It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked FEMEN Activist Cuts Down with a Chainsaw a Big Jesus Cross for Pussy Riot

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by cerebralassassins

The thing that is pertinent to me is that Putin is a tyrant, the church supports the tyrant, and the victims of the tyrant take exception to it.

Stalingrad was 2 generations back.

My friend i dont see Putin as a Tyrant for we could that term for every current leader on the planet. You see, all governments monitor and do away with pests in some form or another, what i dont understand is why target a symbol to millions and above all target it in a city who owes alot to the Russian Church/Armed Forces. See, since we are talking about a teen...or should i say adult, she has no concept of what world war two was all about let alone its sacrifices that more than likely her descendants had to endure while under german occupation. So given that she obviously has a site and iphone and twitter and facebook its no wonder that the new generation of so called keyboard warriors are nothing more than pussy's. As its obvious and expected, Mr. Putin granted amnesty for her actions but she has refused to accept such a hand. Well i guess thats sure to bring more roubles to the bank..dont ya think so.

What she intended by this stunt is something that is not forthcoming insofar as i have found. If youhave info to the contrary, by all means share.

And yes, Putin is no more a tyrant than a handful of other nations. But just because a turd measured against other turds is not quite as bad, relatively....we have to remember that a turd is still a turd. No amount of comparison and polishing up is going to make it anything other than a turd. Being a conservative libertarian by nature, i find myself resembling more of an anarchist when considering the current government. Although I believe in the rule of law, I am of the opinion that any speaking out against the oppression of governance is a good thing, so long as you make payment for damages and dont' harm others. Civil disobedience in the cornerstone of freedom.

And I respect what she did not because she looked cool doing it (the opposite....she made me nervous with her lack of control, and i feared she would disembowel herself). And not because I agree with her method. I respect what she did because it is an act of civil disobedience against an oppressive government. I don't care if it is more oppressive, or less oppressive than another nation. That is immaterial. A turd is a turd, and she was protesting against the local turd. The one that is stinking up her neck of the woods.

RE: the church....it is not a person. I don't care what the church did 60 years ago. The same people aren't even still in charge. What loyalty is owed to a building and a governing body? None, I say. Loyalties lie with people. Reverence lies with people. The people who make decisions for a company are the "good souls", not the company itself.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
The band as you say is Russian, but to choose a nation (Ukraine) as your podium has deeper implications that she and/or her band and parents are fully aware of.
The band is Russian and did their "performance" in a Russian church.
The activist group FEMEN is Ukrainian, and this member of FEMEN did her "performance" in Kiev, Ukraine.

Neither chose a different country from the one they are originally from.

new topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join