It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked FEMEN Activist Cuts Down with a Chainsaw a Big Jesus Cross for Pussy Riot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain
reply to post by Ben81

All I see is some woman who went topless (the point of that? attention perhaps..my son calls them attention whores *shrugs) ... destroying property that others value. Maybe she will learn some insight when someone goes to her property and trashes what she values.

tempting to go destroy her stuff .. maybe karma will but
Nah .. thats not how the good side works
only the haters destroy and insults
their excuse card is freedom of speech
thats why so many people kill people .. they think they have the right to do what ever they want
such liberty can be very dangerous

yes we are all free to do what we want and say what we want ..
but you need a balance and limits

if you cant understand that .. just sad for you
im not angry about the pussy riot .. i dont hate them
im just sad that people can be so young in their mind/soul

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
So The Russian Orthodox Church supports Putin - Wonder what is in it for them
Sounds like a pact with the devil

So add more fuel on the fire. good idea attack the third party. is that right
They dont have the balls literally to go after putin and the kgb.
like shooting an unarmed man who was just a witness to a crime
f wussy riot./
take their chainsaws and guns to the krem*lin

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain
reply to post by Ben81

All I see is some woman who went topless (the point of that? attention perhaps..my son calls them attention whores *shrugs) ... destroying property that others value. Maybe she will learn some insight when someone goes to her property and trashes what she values.

Yes true - But that is adolescence for you.
A more mature person would have found a better way to protest
Yet let us not look to religious leaders or political leaders for good examples eh

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Inward holiness shows on the outside by the kind of clothes a person wears and their actions. Her lack of clothes and action shows us how unholy of a person she is on the inside. Without repentance, she will receive her judgement from God. I say let her be and let God pass out her judgement. It won't be long.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnukeem

So The Russian Orthodox Church supports Putin - Wonder what is in it for them
Sounds like a pact with the devil

So add more fuel on the fire. good idea attack the third party. is that right
They dont have the balls literally to go after putin and the kgb.
like shooting an unarmed man who was just a witness to a crime
f wussy riot./
take their chainsaws and guns to the krem*lin

I am against violent revolution but not against revolution - Mass civil disobedience to me is a better option
Stop buying into their game - Speak the truth without fear

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Somebody should have sharpened her chain saw for her. I could have cut it with a manual bow saw in half the time. Why did nobody try to stop them?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
Inward holiness shows on the outside by the kind of clothes a person wears and their actions. Her lack of clothes and action shows us how unholy of a person she is on the inside. Without repentance, she will receive her judgement from God. I say let her be and let God pass out her judgement. It won't be long.

Exactly my thoughs

but she didnt have to go naked .. she wanted attention .. thats all
cutting down Jesus cross was enought
edit on 8/17/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I support FEMEN all the way, mice roaring and all that. Governments are not serving our best interests, when will you all learn this simple fact. This is not hatred, no sir this is fierce defiance against the manipulation of church and state. We allshare this thing called reality yet some think they own it and can do what ever they want with it and expect us all to simply obey with each and every one of their tyrannical whims and wishes.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Inward holiness shows on the outside by the kind of clothes a person wears

Male bovine feces!! You can be as holy as Jesus himself when you are naked. Clothing has nothing to do with holiness.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Your joking right - So it is unholy to be naked - How so?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Male bovine feces!! You can be as holy as Jesus himself when you are naked. Clothing has nothing to do with holiness.

I agree - This is how Putin has wished to play it - Turning it into a religious argument rather than a protest against his crimes

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Any proof?
edit on 17-8-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Somebody should have sharpened her chain saw for her. I could have cut it with a manual bow saw in half the time. Why did nobody try to stop them?

Would you try stop some enraged female wielding a chainsaw

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

In public? Yes. In private? No

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Sure, it's stuff like that keeping me from being a Christian. Nakedness is unholy? So unholy that it caused Noah to curse an entire line of his offspring? I don't want any part of that God, thanks anyway.

The sons of Noah who went forth from the ark were Shem, Ham, and Japheth. Ham was the father of Canaan. These three were the sons of Noah; and from these the whole earth was peopled. Noah was the first tiller of the soil. He planted a vineyard; and he drank of the wine, and became drunk, and lay uncovered in his tent. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside.Then Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it upon both their shoulders, and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father; their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father's nakedness. When Noah awoke from his wine and knew what his youngest son had done to him, he said, "Cursed be Canaan; a slave of slaves shall he be to his brothers." He also said, "Blessed by the LORD my God be Shem; and let Canaan be his slave. God enlarge Japheth, and let him dwell in the tents of Shem; and let Canaan be his slave." After the flood Noah lived three hundred and fifty years. All the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years; and he died. (Genesis 9:18-29)

Source

I'm very close to God, we converse often, and I believe deeply that God exists, and has a plan for all of us. I also believe that plan has been bastardized and destroyed by most organized religions, and the people are farther from God than they have ever been, and the more involved in churches they become, the farther they get from God.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
pussy riot just used a chainsaw to cut down a 25 foot cross ? FACT

Not FACT, FAIL.

You are mixing a lot of things.

The woman in the video is from an Ukrainian (not Russian) group (FEMEN) that does that kind of protests (they did some during the Euro 2012). She cut down the cross in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine, not in Russia.

Pussy Riot is a Russian punk rock band that entered a church and performed a song entitled "Virgin Mary, Put Putin Away" in the altar.

Different countries, different people, different reasons.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

A picture is worth a thousand words. I realize the young generation is against anything of authority, but when you go head to head with a nation that fought wars and was united during those hardships via the church then your simply asking to be decapitated .
edit on 17-8-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

In public? Yes. In private? No

That is surely just a cultural thing
Some peoples think nothing of their nakedness
I guess it stems from the Adam and Eve story
Am I right? Or is it written in the scriptures that the naked body is unholy.
It seems contradictory to me seeing as God supposedly made us without clothes.
Yes I agree I would not walk down main street naked (I hate my knobbly knees) - but see nothing wrong in the Human Form - Am I sinful of painting nudes because I think the Human Form is beautiful

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree with all you have just say

but cutting a huge Jesus cross that was put for the public
its like a statue of Washington .. its public property
imagine if someone was going to cut the head of Washington in a park
how many yrs you can get to damage such high public property in the US ?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by truejew

Sure, it's stuff like that keeping me from being a Christian. Nakedness is unholy?

Or is it unholiness inside that is keeping you from being a Christian?

We should get back on topic though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join