It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked FEMEN Activist Cuts Down with a Chainsaw a Big Jesus Cross for Pussy Riot

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Im sure you are a good guy
even if we have different point of view
everyone is unique and have the freewill to choose
to be a good soul or a bad soul .. simple has that
there is no inbetween

i was raised a Christian
had the baby and communion ceremony
went to a school deep in the forest with the nuns before highschool for 3 yrs
its even there i saw a multicolored ufo that was close to my camp
second later i was sleeping because it was late
the school was ruled by the nuns praying 5 time a day before meals and sleep
all the boy in the big same room and the girls in another building lol

i discovered spirituality way after that time
Christianism use many metaphores like all other religions
they use the word of God to control people with it .. thats why there is so many abuse
i never go to church .. and i pray whenever i want to raise my consciousness and be better
love is trully powerfull more powerfull then hate
but you need to be in full sync with the Creator .. Father of All
to realise our great everyone can be if they choose to

Once you discover that the holy grail is your heart
people will discover are great they can be just by being a good soul

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
3 issues.

1. They protested against the government by insulting the religious groups?

2. The Bible says make no image of God.

3. A cross can symbolize something but it should be empty to be Christian. Anything else misses the whole point of Christianity but does add to religiousness which it exactly what Jesus hated (religion) as he didn't come to introduce the same type of bondage the Jews were already in. A cross with Christ on it is idolatry which is pretty ironic to those who supposedly read the Bible yet have these things in their homes. Mind you being Catholic doesn't mean your Christian... actually neither does being Pentecostal... as I've observed.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Double
edit on 19-8-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

They protested against the church because the church is supporting Putin.

Church's should remain politically neutral when it comes to actually supporting candidates, etc. Not doing so makes them political organizations, not religious organizations. And, if the Eastern Orthodox Church supports Putin, they kind of deserve to be protested against.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by pacifier2012

They protested against the church because the church is supporting Putin.

Church's should remain politically neutral when it comes to actually supporting candidates, etc. Not doing so makes them political organizations, not religious organizations. And, if the Eastern Orthodox Church supports Putin, they kind of deserve to be protested against.

You need to understand that the so called Church played a significant role if not a catalyst to Stalingrad. That cannot be erased or altered as it is what defines one or should i say what defines a red line hardcore member state Russian loyalist. Although in public it will never be mentioned or hyped about, but on a one to one level and if you know the person well enough, he will make that distinction for you.

The Nazi administrators of conquered Soviet territories made little attempt to exploit the population's possible dissatisfaction with Soviet political and economic policies. Instead, the Nazis preserved the collective-farm system, systematically carried out genocidal policies against Jews, and deported many Ukrainians to forced labour in Germany. In their active resistance to Nazi Germany, the Ukrainians comprised a significant share of the Red Army and its leadership as well as the underground and resistance movements. Total civilian losses during the War and German occupation in Ukraine are estimated at seven million, including over a million Jews shot and killed by the Einsatzgruppen.

Many civilians fell victim to atrocities, forced labor, and even massacres of whole villages in reprisal for attacks against Nazi forces. Of the estimated eleven million Soviet troops who fell in battle against the Nazis, about 25% (2.7 million) were ethnic Ukrainians. Moreover, Ukraine saw some of the biggest battles of the war starting with the encirclement of Kiev (the city itself fell to the Germans on 19 September 1941 and was later acclaimed as a Hero City) where more than 660,000 Soviet troops were taken captive, to the fierce defence of Odessa, and on to the victorious storming across the Dnieper river.

Kiev was recaptured by the Soviet Red Army on 6 November 1943.

Perhaps that female so called punk band should be re-educated into how significant Russia was to them and the whole world war two fornt. People sadly forget until one slams history in their face and says "what's ya say now idiot"

P.S. my above remark was not directed to you my texan, but to the band and its supporters.
edit on 19-8-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Anyone will still protect the pussy riot after this ?
they will lose many supporters now

Its over for the pussy riot when this cross touched the ground

Activists from the Ukrainian feminist group Femen cut down a wooden crucifix in the center of the country’s capital, Kiev, on Friday in support of members of the Russian punk band Pussy Riot whose trial on hooliganism charges comes to an end today.

A video posted online showed a topless blond Femen protester wearing red shorts, with the words “Free Riot” scrawled across her chest and arms, cutting the cross with a chainsaw and then pulling it down using arope pulled by two other activists, and then posing with her arms extended crucifix-style.

Link

This is disgusting .. i hope she get arrested and get the same 2 yrs sentence
will anyone protect this shamefull act now ?
if you do then you are against the Creator himself
destroying such sacred religious items

i see only pure hatred in their message .. how can people listen to them
cutting a big Jesus cross like that, cant beleive they have done that

this girl will get jailed for eternity in the PIT
and you though 2 yrs was severe for waging chaos in a church

if they had a message for Putin
then why dont they go topless and protest in a putin speech ..
they wouldnt sentenced 2 yrs in jail for that
i would encourage them to protest at one of his speech ..
but arriving like masked terrorist acting violently in a sacred church toward the nuns
they really went to far
but this one with her chainsaw .. went beyong to far
edit on 8/17/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Are you serious? Sacred religious item? It's a crucifix...an ancient torture device. Do you know how many people died on one of those? Didn't think so, it's not all about the big J man. Why would this device be chosen as the one worn around so many peoples necks and hung in their homes? Seems like it should be the the headpiece they gave him or something. To me this is no big deal, yep a cross was cut down, it's meaningless. Just like when books are destroyed or flags are burned.

The act obviously did what they were going for though...get attention and more public eye on the situation. Seems to me these activists were successful. Big thumbs up to them

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

The thing that is pertinent to me is that Putin is a tyrant, the church supports the tyrant, and the victims of the tyrant take exception to it.

Stalingrad was 2 generations back.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
You need to understand that the so called Church played a significant role if not a catalyst to Stalingrad.
Sorry, I don't understand the connection between this case (either the Pussy Riot case or this "protest") and Stalingrad.

A source for that quote would be nice (as would using the correct tags for external quotes).

Perhaps that female so called punk band should be re-educated into how significant Russia was to them and the whole world war two fornt. People sadly forget until one slams history in their face and says "what's ya say now idiot"
The band is Russian, so I guess they have some understanding of how Russia was significant to them.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Anyone will still protect the pussy riot after this ?
they will lose many supporters now

She is not a member of Pussy Riot. Pussy Riot performed an Anti-Putin song in a church, they were charged with hooliganism, and instead of the usual 15 days for that crime they were given 2 years.

You are blaming an artistic political group - punk by it's very definition is intended to challenge the establishment - for the actions of one person.

So can I lock up the Pope for the abuse carried out by his religious clergy against innocent children?

If you're suggesting that those who "inspire" others to commit acts without intention should be charged for those acts, where do you stop?

This is just more religious fundamentalism.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Yep i say load all em up, i mean everyone and anyone who believes that changes need to be made to the system, gather all thinkers from North and South, West and unload into a nation like..umm...Saudi Arabia

The irony here is there are branches of feminist theory that will agree with your opinions on the subject.

I imagine you're not looking for a ticket to Saudi Arabia, so what you're essentially saying is you want everyone to go there except the people that agree with you.

If you're American then being allowed to have an opinion should be a dear and precious right to you. If you want to ship everyone to another country who disagrees with you, perhaps you should go to any number of the dictatorships available to you? They might have a place in politics for you there.

Please forgive and correct me if I've misunderstood your intention.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

debating is not new for me .. been debating things all my life

>debated all his life
>can't tell when he's wrong

>>fail

inb4 debating religion =

edit on 19-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Why destroying the property of God
when they are supposedly anti Putin .. WTH

they can spit on a Putin picture .. i wouldnt care a bit
or throw him shoes during a speech.. but cutting 20 feet Jesus Cross
it has gone to far

are they trying to enrage all the Christians .. this is a hatred religious war they are doing

Benrl you should know better

This act would not enrage all the Christians just the very stupid ones. And I am pretty sure God does not have a any property.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

it has gone to far

are they trying to enrage all the Christians .. this is a hatred religious war they are doing

This act would not enrage all the Christians just the very stupid ones. And I am pretty sure God does not have a any property.

Then how come the cops protect so much the enormous bull at wall street
its okay destroying a Jesus cross but dont touch the bull ?

make so much sense

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

it has gone to far

Then how come the cops protect so much the enormous bull at wall street
its okay destroying a Jesus cross but dont touch the bull ?

make so much sense

It only goes to show you what is sacred to them.
It's not the cross it's the bull or the owl most of the time.
We know what happens when we fight the real system.All we can do now is prepare our hearts and our swords for the final battle

Imo we will all be overtaken by the system but the believers will overcome the system.
Stand fast in your beliefs and warnings and pray for further discernment of the truth.

You have been so accurate with your truth i pray for the ones on the other side of this battle.For they will have to wait for glory.Do not get bogged down in any misconceptions you may have addressed for they are only a tool of righteousness in the end as long as you can see the light and continue to lead the way.

edit on 19-8-2012 by deadeyedick because: hhhhhhhh

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
HELLO Y'ALL....

It took me while to realize this, but there really is such thing as Karma in life. Karma is talked about in the bible quite often as well as many other anticent books.

It's so basic. If you want a good life, do things that are good to bring in more good Karma. Don't do bad things that will bring into your life bad Karma.

I see a vision of the future....

She's an activist. She wants to make a difference. Years go by. She eventually settles down. She then gets an opportunity to run for office, to start a popular franchise business, to get a good paying job. And she does that. Then out of left feild this video is leaked to her bosses. And she's fired!!! lol I don't know. Or she gets hit by a bus. Or maybe God shows up and saves her. Then she regrets this act for her whole life. It's that kind of thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Yes i believe in karma!
Karma has a way of screwing you when you are your youngest and weakest.Only to see how you shall pay it forward.It is a battle that we fight everyday.Don't leave out the physically helpless for they will have their peace of mind also.Do good,prepare your heart and listen to your gut.

GOD does not care who you were only who you are. Bill Cooper.
edit on 19-8-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Bingo.

God, they grow em' stupid on this planet.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by cerebralassassins

The thing that is pertinent to me is that Putin is a tyrant, the church supports the tyrant, and the victims of the tyrant take exception to it.

Stalingrad was 2 generations back.

My friend i dont see Putin as a Tyrant for we could that term for every current leader on the planet. You see, all governments monitor and do away with pests in some form or another, what i dont understand is why target a symbol to millions and above all target it in a city who owes alot to the Russian Church/Armed Forces. See, since we are talking about a teen...or should i say adult, she has no concept of what world war two was all about let alone its sacrifices that more than likely her descendants had to endure while under german occupation. So given that she obviously has a site and iphone and twitter and facebook its no wonder that the new generation of so called keyboard warriors are nothing more than pussy's. As its obvious and expected, Mr. Putin granted amnesty for her actions but she has refused to accept such a hand. Well i guess thats sure to bring more roubles to the bank..dont ya think so.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

Yep i say load all em up, i mean everyone and anyone who believes that changes need to be made to the system, gather all thinkers from North and South, West and unload into a nation like..umm...Saudi Arabia

The irony here is there are branches of feminist theory that will agree with your opinions on the subject.

I imagine you're not looking for a ticket to Saudi Arabia, so what you're essentially saying is you want everyone to go there except the people that agree with you.

If you're American then being allowed to have an opinion should be a dear and precious right to you. If you want to ship everyone to another country who disagrees with you, perhaps you should go to any number of the dictatorships available to you? They might have a place in politics for you there.

Please forgive and correct me if I've misunderstood your intention.

I was simply pointing out that its become very boring reading so called activists who voice their opinion through songs or actions within a nation that they know will tolerate their actions instead of risking being buried head deep and stoned to death while being filmed by an iphone and uploaded to youtube for the world to click a like or dislike button.

This site has countless threads regarding psyops and its methods, but as intelligent as you (not you, speaking in general terms), feel that your in-tune and informed about psyops, you along with others fall into the same sandbox as all those who click a like or dislike. To give a clearer picture of how structured the intelligence and the mechanism being applied is, you only need to look at the top rated web sites throughout the net. Do you notice a "flag method/like/approve/ranking system".?

That rating system is as hard core data mining as it can get. You blindly participate in a global database regarding what and how audio/visual in sequential order is being accepted. Multiply that by several hundred thousand outlets and you have a crystal clear image of what the targeted area's metal and social stability or instability is at a push of a button since those hundreds of thousands have a reach potential of hundreds of millions.

Its has reached a point that the internet is so structured that you can sway millions of people within a three month span towards any concept or ideology one chooses to focus for the purpose of benefiting those who attain the authority to use such power. This is why the internet is to be redefined with laws and restrictions as such data is being gathered by sources that had not been factored in when they scribbled the equation regarding information=power.

I could go on forever with what i am describing but i find it pointless as it serves no purpose. I am often asked to evaluate seo strategies and marketing concepts. What i find amusing is that 70% of all marketing and strategies that have been taught via educational institutions have purposely misled with assumptions of one is to be more coherent and precise without being visible when delivering a message with the goal being, money. What students or businesses who revolve around such concepts have no idea about is that they actually are following and analyzing the tail of trends when the head of the trend has actually turned a corner. So it takes some time for that information to trickle down to lower levels of the network and to be made visible to such software claiming that its seo or data mining and obtaining "real-time trends" This so called real-time is so unreal that it makes one feel uneasy as to how tens of millions are literally in the dark ages in terms of the "information age" A while ago i had posted that the real stock exchange is not wall street, but the actual data gathered by retail stores throughout a country or sectors that once analyzed do give an accurate reading of 90+% of the consumers habits. This data is the mother lode, this data breathes oxygen into world stock markets, this data is what is never ever referred to or mentioned, one can say it can be branded as a taboo subject. I am aware that some individuals within ats are fluent and upto speed on this topic but i make it my point never to question them as they never question me.

Peace.
edit on 20-8-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

You need to understand that the so called Church played a significant role if not a catalyst to Stalingrad.
Sorry, I don't understand the connection between this case (either the Pussy Riot case or this "protest") and Stalingrad.

A source for that quote would be nice (as would using the correct tags for external quotes).

The band is Russian, so I guess they have some understanding of how Russia was significant to them.

Forgive me, the catalyst was/is mine, it has not been pulled from any website.

The band as you say is Russian, but to choose a nation (Ukraine) as your podium has deeper implications that she and/or her band and parents are fully aware of. This is not a prank of a child, this is far deeper than what it seems, but the visual image and its background history of the band made it easier to deliver the message that was needed to be delivered.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join