It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked FEMEN Activist Cuts Down with a Chainsaw a Big Jesus Cross for Pussy Riot

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
HMMM half nakied chick, with a chain saw, cutting down a cross, we need more protests like this, just hope she did not get a splinter.

Well if they were in the USA they have every right to protest peacfully, once the cross got cut down, they infringed on someone else rights. If this was in New York City they can walk around topless all they want, shout and chant, and gather for the protest, but i think if someone whipped out a chainsaw and cut down a cross. They would still end up in jail, unless they made the cross, erected it, then cut it down....

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
A) she is not attractive, but then again what kind of feminist with a chainsaw would be?
B) she is not naked
C) cutting down a Jesus cross is lame
D) with that amount of crew this is not an impromptu vandalism. Extra lame.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Mainstream religions teaches abot not worshipping Idols, espacially when civilisation was new and young.

There is a reason for it, and it is because our ancestors would only get emotionally attached to the man-made object, care more about the object/symbol, then the civilisational teachings and humankind.

In ancient days, kings and nobles construct images of themselves or they symbols, to honor them for their deeds by other generations. A free will choice of societies, and acceptable with so long as humankind DO NOT worship them and treat them as gods.

But some use those effigies to misguide mankind, so much that any who do not worship it, would be punished.

Today, many condemn the chainsaw lady and sought to punish her for her act. What is more important - the human life, or a lifeless man-made symbol?

What that lady done was wrong - give her a fair trial, listen to her reasons, and if warranted, charge her for vandalism. She had hurt or harm no human life. All that she achieved was only the destruction of a man-made object, BUT NOT the very memory of what that symbol had been, for those whom are faithful, true and sincere to that memory and are not hypocrites.

Destroyed man-made structures can always be rebuilt again, no matter how many times it is destroyed by man, for a symbol is only man-made and created by will and courage, BUT once a life is destroyed, there is NO rebuilding back. It is gone forever, as fleeting as a timed second that can never be retreived back again...

Thus, may mankind be wary of putting too much value onto lifeless objects, such as symbols and buildings. They can never be more important than a single life, no matter how artistic, how priceless, how monumental they are.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Why destroying the property of God
when they are supposedly anti Putin .. WTH

they can spit on a Putin picture .. i wouldnt care a bit
or throw him shoes during a speech.. but cutting 20 feet Jesus Cross
it has gone to far

are they trying to enrage all the Christians .. this is a hatred religious war they are doing

Benrl you should know better
edit on 8/17/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Look I hate quoting Biblical stuff

DEUTERONOMY 4:15-16 " Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire, lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure…."

but i do recal that "God" would get quite upset with us for worshipping idols, or carved impressions, now a 20ft crucifix man now thats ass whoopin time in my books same for Rio, i think she just done the christian movement a favour dont you!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

When i was younger going to church every sunday, i always thought it was wrong to sit and pray to a cross at the front of the church. When i got older, i realized that i did not need a symbol to pray to God.

Some people just put to much authority into the symbols the church uses, which to me goes against what God intended for the christians. To worship, pray, or idolize even a cross can be against God's will of "do not put any other god before Me." i think it was said like that.... I don't know my verse really well,

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I have no more proof than you do. BTW I do not need priests, rabbis, witch doctors, shamans, or other hucksters to stand between me and God. God can speak to the masses as easily as he can speak to sanctified con men.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What exactly is a "Jesus cross"?

Why do some feel it is such a sacred symbol? Do we have Jesus nails, or Jesus sponges of vinegar? How about Jesus spears, or Jesus thorny crowns? Why not worship these, as well?
If it is the symbolism of the power of Christ, why not empty Jesus burial wraps, or giant removable Jesus tombstones?

The power of Christ resides in His Resurrection. Not His crucifiction!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

i think everyone is failing to see the bigger picture here. how did a super hot chick topless, manage to hack down a 20ft crucifix without any interuption from the police or upset people.
this clearly,clearly, took this chick forever to take it down as you can tell by the cuts and repeats in the footage, and the action in which she used,clearly shows ammateur skills which means the crucifix could have fell in any direction depending on wind or wood grain etc. the other 2 idiots holding the rope would have been dragged along for the ride or crushed (interesting viewing) anyone who has ever wielded a chainsaw should back me up on that.
Anyway the point i'm trying to make is RT set this up I feel, she flips around on the saw for ages,footage cuts and repeats a few times, then the crucifix falls perfectly away down slope with a "clean edge" are you for real!!!!!!! come on people.
then they run off as if time is of the essence pfft.
this whole scenario I believe was staged

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Whoever this blonde woman was, I want to shake her hand.

I find it hilarious that we're all about freedom of speech, but as soon as someone touches the cross, it's game over. Bunch of zealous oppression-mongers.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

they can spit on a Putin picture .. i wouldnt care a bit
or throw him shoes during a speech.. but cutting 20 feet Jesus Cross
it has gone to far

Stop making this about your own personal sense of indignation. Start paying attention to the message they were trying to send.

"It's not what they said, it's how they said it." Are you a woman now? Stop crying and start listening!

edit on 18-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Ben81

Whoever this blonde woman was, I want to shake her hand.

I find it hilarious that we're all about freedom of speech, but as soon as someone touches the cross, it's game over. Bunch of zealous oppression-mongers.

Like the late, great Carlin said, "Those are symbols. I'll leave them to the symbol minded"

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Then if someone was going to chainsaw a washington statue in a US public park
or cut the head of the big bull at Wall Street

it would be okay in your book

Then explain me why those cops are so nervous and pissed off to protect the bull
its not okay to escalade it but its okay to destroy it you will say ?

because someone could get hurt if they ride that big bull

that thing must cost a thousand time more then the 25 ft cross
who again value symbols and material stuff more then human life ?
the US government .. and who are they protecting again ? the pussies
the irony and hypocrisy is mindbloging

why would this bull made of heavy expensive bronze
would be more important then a 25 ft Jesus cross ?

at least the Jesus cross is for a good purpose
of reminding us about Jesus sacrifice for us
this bull represent nothing but lucifer big money pocket

found the bull wall street tiny brother

edit on 8/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Then if someone was going to chainsaw a washington statue in a US public park
or cut the head of the big bull at Wall Street

it would be okay in your book

Then explain me why those cops are so nervous and pissed off to protect the bull
its not okay to escalade it but its okay to destroy it you will say ?

because someone could get hurt if they ride that big bull

that thing must cost a thousand time more then the 25 ft cross
who again value symbols and material stuff more then human life ?
the US government .. and who are they protecting again ? the pussies
the irony and hypocrisy is mindbloging

why would this bull made of heavy expensive bronze
would be more important then a 25 ft Jesus cross ?

at least the Jesus cross is for a good purpose
of reminding us about Jesus sacrifice for us
this bull represent nothing but lucifer big money pocket

found the bull wall street tiny brother

You answered your own question: because of monetary value.

I don't know who owns the cross. I would bet they will seek recourse, and they have every right to do so. She was being a moron for cutting down anything, the fact that its a cross is irrelevant

But your outrage....is it serious? Do you really think that your version of morality should be shared by everyone else? That your value in a symbol matters so much that the fact that you didn't even know that particular cross existed yesterday is made immaterial.....that doesn't seem a little fanatical to you?

Its a piece of wood. Someone's property. I am sorry you put so much into your symbols. But your disbelief at everyone else's lack of outrage is not only morose, but very uncharacteristic of you.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Apples and oranges,all over the OP.
1) I can say that i support Micky Mouse and go cut down statue of Liberty. Does it make Micky Mouse villain?
2) Supporting the performance and protesting against rediculous punishment is not the same. Most people say that that groups action is wrong ,but punishment is unjust and smells of government repressions. If they sang about how great Putin is - do you think they would get 2 years labour camp?
3) Cutting cross is disgusting. Much more then singing in a Church. Do you think she will get 2 years for this in Ukraine? I am pretty sure she will not.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Then if someone go cut the bull head in Wall street
he will get away with it ?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Then if someone go cut the bull head in Wall street
he will get away with it ?

What are you talking about?

I don't know if this lady got away with it or not. I would guess that the owner of the cross would have a decision to make.

The owner of the bull....i suspect that he took issue with it. I would also suspect that they pressed charges.

It isn't up to the police as to whether or not the property was damaged. It is up to the owner. Maybe the owner of the cross thought it was a great idea....i just don't know.

But lets be honest....you don't care about property damage. you have already expressed your outrage: that someone would dare to cut down that cross....which you didn't even know existed yesterday and outside of its shape had no meaning to you whatsoever. Even more, it isn't even the fact that it was a cross, but that it was a big cross. Like you already mentioned, it was a "reminder of the sacrifice of Christ" or something like that. Your outrage is attached to metaphorical phallus being cut off (the big symbol of superiority of your deity).

Which, to be honest, is hilariously ironic. You know, that you are outraged at a feminist cutting down a large phallic symbol.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Jesus was not even a real person. Jesus is completely mythical like Horus and Zeus. Why do you keep insisting that Jesus was a real person? Historical records and archeological evidence indicates this person never existed. The entire premise for your argument of religion is non sense.

Cutting down a cross is the equivalent of them cutting down a Santa Claus statue or an Easter Bunny painting.

Mythical fictional figures should not be used as a reason to imprison human beings.

It is like getting upset over someone destroying an effigy of the Grinch.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

While I agree she shouldn't have done that, calling her emaciated is a serious stretch. Most American's are overweight and thus have no idea what a healthy body weight looks like. She looks about 20% body fat, perfectly health to me. Nice legs too.

You know, you're right. I shouldn't have said that about her...and it's not for her. In reading your comment I thought about it...and there are probably plenty of girls on this site that look like her or close enough for my comment to be cutting and insulting far beyond the wretched excuse I meant it for.

In honesty...I suppose she isn't that bad..and on another woman for personality...eh? Who knows... It's the part from the shoulders UP that I hate and it goes equal to her band of buddies I've watched coverage with all over that area now. They are like Occupy only half naked and always trying to piss off the public and generally make trouble for everyone. I hope she gets trouble for once...a year or two of it.

Religion totally aside.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I dont care about property damage now ?

you guys are awfull at twisting things up
i know that anything i will say .. you will continu the game or shutting your ears up
debating is not new for me .. been debating things all my life
its always the same side that never want to listen
always thinking they are right and everyone else is wrong

you sir have one angry heart
but i still hope one day you see the light
will never lose that hope

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I dont care about property damage now ?

you guys are awfull at twisting things up
i know that anything i will say .. you will continu the game or shutting your ears up
debating is not new for me .. been debating things all my life
its always the same side that never want to listen
always thinking they are right and everyone else is wrong

you sir have one angry heart
but i still hope one day you see the light
will never lose that hope

You know, it is almost like you have had your account hacked.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join