It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new section (megathread) for all of the "Mars Madness"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Let's start a vote.

I see that my Mars threads have turned into huge messes.

A few fellow ATS'ers sent me U2U's suggesting we get another forum for the Mars anomalies, because it seems many people see things in there (some stuff does LOOK like certain objects, but without any more SOL 3 data, we can't tell. Or can we?).

So who's in favor of voting for a "Mar's Madness" section? It would clean up a lot of things and would keep the so called "Mars Conspiracies" away from Earth conspiracies.

I vote to start another section. Anyone else vote in favor?

* This thread is only about the question I asked. If you vote yes or no, please explain why. Thank you.

And the Curiosity rover is there TO find life in a crater that they think used to be a lake or had liquid water in it at one point. So the possibility of fossils and artifacts are indeed possible.
edit on 8/17/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Anyone have any opinions on this matter?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

You've put a lot of work into your threads, and I've read every post, curiously silent. It's good reading.

However, are you asking for a new forum? I don't see that happening, however, it is going to be an awfully long two year mission if everyone takes a Curiousity pic and finds a face, finger, bowl, or carving in it.

Something ought to be done about the growing numbers of "anomaly" threads, but it's not out of hand yet, and could really all be due to the excitement of having a new "toy" on the Red Planet.

My current opinion is that the Space Exploration forum is the best place for such threads, and until it gets inundated with every other member pointing out a new "anomaly", or unless there really is a breakthrough discovery, SE is simply enjoying a fresh flow of traffic.

Again, just MHO.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
my opinion is that they have actually found something on mrs from previous missions. Thats why they put SO MUCH money to go back there with bette tech to get more info. Are to to be fooled to think that they would spend billions just to check out some old rocks? nah its prob summat alot more interesting, anyone agree?

new topics

top topics

join