jobs went overseas. Corporations pay little in the way of taxes in case you were really interested in the truth. Small American businesses who don't move jobs offshore are the ones burdened with high taxes.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxzen2004
It would remove encentives to U.S. companies to ship jobs overseas and give them tax breaks to bring the jobs home. Republicans voted against it, it only took 10 days for them to kill it.

www.govtrack.us...

They don't need to put an ACT in place. They need the President to sign a letter of intent to WITHDRAW from the NAFTA / GATT Treaty and would essentially end the JOBS going outsourced PERIOD !

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Anti American? Although I don't agree with oversee jobs I hardly look at this anti American...that is precisely what America is on the surface all about freedom...freedom to run your business how you see fit..freedom to sell the products that you may be good at producing and unfortunately freedom to run a business globally if need be..this country would have been far better if off we steared the course under Clinton which was to push people away from staying on government assistance or more precisely end welfare....would you say that is Anti American if Mitt was going to push it...stick to the middle of the road when it comes to politics because they all have a checkered past..

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

And they won't, neither side just as much as President Bush was gonna put up those fences...sure he put up a few miles of fence but it amounted to just putting up a fence on one side of your property...such smoke and mirrors this political game of democrat and repbulican...and they devide us willingly.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

It then becomes about screwing your own country over

That's what republicans and other rich people have been doing for decades. The GOP won't rest until 90% of Americans are slaves.

300% of Americans already are.

The other 200% is the next 2 generations that will be paying the national debt.

Republicans vs. Democrats. You people are 2 dimensional thinkers in a 4 dimensional world. They're both on the same side against all of us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join