It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The heart is more spiritual than we believe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
When people say that someone has a kind heart, maybe it should be taken more literal than we actually have come to believe. The heart pumps blood throughout our whole body, and it is said that everyone has a aura, so maybe our heart controls something in the blood that changes the aura. When we are stressed, our heart pumps a different way from when we are happy, so maybe it actually controls more than we believe it does. What if the heart is what controls our emotions.

This would make sense because emotions may have evolved from our hearts beating differently in different situations, so emotions are developed from feeling different heartbeats and pairing them with certain situations.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Stiffolous

When our spirit is en-souled, that is embodied, our spirit then functions as mind and heart.
So, yes, our heart is more spiritual than some of us might believe.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say the heart controls emotion, but I do certainly believe that the heart affects emotion and is in turn affected by emotion.

Takotsubo cardiomyopathy...is a type of non-ischaemic cardiomyopathy in which there is a sudden temporary weakening of the myocardium (the muscle of the heart). Because this weakening can be triggered by emotional stress, such as the death of a loved one, a break-up, or constant anxiety, the condition is also known as broken heart syndrome.

Source = en.wikipedia.org...

I think there's a reason that the heart is historically associated with emotion, even if we haven't quite figured it out yet.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
here's a good view....
we're one third spirit, but that part is beyond anything worldy vision can see.....

so, the other two thirds are body and soul, soul = mind, maybe

new topics

top topics

join