It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funniest Ever 9/11 Pic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Humour is an interesting subject because it means very different things to many people, some like toilet humour, fart jokes, etc, some like sarcasm and dry wit, some like clean only stuff, some like pure filth, other like sex based and some do indeed like bad taste...

That's life (or not in some jokes), I myself like a wide variety of humour especially dry wit but you can run a fart joke by me happily and I'll laugh like a drain. Does that make me strange, no, it makes me human.

People, especially Americans and Muslims must learn that humour is a very needed part of our being, humour keeps us from going mad, humour peps up our spirits when we are down, humour can brighten up even the darkest situation when we are mentally drained or disturbed. You cannot claim to have off topic subjects based on your feelings, you cannot impose your will on others or ban items, its human nature, deal with it.

Bad taste stuff will annoy but just let it be like water off a ducks back, if its not your cup of tea then ignore it, sometimes bad taste humour is simply a way of dealing with something so unimaginable that the brain does not comprehend it, I doubt very much anyone finds the deaths of those innocents funny, I don't but try sitting there and work out how it managed to happen and it will destroy you, sometimes the humour helps break that chain.

Are there subjects that are taboo, probably not but timing is a key, people should be able to grieve, the saying "too soon?" is apt.

EDIT:

Before anyone jumps down my throat for mentioning Americans and Muslims directly let me explain, I chose those two because both exude a deep seated belief of being the best of the best, radicals Muslims believe their religion is the ultimate one and must be forced upon people, righteous Americans proclaims themselves the most powerful people on the planet and that the American way of life is as good as it gets, neither of these two like jokes about them or their lifestyles but both ridicule others.

Sorry but the jokes actually on both of you, Radical Muslims are not following their religion, they are following a bastardised man made version, the actual Koran tells its followers to EMBRACE other religions in a way of learning, it does not say to force yours on others, it simply says you should teach people about it and if they like then they join, if not then you have done your part and move on.

The joke being there is that the radicals are following men who actually break every rule in that religion.

The same thing is happening in America, your leaders destroy your economy and kill your own with a sickening regularity, you are proud people and rightly so but your so called leaders are anything but that.

So yes, both sides deserve some jokes about them, relax and let it happen, ignore what you don't like but if we ban humour it will be the start of madness.

As long as you do the right thing based on decency, honour and respect then you have every right to hold your head high..
edit on 18-8-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I don't know where to start with this. Firstly, it's clearly racist. I'm assuming the implication is that the person in the picture is an Asian taxi driver? Casual racism maybe, but nonetheless it's there.

Secondly, people died ffs. I assume no-one you know died otherwise you may have been a little less crass.

Worst thread I've seen on ATS ever, that's quite an accolade. Well done, give yourself a good pat on the back.
edit on 18/8/2012 by 0010110011101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by rbnhd76

Hey mate, a sense of humour is a healthy thing imo, if you can't laugh about anything then what's the point? And I know human heartache also, so don't pull the moral crap either.

Additionally, if it wasn't for the incompetence of the U.S. Government, there wouldn't have been a 9/11. Whether that incompetence was deliberate or not, is also another matter

I second this statement. Cold. Hard. Fact.
Laugh or sit and cry about it for the rest of your life, they are the choices.

The U.S gov picked a fight with some people that they thought could not fight back and they guessed wrong, so everybody except the real culprits pay for it.

It's a similar scenario to the one played out in the Pearl Jam song... Jeremy. .."Oooh, but we unleashed a lion..." "...And he hit me with a surprise left, my jaw left hurtin, ooh dropped wide open..."

On it's most basic level, this is what happened.

you can't take the moral high ground until you deal with the idiots that incited this in the first place.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
I don't know where to start with this. Firstly, it's clearly racist. I'm assuming the implication is that the person in the picture is an Asian taxi driver? Casual racism maybe, but nonetheless it's there.

Secondly, people died ffs. I assume no-one you know died otherwise you may have been a little less crass.

Worst thread I've seen on ATS ever, that's quite an accolade. Well done, give yourself a good pat on the back.
edit on 18/8/2012 by 0010110011101 because: (no reason given)

More then half of the jokes in existence involve people who are dead.
And it is only your perception of the picture that is racist, not the picture itself. It has no explanation, it's just a picture and it is left up to the viewer to make up their own minds as to what it means to them and how they will choose to interpret it.

You don't HAVE to find it funny but you DO have to realize that your interpretation of it is yours alone.

ADD: I'll be posting this one on FB and see how many of my American and middle eastern friends find this funny.
edit on 18-8-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
8/10, OP.

But, I'm afraid, this is the best 9/11 pic:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm still laughing. For the ones who say it isn't funny, it is.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Are you freaking serious you should be thrown off ATS I am highly insulted
that you find this funny! PLease MODS remove this thread

edit on 03/30/09 by starlitestarbrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by starlitestarbrite

??????????? Because your offended we should take down the thread? Wow. Just wow..

I can't wait until Obama get's another 4 years in office and takes away more of our rights and Freedom Of Speach.
Oh Wait. Did Romney win and take away our right to Freedom Of Speach?
I'm confused.

We should get rid of punk music too. Those punkers throw each other around in a mosh pit and someone always gets hurt.

While we're at it? Stop rock music too. They smoke that hippy chit at those concerts.

Let me think here. OH I GET IT. If I don't like this I can go to another topic. I GET IT! I don't HAVE to go to a punk concert.

Just kidding.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Was just posting and deleted what i had in mind, this subject is just to touchy to joke about Ill keep my thoughts to myself. Maybe thats what should have been done with that pic.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
I know it's not very P.C. but this cracked me up

No your right its not very PC but it is funny as hell
come on guys this is clearly meant as a joke abit like the official lie infact muslims hijacking a Datsun and crashing it into the twin towers is probably more believable IMHO

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't get it.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob

Originally posted by starlitestarbrite

??????????? Because your offended we should take down the thread? Wow. Just wow..

I can't wait until Obama get's another 4 years in office and takes away more of our rights and Freedom Of Speach.
Oh Wait. Did Romney win and take away our right to Freedom Of Speach?
I'm confused.

We should get rid of punk music too. Those punkers throw each other around in a mosh pit and someone always gets hurt.

While we're at it? Stop rock music too. They smoke that hippy chit at those concerts.

Let me think here. OH I GET IT. If I don't like this I can go to another topic. I GET IT! I don't HAVE to go to a punk concert.

Just kidding.

I'm glad you're joking mate, without punk music, there goes one of my life's motivating factors

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

all worked up over a fake pic
honestly , heres the real pic

bushBox

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I do not think it is funny, I did not loose any family in the 9/11 event but I can only imagine what it would have been like for all the innocent souls that perished that morning.

If I lost a love one that day I know I would have a missing part in my heart all my life.... people that think this is funny IMO need to grow up.

This picture is disrespectful and anyone that thinks this is funny IMO has a problem.....a real ....real... problem.

SHAME ON YOU

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Dude, you may be going to hell....but that IS FUNNUY AS F**K! Now take your ATS beating!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
lol, nice one OP. I found it funny.

Yes...the pic is funny, not what happened.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
8/10, OP.

But, I'm afraid, this is the best 9/11 pic:

haha, awesome.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yeah, Uh I don't find that very funny at all. Even more disturbing is your post heading "Funniest Ever 9/11 pic" I am all about a good joke. Sometimes even if its in bad taste, but really this takes the cake.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

lol..not bad but i see your pic and raise you this clip.
the opening sequence from the movie postal.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join