It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi. To stop this we need........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hi.

So it has been brought to my attention that some of you don’t like me…….I don’t care.
If you don’t like me or my thoughts you don’t have to read my threads or my posts.

It is believed by many that political candidates are puppets, controlled by a puppeteer whose identity remains a mystery.
I don’t know how to combat such a mysterious opponent.

To those of you who claim our government is being controlled or manipulated by some unknown benevolent entity please share with me how you propose we stop or combat this force.

Peace.

EDIT! -

Okay I admit it I made an error in the use of my vocabulary.

I will make all necessary corrections / edits and return.

C U soon.

edit on 17-8-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
To those of you who claim our government is being controlled or manipulated by some unknown benevolent entity please share with me how you propose we stop or combat this force.

If it is a benevolent entity, why would you want to stop or combat it?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I think you chose the wrong word?

be·nev·o·lent
   [buh-nev-uh-luhnt] Show IPA

adjective
characterized by or expressing goodwill or kindly feelings: a benevolent attitude; her benevolent smile.

desiring to help others; charitable: gifts from several benevolent alumni.

intended for benefits rather than profit: a benevolent institution.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

no....i didn't choose the wrong word.........it's how you perceive it to be.
edit on 17-8-2012 by cavalryscout because: clarification

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The people who want to fight the 'PTB' would NOT call them benevolent.

At least, to date, I have heard no such description of these mysterious shadow people.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

Did you perhaps mean malevolent? That seems more on par with the descriptions I've seen used.

Sorry, meant to add this as an edit to the previous post.
edit on 17-8-2012 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
reply to post by Daemonicon

Did you perhaps mean malevolent? That seems more on par with the descriptions I've seen used.

Sorry, meant to add this as an edit to the previous post.

just so i don't have 2 repeat myself.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

So it has been brought to my attention that some of you don’t like me…….I don’t care.
If you don’t like me or my thoughts you don’t have to read my threads or my posts.

I would say most of us have members that don't like us, some of us more than others. You haven't been here long enough to have too many foes I wouldn't think. Meh, it comes with the territory around here.

I'm with Schuyler on this one.

If it is a benevolent entity, why would you want to stop or combat it?

edit on 8/17/2012 by Klassified because: duh

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Two friends, two foes... glass half empty - glass half full. Either way, at the end of the day... it's pixels on a screen.

Per your question? How do we stand up? Just like that. We stick together, ignore the rhetoric, and stand up, united, and with one voice. Until we can achieve a majority, as opposed to a highly divided plurality, we've got nothing.

My .02 cents

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
...but why would you FIGHT a peaceful entity?

That does NOT make sense, UNLESS you are TRYING to be the aggressor.

Hence my question. If you meant a bad, evil entity, then malevolent is your word. Fighting peace just doesn't make sense.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by seeker1963

edit on 17-8-2012 by cavalryscout because: clarification

You set up the thread. You get to choose the words. You said "benevolent entity" and now say you did not choose the wrong word. OK. Taking you at your word "benevolent" means a good thing. It your mythical manipulative entity is as you say, then I would not want to combat it at all because it would be in our best interests not to. A benevolent entity would, by definition, be working in our favor. It's not simply a matter of perception. It's a matter of understanding and semantics. If you mean an entity that is NOT working in our best interests, then use a different word.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The people who want to 'liberate us from TPTB' are not fighting to restore evil. They are promoting and trying to restore peace. They are not aggrivated of all the 'kindness', but of how 'selfish', 'greedy', and 'unfair' the system is. I guess I cannot fathom why anyone would want to fight a being/entity they deemed 'peaceful'

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

EDIT! - Okay I admit it I made an error in the use of my vocabulary. I will make all necessary corrections / edits and return. C U soon.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
most people come here for entertaining intelligent debate. As old as this site is...noone as changed anything politically publicly and sited ATS as their means to do so.

new topics

top topics

join