It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The heart is more spiritual than we believe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When people say that someone has a kind heart, maybe it should be taken more literal than we actually have come to believe. The heart pumps blood throughout our whole body, and it is said that everyone has a aura, so maybe our heart controls something in the blood that changes the aura. When we are stressed, our heart pumps a different way from when we are happy, so maybe it actually controls more than we believe it does. What if the heart is what controls our emotions.

This would make sense because emotions may have evolved from our hearts beating differently in different situations, so emotions are developed from feeling different heartbeats and pairing them with certain situations.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
star and flag....

It's been a weird day and well....whatever.

There's your star and flag.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yup, the heart does far more than just pumping blood.

media.noetic.org...

edit on 17-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Stiffolous

I believe the chemical reactions responsible for love are very well understood, and the heart's beat is regulated by the activity of the nervous system, which is powered and controlled by the brain. Hate to say it, but, the heart is only a muscle which pumps blood, as per the request of the brain. Love, hate, fear, anxiety... they're mental, not emotional. In fact, all emotions have a mental origination.

Also... auras... don't have any verifiable evidence backing them. People like to believe in them, but, without any tangible proof of their existence, statistics correlating their relationship to a persons' physical health or mental state, or a definitive guide on just what each color, length, shade, and "feeling" actually means... auras are pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo which may end up being as phony as phrenology.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen.

When people say that someone has a kind heart, maybe it should be taken more literal than we actually have come to believe.

That holds true for a lot of sayings. People say things like that without putting a lot of thought into it.

The heart pumps blood throughout our whole body, and it is said that everyone has an aura, so maybe our heart controls something in the blood that changes the aura.

Yeah, I don't know about all that. All I know is that when the adrenaline starts pumping, people act differently.

When we are stressed, our heart pumps a different way from when we are happy,

What happens if you're both at the same time. If I'm around a woman I like.........a lot......I'm stressed and happy at the same time. By your reasoning I should have a heart attack, but I don't. I just come across as the biggest doof in the world. Tongue tied and nervous. The heart really just needs to settle down at that point and let me work my magic, but it doesn't. The heart takes over the mind and I'm not used to that. It's never happened to me before. Not in 31 years.

What if the heart is what controls our emotions.

Funny, I always thought that to be the case. I guess that's why I always kept it guarded behind lock and key. Once bitten twice shy.......ya know? Sweet 16 my butt. I replaced that emotion with one of a more....shall we say.......physical nature. It's easier to be emotional on that level then emotional on the level that really counts. As a man, I never thought I'd ever get to that level. The level that's the real thing........ya know? And it's scary, I'll be honest, but it's something I really want. I want that level of maturity, but no one can get there alone. (You listening, hun......Anthem ?)

This would make sense because emotions may have evolved from our hearts beating differently in different situations, so emotions are developed from feeling different heartbeats and pairing them with certain situations.

Okay, now you're just getting deep and losing me here.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.

I think the heart controls more of a person then anyone gives it credit for. Whether you're a good person or bad, your heart dictates what you do. Your mind might tell you what to do, but your heart tells you how to do it. And that's where I personally am having issues. My mind ( and we all know where THAT'S located in a man) tells me to hurry up but my heart tells to wait. I'm at the point now where I know I have to wait in order for me to get what I need. I have no problem getting what I want, but getting what I want doesn't concern me anymore. For the first time in my life I'm confronted with the kind of woman I've wanted all along, my heart knows it but my mind is still a little behind in the game.

Now tell me OP, what the hell is my heart doing right now?

In closing, love isn't for the faint of heart. This is a mans job.

(I swear to God woman, the changes you're putting me through...............)

youtu.be...
edit on 17-8-2012 by InTheShadows because: Caps

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Here you go OP. Ever heard of Gregg Braden?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Stiffolous

I think that's as good a theory as any.

I know that, logically, the heart can be nothing more than a biological pump...

But, realistically: why I have I felt so much emotion sourced FROM my heart?

Is this where the soul is housed?

Is it because we would die without the heart and (as you have proposed, Stiffolous) the changes in electrical impulse change how our heart feels inside our bodies to the point where we actually attribute an emotion to it?

I don't know.

But, I know that I have felt my "heart break", I have been "heavy hearted", I have been "light hearted", I have felt pain and sadness and love and happiness all in my heart.

Very interesting thoughts.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Here you go OP. Ever heard of Gregg Braden?

Thanks for the video. Kinda' along the same lines.

top topics

join