It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do with the U.S.S. Enterprise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's an interesting move that could change the U.S. Political scene, the Mid-east and the stock market over-night.
Lend/lease the Big E to the State of Israel.
Obama can continue the slashing of the military budget, appease the Pro-Iraeli crowd and give pause to the Islamic Extremists all in one fell swoop and actually pull off an adept political move that could assure his re-election.

Right up to today, the rhetoric from Iran seems to suggest they want Israel to start a war. Why else would one feed the very countries,(Israel and the U.S.) that would use that rhetoric as a motivation to act pre-emptively against them?

Do they feel an initial attack would cause minimal damage and act as a spark for a major war in the Mid-east?

Israel has logistical problems attacking Iran with any effectiveness. Any "bases" offered to them would give a heads-up to Iran and make an attack very expensive for Israel, both in men and material, especially if Iran has the latest S.A.M.s from Russia as has been rumoured.

An aircraft carrier equipped Israel changes the equation completely.
An attack by Israel so equipped could cause far more damage than the current scenario. It completely changes the dynamics of the Med. and would allow an even larger "draw-down" by the U.S. in the region.

It costs the U.S. less, preserves the basic U.S. policy in the region and puts the onus on Israel, where, rightly it belongs.

It isn't perfect, yet the nations/individuals who would be upset with this "move" aren't connected to the upcoming election.

At the least, it's a better way to garner support in the up-coming election than a US attack against Iran if the polls slip......

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The U.S.S. Enterprise is sceduled for de-commisioning at the end of this deployment, Sorry.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

And GITMO was planned to be closed during Obama first 4 years

We will see what happens, I think this is a potential plan TPTB will find attractive because they will get money ( for showing the folks at home how good this is in current economic times ) and they will have leverage with Israel standing on their own legs to start something.

Not ideal but if you are picking a fight any thing that potentially could help escalate things is welcome I guess.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
No if Israel wants one, they can build it themselves. We do not need to give, lend, lease or sell it to a hostile country that is just as likely to use it against their allies as their enemies. Take the Enterprise and turn her into a museum.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Sink it and blame Iran.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It simply will not work. The Enterprise is fifty years old and worn out. There are no spare parts. It's a one-of-a-kind ship, the only one in its class. If you were to refuel it that would take about four years. Israel does not have carrier capability. You don't just put a few sailors on it and start landing planes. It would take ten years for them to get up to speed. Plus you don't just have "a" carrier. Each strike group has about ten ships for support. It would do absolutely no good against Iran unless it was in the Persian Gulf. The Meditteranean is way too far away. If Israel were offered the Enterprise, they would say, "No, thanks" and that would be an excellent decision on their part.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
isn't the USS enterprise that ship that was supposed to get false flagged??

and they give it to the Isreali's for what reason?

for it be false flagged and start a war?

sorry OP i am afraid you have it all wrong
iran is a peaceful nation (the whole anti-american/isreal thing is BS)
and dont post stupid YT videos of them saying "death to isreal" and "death to USA"
is mistranslation at the least... besides there is difference in saying and DOING something

please ignore all the warmongering rhetoric and think...

why would iran want to enrich uranium?
(to sell on the market for nuclear reactors)
apparently it is a BIG money buisiness and throws a spanner in the works of some country's
(usa payed russia for some of theirs in 1994 some 11 billion+ dollars changed hands)

the main stream media are portaying "the evil islam" to demonize them into being inferiour on the financial scale
they want them to be held back as well as they held back african nations

they fear what the cheap labour will do the their economys

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

i dont think they have the naval support structures harbors repair yards etc big enough for the Enterprise not to mention while their af is good they like most nations have very little experience dealing with carrier ops nor do they have a a big enough fleet to form up a decent enough battle group to utilize carrier doctrine let alone the shear cost would be staggering

let alone the confined areas of their home waters do not lend them selves to carrier warfare as in such narrow and confined waterways the survivability of the BG would be to low to warrent trying to feild a Carrier battle group it might make sense but i think it would end up being one big target let alone if it was ever in port it could problay be with in range of various weapons platforms that would make it vulnerable when docked

personaly i think we should just turn it into a musem like we do with alot of our older more historic ships and that way they can make a bit of money to put back in the economy

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
We almost lost one boat to israeli terrorists.
It was the U.S.S LIBERTY, we managed to save the boat but it cost 34 US boys their lives.
I would hope the US would not be stupid enough to put such a tool in the hands of these terrorists.
It's bad enough we give them our cash and weapons.
I thought this war was supposed to be against terrorism, not for...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

personaly i think we should just turn it into a musem like we do with alot of our older more historic ships and that way they can make a bit of money to put back in the economy

That would be cool, but they're going to cut it up. The problem with this design is that they did not appreciate the complexity of taking out the reactors, so they have to cut a hole through the main deck and lift them out. Once you do that the damage to the ship is severe enough that it wouldn't work as a museum. So razor blades it is for the Big E.

Here's a list of the disposition of our decommissioned carriers (not including Enterprise.) Only two, the Ranger and the Kennedy, are possibilities for museums. As you can see, the rest are in the "scrap or sink" category.

CV-59 Forrestal, 1955—1993, Newport, RI, Fate: scrap or sink
CV-60 Saratoga, 1956—1994, Newport, RI, Fate: scrap or sink
CV-61 Ranger, 1957—1993, Bremerton, WA, Fate: scrap or museum
CV-62 Independence, 1959—1998, Bremerton, WA, Fate: scrap or sink
CV-63 Kitty Hawk, 1961—2009, Bremerton; WA, Fate: reserve until 2015
CV-64 Constellation, 1961—2003, Bremerton, Fate: scrap or sink
CV-66 America, 1965—1996, Fate: scuttled in live fire exercise, 2005
CV-67 John F Kennedy, 1968—2007, Philadelphia, Fate: donation hold

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
It was the U.S.S LIBERTY, we managed to save the boat but it cost 34 US boys their lives.
I would hope the US would not be stupid enough to put such a tool in the hands of these terrorists.

There is the possibility that it was America to begin with who wanted Israel to carry out the sinking of the Liberty.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

There is the possibility that it was America to begin with who wanted Israel to carry out the sinking of the Liberty.

Seriously? I'm fairly familiar with the incident, but certainly no expert. I hadn't heard that theory before. Do you have any documentation on this possibility? TIA.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Seriously? I'm fairly familiar with the incident, but certainly no expert. I hadn't heard that theory before. Do you have any documentation on this possibility? TIA.

That's what I'm saying.
There were some crooked politicians in washington that helped cover up this murder, but It seems the military did not want to murder their own, as they did try to respond to the terrorists, well until they got ORDERS to not render aid...
The whole story is right here, Remember the U.S.S LIBERTY.
And I still disagree with giving or selling our equipment to terrorist states.
Especially ones who have murdered our boys and to this day have not payed, except for a few million in blood money...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

That's what I'm saying.
There were some crooked politicians in washington that helped cover up this murder, but It seems the military did not want to murder their own, as they did try to respond to the terrorists, well until they got ORDERS to not render aid...

Two different stories. Focus. The claim I was asking documentation for was that the US WANTED Israel to attack in advance. In other words, it was a set-up from the get go BY THE AMERICANS. What you've got here is the cover-up afterwards, which I'm not disputing. I know what happened afterwards as well as anyone.

I realize this is drifting off the topic of the Enterprise, so if OP says go elsewhere, I accept that.....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

That's a good point. It has what? eight reactors? They can't make a museum out of it, too hard to remove the reactors.
Forgot about the support vessels.... Still, just announcing it would have some serious prayer carpet time in the the Muslim community..

It's amazing how good our people are that can keep equipment that old functioning at the level that they do. Same as the B-52, f-15 so on....

Oh well it was good thought, not practical though...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I doubt the liberty issue is valid now. First of all, can't blame Israel. Gota put it on Johnson. Second, it didn't work as a false flag anyways. Israel doesn't make that mistake again. Especially, with all the high tech that would record it six ways to sunday....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I've seen it on the web, but will have to look for it. It states that President Johnson ordered, I believe, a carrier to ignore the attack and turn back. Apparently, one of the joint chiefs stated similarly after retirement. It implies the plan was ordered by the "White House" for the purpose of blaming Egypt and going to war with them. Re the Canal?

I don't say I'm buying it, BUT, Johnson was a democrat so anything is possible.....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Well said, My exact thoughts as well.

These old navel Vessels deserve a good retirement as a museum. They earned battle stars and badges themselves carrying the brave crew through battle. I myself have always been against sinking our retired navel fleet for a natural reef.

Especially what is left of the WWII Fleet.

For those who have served and lived with these ships they almost become a part of them, And I've known many to shed a tear after seeing the retired fleet shelled and sunk. I have myself.

Added Content
Hit enter to quick before finishing post.

Selling, renting and outright handing out or fleets like this is downright treason. Specially to a war hungry country as they are. It has happened in the past with smaller vessles and Aircraft, But the Enterprise was and still is to some A Flagship of Navel power. It was Our first Nuke powered Carrier. I'm not sure what is worse, scraping, sinking or handing over to the highest bidder.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Pegasus2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Re LBJ,

It's in a Fox report on You tube Re LBJ "ordering" the attack....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I didn't think this through very well, did I? Oh well. age, logistics, support vessels, expertise.....

It raises an interesting question, can China, Russia even anyone else really match that expertise, infrastucture the US has? At least, in the near term?

Maybe, collectively, the whole world. Other than that, it doesn't look like it. Those carrier task forces around the world are pure game changers. Even giving one away doesn't change much....

new topics

<<   2 >>

join