It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment rates rose in 44 U.S. states in July

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

More bad news for Obama and the banana peel Democrats.

Maybe it ain't their fault (or is it?) but millions of unemployed Voters think so.

Not to mention the small and medium businesses that want to hire more people and make more money.

And I bet even some people who are employed have a beef.

Perhaps some extra help would ease some of the pressure that many workers are under.

Pressures like wondering if they will be laid off soon.

And pressures like having to do the work of two people just to keep your job.

Maybe a lot of part timers would like full time too.

Washington Times story

WASHINGTON (AP) — Unemployment rates rose in 44 U.S. states in July, the most states to show a monthly increase in more than three years and a reflection of weak hiring nationwide.

The Labor Department said Friday that unemployment rates fell in only two states and were unchanged in four.

Unemployment rates rose in nine states that are considered battlegrounds in the presidential election. That trend, if it continued, could pose a threat to President Barack Obama’s re-election bid in less than three months......
(2 page article)

Obama has a problem.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

CHAINS WE CAN BELIEVE IN?????

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
That's not what the obama camp is saying??
Hmmm who to believe??? Choices choices

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
But,but,but Obama spend 787 billion dollars, he save the auto industry,he delievered the care act so how have the unemployment rates rose?

Oh yeah because none of that worked even tho he said "our policies worked" the current state of the union shows just how ineffective the Obama regime has been.
edit on 17-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Did it occur to you that with the economy improving, slowly as it is, that people that were once "discouraged" from finding work have started looking again. By doing so are now counted in the unemployment numbers. Do you think they should quit applying for work so they can keep the unemployment numbers down? This was not something that was unexpected to happen.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Did it occur to you that with the economy improving, slowly as it is, that people that were once "discouraged" from finding work have started looking again. By doing so are now counted in the unemployment numbers.

Did it occur to you how insane that sounds? If they can't keep track of how many people drop off the unemployment roles, could you PLEASE tell me how they know that they are now looking for work and how that adds them back to the unemployment figures???? Or at least tell me where they are buying their crystal balls so that I can buy one and win the lottery!!!!

Try again! Or prove to me how they can calculate the stats that you are claiming please.......

More than a half million long-term unemployed people are losing their federal extended unemployment benefits. And when the checks stop coming, one of two things are likely to occur: They'll take any job they can get to stay afloat financially or they'll drop out of the labor force completely.

CNN

This from CNN, so according to a left leaning news source, things are actually worse than you are trying to portray, wouldn't you think?

edit on 17-8-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

There are 535 people in congress that share the blame. I'm sure Mr. President shares some of the blame as well.

My point is, as long as our government subsidizes corporations AND individuals, pursues a policy of welfare dependency(both corporate and individual), and continues to stifle economic freedom while spending itself into oblivion this will continue to be the trend.

Will Romney fix it? Probably not. Neither would Ron Paul if he were elected. The problems this country faces economically require an overhaul in some areas and restoration in others. The government requires reform as well. It needs to be forced to respect and abide by the Constitution, and the revolving door between corporations, special interests, PACs(of all kinds) and other people with their hands out for that government money(our money) need to be booted out of Washington.

Nothing will be fixed over night. And blaming people, at this point, is moot and simply ridiculous at an individual level. It has been the collective effort of collectivist ideology. Collectivism is a hydra, cutting the head off of one guy or another won't kill the beast. It'll simply be replaced. No, indeed education of the people and a return to individual responsibility and consequences is what this country needs.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

CHAINS WE CAN BELIEVE IN?????

Oh my GAWD isn't that the truth.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
And 163,000 new jobs were added last month and a gain in Payroll.

More people filing for unemployment...but still growth in jobs in payroll.

I get the easy swing, but it is not that simple.

Maybe post election we will see more econonmic cetaintity and confidence, until then...rocky road, but no double dip.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Not especially. They know when people start looking for work through various polls to employers through the same means they do as when they are counting them when they become unemployed. You do know that they do more than just count the people getting a check right? They also poll workplaces and staffing agencies and a number of other sources.

The real issue is fake unemployment numbers they give us to begin with. And that is both parties doing those shenanigans. It is right up there with bogus job creation numbers that include jobs paying below the median wage. Both of them are nothing more than bastardized creations that don't tell the real story. If the actual numbers were presented to the public there would be some politicians looking for work.

new topics

top topics

join