It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is not Light; God is Space (Nothing)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Do you believe that God is an "eternal" light that created all things? I am wondering where this belief came from. I am not talking to one specific religious person (Christian, Jewish, etc.), I am addressing all who has this sort of belief system, but let me quote something from The Bible anyway:

Genesis 1
King James Version (KJV)

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

If God created "The Kingdom of Heaven (A Place of SPIRIT)" and God created "The Earth" (A Place of PHYSICAL)", and there was "void" and "darkness", doesn't that mean that God isn't Light since he was dwelling in Darkness all this time if he created Light? Obviously there is a difference between "The Light" and "God".

Now let's continue:

Isaiah 45:7
King James Version (KJV)

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

So, not only did God create "Light", but God also created "Darkness", not only does God create "Peace", but he also creates "Evil", in other words, God creates all things in existence whether Good or Bad, Peaceful or Evil.

In Genesis, it says that God even created "Spirit" (Heaven) and "Physical" (Earth); so what is God?

1 John 4:16
King James Version (KJV)

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Ok, so God is "Love" and whoever lives in "love" automatically lives in "God", and "God" is in him, which means that God "IS" this definition of "Love" itself, but there are so many definitions of "Love" so let's see what The Bible says about Love, shall we?

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away

Notice it said that Love does not delight in "evil" but rejoices with "the truth" - not goodness - not evil - but truth.

Notice also that it said that "Love holds NO records of wrongs" - so there is no Judgement or Book of Life. Love can never fail, and when in it - the prophecies ceases - the tongues still - the knowledge "passes away".

So, let's do some logical deduction here:

God is NOT Light (God created it)
God is NOT Darkness (God created it)
God is NOT Peace or Evil (God created it)
God is NOT Spirit (God created it)
God is NOT Physical (God created it)
God is LOVE
Love is "patient" , "not self-seeking", "not holding records of wrongs", surpasses "knowledge", and never "fails"...

It seems to me that since God can not be any of those things, and this definition of love is that which causes "stillness" of the "tongue", lets the knowledge "passes away", rejoices in "truth" (rather than good and evil), and never "fails" or "punishes" (no record of wrongs are held), and whoever lives in this "Love" will automatically have God "in him".

It seems to me that God is "Space", the space that we create to allow ourselves to be quiet and to forget about the past harm done. From "Space" all things arise the good and evil but they are all aspects of truth (reality). From Space "Spirit" (Less Physical Matter) and "Earth" (Physical Matter) comes to exist, and so does "Light" and "Darkness". Space can never be "Self-Seeking" but always "patient" and "kind" to others since it does NOT push against.

What do you think of this?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So your saying that God is black?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You're confusing literal facts, such as "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth... 'let there be light'" etc., with allusions to God's character, such as "God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all."

It's that simple.

Plus, your logic is flawed, in that space is not "nothing". Space has a fabric. It can be bent; it can be stretched; it can be folded. Space is not a void, nor is it empty by any means. It simply has greater "space" to it than objects that we would consider solid, making it permeable.

For example... the desk at which I sit is more "space" than "solid". It feels solid, however, because of the interaction between the atoms of which I am composed, and the atoms of which the desk is composed. They repel one another, giving the illusion of solidity.

Likewise space is also comprised of relative degrees of "space" and "solid", but the ratio has shifted, enabling it to be permeable, and for objects to be transmissible through it.

Space is anything but nothing. Literally.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
God is all things (space time matter EVERYTHING) and ALL religions are man made lies for fools to bed with

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

neti, neti

22nd line

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
if yout are right about this then that makes us all Space Cadets.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Light is very commonly reported in mystical experience.

I know myself during my more profound meditation sessions I would experience a presence of mind that would be enveloped in what I could best describe as pure light.

The light from a lamp is not the same as this spiritual light but similar just enough to think of it as light

I think mystics refer to it as light not because of its relationship with darkness (its color or brightness), rather, just like the light of the lamp, you are enveloped by it entirely. In this case your consciousness and not your eyes.

Hope that made some sense

edit on 17-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
You're confusing literal facts, such as "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth... 'let there be light'" etc., with allusions to God's character, such as "God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all."

It's that simple.

No, I am aware that it MAY be a metaphor but obviously others aren't since they believe that God IS Light (itself).

Originally posted by Awen24
Plus, your logic is flawed, in that space is not "nothing". Space has a fabric. It can be bent; it can be stretched; it can be folded. Space is not a void, nor is it empty by any means. It simply has greater "space" to it than objects that we would consider solid, making it permeable.

I already know this, I'm speaking in simple terms, not quantum physics.

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Light is very commonly reported in mystical experience.

I know myself during my more profound meditation sessions I would experience a presence of mind that would be enveloped in what I could best describe as pure light.

The light from a lamp is not the same as this spiritual light but similar just enough to think of it as light

But why do people call "The Light" God? If God is the creator of all things, isn't the true God the space that is contained the light?

Many Near Death Experiences talks about seeing "The Light" and as they zoom out they noticed that there is just space (darkness) around it... it is containing this "spiritual" light.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

But why do people call "The Light" God? If God is the creator of all things, isn't the true God the space that is contained the light?

Some people believe God wanted people in the past to stone to death virgins. People have all sorts of different beliefs on what God is and our relationship to God.

So I can't represent anyone but myself and perhaps a few disciplines I am familiar with.

At a very surface level I believe God and the physical Universe are both eternal, which implies both being un-created. God being consciousness itself, the fullness of consciousness, and that consciousness is interconnected and integral to the very fabric of all existence. I believe the Universe is eternal and goes through endless cycles of birth and destruction (Big Bang to Big Crunch, or some other form). There is a perfect conservation of information and so God (Light, the fullness of consciousness) is able to influence how the Universe is to manifest itself each time. For what purpose? Because creation is a super awesome way to spend eternity?

Many Near Death Experiences talks about seeing "The Light" and as they zoom out they noticed that there is just space (darkness) around it... it is containing this "spiritual" light.

I never experience that with meditation. So I myself can't relate but I do understand that's sometimes reported. Devils advocate says that might be influenced by the biological processes of dying. I don't know.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I am not talking to one religious person, but i will only quote the christian bible lol, makes sense to me....... anyway sorry to poke fun, just sarcastic in nature.

Let me help shed some light on the questions and thoughts you have in regards to Genesis 1, and by light i mean information, not good as apposed to evil =)

In Genesis 1, the original hebrew text for the word " heavens " is shamayim which actually read in context means nothing more than the skies or the "visible heavens". All this opening statement is trying to convey is that the creator made the earth and all that you see. Digging deeper when it talks about "formless" this is my opinion is saying there was only matter at this point.

Secondly when god creates light the word " 'owr " is used which more accurately translates to light of heavenly luminaries ( or lights in the sky ) and if you know about planet formations, planets formed by condensing in orbits around stars. and if you had gone onto verse 5 you would have read that after dividing the light "God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And lthere was evening and there was morning, one day." so to me this is the point at which planets had formed and began to orbit and rotation, defining our perception of night and day.

Its also interesting to note that up until Genisis 2, the word " elohiym " is used to describe this "god" which actually means "divine ones" ( yah plural, strange huh?) its not until genesis 2 that the word "yehova" which means "the existing One" is used.

Not sure what to make of it all, but theres some extra info on the subject.

And when reading such old text, on any subject matter, it is important to realize that it was not written to our time and that many meanings have changed over the years. The best way to really learn about ancient texts is to study the culture and language of the day. just my two cents anyways

edit on 17-8-2012 by twistedlogic because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2012 by twistedlogic because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
God is all things (space time matter EVERYTHING) and ALL religions are man made lies for fools to bed with

Agreed. I can only guess we cannot comprehend the nature of how everytthing works. Hence infinity, an infinite number of infinite possibilities and what we know as reality is a fraction of something with no limits. Just have to have faith you will always be in some form or another as one would say energy cannot be destroyed, it would merely change states. Maybe the belief in this makes it a reality when one dies. Nobody knows, I wish religions all around would realize the past is the past. Let's move on and act like decent human beings and go from there, removing what don't work along the way. Seems easy but sure is taking awhile.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Right on the money; we human beings label "god" in order for our conscious mind to attempt to wrap around the idea of a divine force that has been for eternity. Lose the label and "god" just is. Everything and nothing at the same time; as above, so below.

As Thoth once said a very long time ago, "Know that all is Order from Chaos born into light."

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

errrr.......totally missed the point of your post rambling on about Genesis lol, anyway..... if we're using the bible as reference i would say god/love is not space because "It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." and at least in the way that i view space, it could do none of these. Love is not only not self seeking, but also selfless, and space is only concerned with its immediate surroundings. Also love is used as a verb continuously through out the bible, it is more than space but an action as well.

ahhhh and this totally wasn't supposed to be a reply to "sgspecial19" sorry....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by twistedlogic

Genesis is a human being's interpretation of "god"; forget about texts and manuscripts because words cannot describe the essensce of all that is in the multiverse.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by twistedlogic
reply to post by sgspecial19

ahhhh and this totally wasn't supposed to be a reply to "sgspecial19" sorry....

Gotcha

2nd

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Good post. Here is something to consider. If you can name God, then you have not named God, but an aspect of multiplicity from the overall unity that is God. God is Unity would be more accurate. Nothing is a good way to describe the dual aspect of infinity. There cannot be an infinite amount of finite things. There cannot be a finite amount of infinite things. Unity describes the infinite and eternal. Eternal is a state of no motion or change, yet we change and are in motion. Zoom out far enough in the void to see God from a sufficient distance and he is a dot. You are the second dot. Zoom in to the farthest aspect possible and you simply see an expansive amount of dots in all directions, much as we see our universe from within. God is without what he creates, yet nothing is without him. The universe is a void opened within and broken into multiplicity. Archetypes of this are Nimrod and Osiris.

God's Son is the macrocosm, or cosmos. We are the microcosm, or little cosmos. Each is infinity in motion. God is all and not in motion. He is Eternal, we are immortal and mortal. Christ is immortal and eternal.

Nimrod because of language and Babel and Osiris for the same reason, but different symbolic representation. This story is reflected throughout. Love is the law and fulfillment of the overall multiplicity of the single law.

If you love, no law is needed. If you show a break in the chain of law, you are outside the law and require a rule to bring you back into unity. As we break infinity apart by pieces, we see Isis bringing Osiris back together again.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. Why was here there in the first place? He wanted to see what was over the wall. What is the wall? The wall is the veil. It is the cloud that overshadows and diffuses light. It is the Amnion of the womb covering the amniotic fluid. This is symbolism for Amnesia, all deriving from the same root. Amnion makes the word lamb from the same root, symbolic of pulling the wool over the eyes so the Shepherd can cut away what is no longer needed. He the takes that wool and makes it white as snow, looking like a cloud. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall (Unity to multiplicity). Our fall cause a break. If we had waited, we would have hatched. Because we didn't wait, it takes the love of God to Shepherd us back again, all the while, we are shedding wool each season and being reborn. You must be reborn, again and again. Baptism is our immersion into the waters of reality with the cloud over our eyes (Wool blinding us / Sin covering us as evil). The evil cloud that overshadows us is the same root that makes Nephilim.

Revelation 1:7

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Cloud is the word nephelē. It also derives the word Nephilim, a cloud of evil spirits covering the people. This usage was shown in the book of Enoch 1 to describe the Evil Beings that corrupted Mankind. The cloud was the same as the one in Jude 1 and Enoch to describe Jesus coming in the clouds with an army of angels to rescue mankind.

When Christ comes, he removes the veil and shows us that our wool is white as snow. Did we do this? No. Christ did this for us in love. This kind of love is seen by simply knowing what the seed to the root love is all about.

The Seed

The will to give and receive is love. The will to take is hate. We express our covering in the next life by the covering of this life. We produce the wool. Only one Savior can both Shepherd us and Sheer us at the same time, all the while, making the wool white as snow. A cloud is what Jesus will come in. He comes within our confusion and opens the sky to the light.

All of the king's horses (TOOLS) and all of the king's men (Scientists, priests, mathematicians and so on) could not put Man back in his place of Glory again.

God had to do it.

edit on 17-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

God is not a 'thing'. God is the 'seer' of things.
If some 'thing' is being seen then God is present.

God shines the light and God sees the light (the glory of God).

The body you see and the thoughts you see are the glory of God as are all the sights and sounds and fragrances and sensations.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
All things created exist. light,space.man,ect...God is not an equal or an extra. God is not IN existence because he IS existence. Your thread makes little or no sense to me.

top topics

join